Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+17
melbourneSTORM4eva
Frankie27
flyjammer
KingCam
toiss
Reaper
Biggles
splosionman
Foam Militia
tysgunner
Hamish
AlmostExperts
nerffirefight24
-Aj-
littlebro05
frawft
Chaos-Blades
21 posters

New blaster? - cs-18 clip, looks like the Spartan

Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

New blaster? - cs-18 clip, looks like the Spartan Empty New blaster? - cs-18 clip, looks like the Spartan

Post  Chaos-Blades Mon May 17, 2010 4:53 am

Oh, here we go. Thanks to Guardian21 on Nerfhaven, the speculation train is at it again.

Mr. Linky

It looks like the spartan, is this the 09/09/10 blaster?New blaster? - cs-18 clip, looks like the Spartan Sparta10

EDIT: @ Liam_skywalker - he started the same topic labeled "New nerf gun" before I did

Last edited by Chaos-Blades on Wed May 19, 2010 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    frawft
    frawft

New blaster? - cs-18 clip, looks like the Spartan Empty Re: New blaster? - cs-18 clip, looks like the Spartan

Post  frawft Mon May 17, 2010 4:57 am

Yeah it does a bit, that clip looks ridiculous though, i would imagine the darts wouldnt be having a very good time in there.
    I cant seem to see a firing mechanism however (pump or bolt assembly) could possibly be automatic maybe

Peace
    Frawft
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

New blaster? - cs-18 clip, looks like the Spartan Empty Re: New blaster? - cs-18 clip, looks like the Spartan

Post  littlebro05 Mon May 17, 2010 4:59 am

Yes these rumour have been gone pretty popular around the forums and webs about this new gun, It looks VERY real, if this was photo shopped it must be very skillfully made. Although it seems that some of the designs on this gun doesn't look like something Nerf would do. I wouldn't think anyway. If it's like the spartan, if they can manage to make this gun automatic / or semiautomatic then this will probably go through the roof. And revolutionise Nerfing once again.

If it was automatic, it may be a VERY chunky gun.
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Mon May 17, 2010 4:59 am

frawft wrote:Yeah it does a bit
    It does a LOT. Check the link to the original Nerfhaven post.
    frawft
    frawft

Post  frawft Mon May 17, 2010 5:03 am

Mmmm i smell potential.

G36c look alike anyone? Just trim fron barrel and change the back stock with say a longstrikes....
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Mon May 17, 2010 6:54 am

Changing the back stock would not be advised... it's where the batteries go....

Nerf obviously realised that kids will go ballistic for an assault rifle that functions like a real assault rifle....

Aj
    frawft
    frawft

Post  frawft Mon May 17, 2010 7:07 am

Yes but surely there would be some deadspace inside that massive frame to re-wire it too?
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Mon May 17, 2010 7:13 am

If it's motorized most likely not a lot of deadspace. think how huge the vulcan is... it's jam packed in the rear half...

Aj
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon May 17, 2010 7:19 am

However, I reckon if Nerf had the engineering skills they would be able to make it compact, just take airsoft guns for example, those springs in those guns are pretty beefy, I'd reckon if you'd shot that manually it would be hard to cock and you could get a good minimum of 15metres.

And yes I would go crazy for an assault rifle that functions like one, to be honest lol, I'm sure everyone would too, although it's more of the 'will it be strong?' aspect of it all. The vulcan performs fairly well for it being a reciprocating piston.

Well I guess it's Nerf keeping us in contemplation or that isn't the real deal, but it does look very Nerf-brandish like. You also have to take into consideration the part where the thing spins to feed the chain in front of the plunger, that's probably one of the big bulk of it. If Nerf can make something like a clip system gun, There maybe a chance that it won't be too fat, but probs 1.5x bigger thicker than a recon... just a guestimate that's very off.
    frawft
    frawft

Post  frawft Mon May 17, 2010 7:40 am

Hmm ive not seen the inside of a vulcan none the less this looks very enticing
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Mon May 17, 2010 9:14 am

DUDE!! I think that gun is one of the coolest looking guns I've seen, but then again in my oppinion I thought the longstrike was cool but it sucks because its a reverse plunger. But an electronic clip system gun, that would be awesome, and it would change how things are played. I do think the ranges on this would be crap though. And by looking at the side of it, it looks like it has a clear window showing a breach. Im definately getting this when it comes out.

-Adam-
    AlmostExperts
    AlmostExperts

Post  AlmostExperts Mon May 17, 2010 9:18 am

mr. Linky seems to be broken. Or is that just me?

Also i have my suspicions about this gun..... I think that this is impossible...... if it did come out it would cost atleast $100 because its auto function.... secondly i dont think nerf are anywhere near smart enough to pull something this awesome together...

If it happens expect a fat pricetag... if it dosnt then i wont be surprised.
    Hamish
    Hamish

Post  Hamish Mon May 17, 2010 9:25 am

The link isn't broken its just Nerf ordered a cease and desist order to NH and SGnerf therefore NH removed the page.

-Hamish
    AlmostExperts
    AlmostExperts

Post  AlmostExperts Mon May 17, 2010 9:38 am

Thanks for clearing that up. If Nerf is asking for it to be removed then there might be something going on.
    tysgunner
    tysgunner

Post  tysgunner Mon May 17, 2010 9:41 am

If you look closely theres a switch just in front of the trigger.
    Foam Militia
    Foam Militia

Post  Foam Militia Mon May 17, 2010 9:43 am

tysgunner wrote:If you look closely theres a switch just in front of the trigger.

Clip-lock
    frawft
    frawft

Post  frawft Mon May 17, 2010 9:44 am

Isnt that just the clip release?

GAHH Foam u beat me to it
    AlmostExperts
    AlmostExperts

Post  AlmostExperts Mon May 17, 2010 9:48 am

If your talking bout the orange thing i think thats the clip ejection.

Also i just notice the tacti"cool" rail on the side of it...... does this mean new meaningless expensive accessories?

"Edit" hahhahaha you guys bet me to it
    splosionman

Post  splosionman Mon May 17, 2010 11:10 am

Hopefully on the other side there is a bolt/slide, I'd hate having to use it with batteries only. I think the one thing Nerf did well with the vulcan was keeping the option for semi-auto.
    Biggles
    Biggles

Post  Biggles Mon May 17, 2010 12:08 pm

Ok, three things.

1. I have seen a picture of the other side of the gun. You can all breathe a sigh of relief that it features a very long priming stroke; possibly a sign of a normal plunger?

2. New blaster? - cs-18 clip, looks like the Spartan Sparta10

Red line shows rough length of priming stroke.

3.New blaster? - cs-18 clip, looks like the Spartan Sparta11

Note: black piece of bolt. Now remember where you've seen this piece before: yep, thats right the longshot.

Biggles
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Mon May 17, 2010 12:17 pm

Yeah I thought so. With the really long priming stroke its looking more like how the spartan does. I think they are actually making it like how the spartan is.I cant wait.
    Reaper
    Reaper

Post  Reaper Mon May 17, 2010 12:36 pm

Actually, he's right. Even if this is just a stupid electric gun with a reused Longshot plunger, I'll jump up and dance around, because it means the end of the REVERSE PLUNGER REIGN OF TERROR!!!(cue ominous music).

Post  Guest Mon May 17, 2010 12:57 pm

Win.

I called it as soon as I saw it. End peice of the "plunger assembly" as i think its called. Where the breech hole is. Are we sure that this is the electronic blaster? It would have a good deal trouble pulling back a plunger. Maybe it's hasbro's way of giving modders the finger. A larger spring would make it near impossible to prime.
    Reaper
    Reaper

Post  Reaper Mon May 17, 2010 1:03 pm

Six D-size batteries? That'd be relatively easy to prime with that kind of torque. I reckon that if it has a Longshot plunger (and I pray to god that it does) then it would be easy to do spring replacement+voltage upgrade, meaning much better range and stock RoF. A.K.A ownage gun.
    AlmostExperts
    AlmostExperts

Post  AlmostExperts Mon May 17, 2010 2:11 pm

You might know this but......

This is confirmation from me its called the big blast for sure.

search "nerf tacticool" vest in google

click on top link

scroll down to 3rd pic and click on it

press ctrl+ 1-3 times and scroll to the box that says 9-9-10

notice in the corner it says big blast??

this is the pic you should be looking at

New blaster? - cs-18 clip, looks like the Spartan 9-9-1010

if u cant be bothered doing the steps then ctrl+ this pic

if your a mac user then use apple/command +
    AlmostExperts
    AlmostExperts

Post  AlmostExperts Mon May 17, 2010 2:46 pm

legit double post....

Can anyone tell me what i have to search in google to find the picture of the nerf big blast/ spartan or whatever its called because i just spent 30 mins looking for it and cant find a thing.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Mon May 17, 2010 3:10 pm

Biggles where have you seen the other side. No other pictures ave surfaced thus far..

ie: share or I call BS

Aj

Post  Guest Mon May 17, 2010 3:11 pm

Post fail

Image here

New blaster? - cs-18 clip, looks like the Spartan Spartancs12
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Mon May 17, 2010 3:18 pm

Haha you're all dreaming with the longshot shit.. ZOMG THERE IS BLACK PLASTIC NEXT TO ORANGE PLASTIC ITS A LONGSHOT...

I think whoever posted this on 4chan is more on the money

New blaster? - cs-18 clip, looks like the Spartan 1274043327732

Aj
    AlmostExperts
    AlmostExperts

Post  AlmostExperts Mon May 17, 2010 3:27 pm

oh yeh aj... iv been meaning to call bullshit on the fact you ordered a spectre for a while.... whos the supplier?... got a receipt? proof of purchase?? cost? i mean that in the nicest possible way but come on.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Mon May 17, 2010 5:01 pm

It got held up at chinese customs, do you really think I'm dumb enough to reveal my supplier? oh I mean OF COURSE, I'm going to post my receipt/correspondence with the seller, thus revealing my source, to dispute the claims of a 14 year old on the internet. That, to me, seems like THE best business plan. ever. of all time.

They are on TaoBao.com (huge mark up though and they dont ship INT. plus your guns will get stopped at customs just like mine), given that they are available there of course they are available elsewhere in china.

Got some other goodies coming though so you can eat your words when they arrive.

edit: cost $29.99 (179RMB) for the Spectre, $39.99 (239RMB) for the Alpha Trooper

Aj
    Biggles
    Biggles

Post  Biggles Tue May 18, 2010 12:20 am

AJ,

I saw the oicture of the other side in a thread on nerf haven, which has been subsequently been deleted. I'm pretty sure the nerf told the forums to not speculate about their guns, at least on nerf hg they have.

Biggles
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Tue May 18, 2010 12:34 am

I think this is that 9.9.10 gun and Nerf has been deleting the photos of it because they were trying to have a big unveiling but because of the snitches in there company photos are on the web.
    If it is a direct plunger and electronic its going to be pretty bulky because of the ammount of batterys it would need to power it. I know this is a dumb question but isn't the LS the only direct plunger with a clip system?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue May 18, 2010 12:46 am

That's not a dumb question, it's more like the statement you have made is correct. I'm pretty sure the LongShot is the only direct plunger with all the CS-# related guns.

Unfortunately yes the electronic part is going to be pretty bulky, as an assumption. That could be easily fixed though if they used high grade motors (i.e. airsoft motors, they can power back powerful springs with little effort), but that unfortunately will cost way too much to produce because these airsoft motors and gearboxes can reach prices of like $100. Then that would been the the budget would be way to high.
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Tue May 18, 2010 1:28 am

If anyone doesn't already know, I think this gun is called the Nerf N-strike Big Blast, and there is also a mission kit for this gun that comes with an 18 clip with 18 streamlines, a tactical shield and a bi-pod.
    That sounds pretty cool to me.

-Adam-

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 pm