Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+2
longstrikeguy
Synergie
6 posters

SOGC CraftLAN - 15th/16th January

Synergie
    Synergie

SOGC CraftLAN - 15th/16th January Empty SOGC CraftLAN - 15th/16th January

Post  Synergie Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:11 am

SOGC CraftLAN - 15th/16th January Craftlan_poster

When: 12:00pm January 15th to 6:00pm 16th, 2011 (Saturday and Sunday)

Where: Anyware Computer Accessories Warehouse (That's right, you can buy cheap hardware on the day, too! http://www.anyware.com.au) - D3, Campus Business Park, 350 Parramatta Rd, Homebush West, NSW! -- Google Maps Link

Cost: $40.00 for the two days, or $20.00 a day!

Seats: 100 people! (We can go up to 200 people though!)

Age Restrictions?: You must be 15 years or older. If you're younger than 18 years old, you'll need to have parental consent. You can find our Parental Consent Form here: Our Form (PDF)

Do you like building bases? Do you have a passion for massing armies or building traps, ambushes and weapons upgrades? Then you NEED to come to Craftlan; featuring starcraft, warcraft, minecraft and nerf-craft... yes, the last one is now a word!

We have all the usual favourites as well like TF2, Counter-Strike Source, Quake 3, Blur and Flatout 2!

Competitions:
    • Worms Reloaded
    • Counter-Strike Source: Gun Game
    • Flatout 2
    • Quake 3 Arena
    • Minecraft(3-man teams, building challenge!)
    • Poker
    • Blur
    • HDD Balancing
    • Handball
    • NERF Quick Draw

You can find out more, and sign up for the event over at sogc.com.au! See you at the LAN!
    longstrikeguy
    longstrikeguy

SOGC CraftLAN - 15th/16th January Empty Re: SOGC CraftLAN - 15th/16th January

Post  longstrikeguy Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:51 am

I don't get it, what is this madness?
    kingkottah
    kingkottah

Post  kingkottah Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:23 pm

Its basicly a LAN party, im aussming you bring your pc/laptop or you going to need a shitload of pc's if everyone wants to play. How it works is you have a massive router and you plug in the RJ45 into the router and your pc (like your internet) and you play agaist the other people if you play XBL or PSN its basicly that but on pc which is more fun.

If you like MLG its basicly that without the prize money and its more soical and not to much hate.
    Synergie
    Synergie

Post  Synergie Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:40 pm

kingkottah wrote:Its basicly a LAN party, im aussming you bring your pc/laptop or you going to need a shitload of pc's if everyone wants to play. How it works is you have a massive router and you plug in the RJ45 into the router and your pc (like your internet) and you play agaist the other people if you play XBL or PSN its basicly that but on pc which is more fun.

If you like MLG its basicly that without the prize money and its more soical and not to much hate.

While this is true, this, might also help you understand what a LAN party is.

EDIT: It wouldnt matter too much to you longstrikeguy as I asked all of you last Saturday if you were into games and for the most part, none of you were or primarily used the wrong platform ie. Xbox. The SOGC (like most other public LANs) is a PC-based gaming community where people come together to play computer games over a local area network (LAN), organisers run competitions (as outlined above) and offer prizes for those who reign supreme. People congregate at a single venue with their chosen computer, be it desktop or laptop, plug in to the network and hence are able to play games over a LAN.
    dandaldaks
    dandaldaks

Post  dandaldaks Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:00 pm

longstrikeguy wrote:I don't get it, what is this madness?
    CALL THEIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stop theifing my calls
    Anyway on the subject now, I can't go since I'm at Bendalong Point for Campageness (hardcore camping)
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:07 pm

Love the promotion Anyware has going even though it's pretty flawed as you can get their pricing public anyway from Umart, Msy, gocomp and the likes. It's just the computer industry being screwed up as usual but hey.

If this was in Brisbane I would be in. Last word, console Lanning is dumb, PC wins.
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:47 am

For those not in sydney I'm pretty sure there's monthly things like this in Melbourne if you feel like looking it up.
    Synergie
    Synergie

Post  Synergie Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:17 am

inf0rm3r wrote:Love the promotion Anyware has going even though it's pretty flawed as you can get their pricing public anyway from Umart, Msy, gocomp and the likes. It's just the computer industry being screwed up as usual but hey.
    I don't claim to like the idea of it, since prices as you say when compared to MSY cannot be compared really. That said, if a certain product turns up down the line and it isn't *that* much more than MSY, I will buy it through the SOGC because Anyware and SOGC have an agreement where profits are split between them, which in the future will lead to LANs being solely based on donations.

inf0rm3r wrote:Last word, console Lanning is dumb, PC wins.
    This.
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:42 am

inf0rm3r wrote:
    If this was in Brisbane I would be in. Last word, console Lanning is dumb, PC wins.

PC LANs are a lot larger and usually more fun. but there is something to be said for having 15 mates over for a day of xbox fun and beers. We often used to bring a few TVs and xboxes round to one house along with maybe 5 or 6 computers. Those were fun days.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:27 pm