Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+15
gooni
-Aj-
Cerbyn
dandaldaks
Akimbo Assassin
Psykka
Beardly
littlebro05
phuonguyen
WV17
Joey
abowden
SnowDragon
killerbunny
articwolf101
19 posters

Is new colours really that great?

articwolf101
    articwolf101

Is new colours really that great? Empty Is new colours really that great?

Post  articwolf101 Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:50 pm

I know Hasbro is going to change the color scheme of some of there blasters (and yes they look very sexy), but is that really all there going to do in the N-strike department? I would appreciate more blasters. (Heres a challenge NERF, Make a proper Bolt ACTION sniper or a Bullpup blaster)
    killerbunny
    killerbunny

Is new colours really that great? Empty Re: Is new colours really that great?

Post  killerbunny Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:10 pm

I have to agree. A long range nerf gun would be cool. What they're doing is just re-branding.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:11 pm

I know Hasbro is going to change the color scheme of some of there blasters (and yes they look very sexy), but is that really all there going to do in the N-strike department? I would appreciate more blasters. (Heres a challenge NERF, Make a proper Bolt ACTION sniper or a Bullpup blaster)

Grammar has taken a direct hit! The language is overloading!

BOOM.

Congratulations. You've just killed the English language.

In all seriousness though, yeah, that's it. If there are going to be any new blasters, it won't be until the closing months of this year, just in time for the christmas rush, as usual.

Last edited by SnowDragon on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:12 pm

Nerf should make another gun that fires mega darts. (you know why)
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:57 pm

I think there will be a new blaster this year for the n-strike range. They have to stay top dong and new colors wont cut it.

As for sniper, don't expect them to ever make something that would actually be great stock :p

Bullpop? Meh.
    WV17
    WV17

Post  WV17 Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:05 pm

LOL DONG.... Anyway, they have the new dart tag set coming and maybe N-strike could follow that path later this yea (though thisl would seem odd to me due to the clip system success). Nerf are also likely to produce a few more re-shells and more accessories along the lines of the recent tac vest and bandolier. Well thats my predictions done.
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

Post  phuonguyen Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Again, the vortex series is a new series by itself. This reshell business is merely to increase the hype in a similar way the clear series was used to 'clear' the way for the release of the Stampede.

From Nerf on FB - "that's actually the Gear Up for 9.10.11 blaster line (it's similar to the Clear Series we debuted for a limited time last year in anticipation of the N-Strike Stampede ECS blaster). The Vortex collection is completely different from the N-Strike line and wasn't shown at Toy Fair. You'll have to wait and check back to see what's in store with the Vortex collection, in terms of features and design. Thanks!"

Well it takes time to develop blasters and it's pretty obvious that alot of time, effort and thought has gone into the new Dart Tag series as well as the Vortex. By the sound of the previous statement, it seems that the Vortex will be to N-Strike as N-Strike is to Dart Tag.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Nerf releases several series, more different types of blasters mean more potential sales. Regarding long ranged blasters - you have to consider the fact that it is merely a toy; and the addition of safety precautions within the states, around the world and within any patents that they file to keep it within the 'toy' category.

@abowden - add an avatar, location and age. This is your last warning.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:12 pm

A bolt action would be very cool. However, a Bullpup is already impractical for Nerf design. You're going to be looking at a 50cm stock because all the internals have to fit from behind. Just another fanboy...
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:34 pm

littlebro05 wrote:A bolt action would be very cool. However, a Bullpup is already impractical for Nerf design. You're going to be looking at a 50cm stock because all the internals have to fit from behind. Just another Call of Failure fanboy who thinks he knows crap bout guns because he's played a failgame.

Fixed.

What we can expect is some more recon repacks.
    Beardly
    Beardly

Post  Beardly Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:27 pm

SnowDragon wrote:
    What we can expect is some more recon repacks.

Unfortunantly you are probably right. This is why I want N-strike to die.
    I hope the new Vortex line does extremely well, at least good enough for N-strike to be scrapped.

And from what I gather, they are only going to be re-releasing 4 blasters with the new colour scheme. Recon, Barricade, Raider, and Maverick.

Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:50 pm

abowden wrote:Nerf should make another gun that fires mega darts. (you know why)

The big bad bow fires megas with the stock barrel. Take out the AR and try.

I too am looking forward to a new range. It's inevitable that n-strike will end, nerf mostly releases things in a series SM, AT, N-strike etc. Hopefully the vortex will be something new and exciting like another airgun range rather than repackaged reverse plungers.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:40 pm

It seems like Dart Tag is on course to replace the N-Strike range entirely, but maybe not as quickly as we think, and definatly not this year. Nerf has just redone the packaging on all of the nstrike gear, which leads one to believe they intend to keep the range around for a bit longer. The only packaging I'm yet to see updated is the longshot box, but that's discontinued which means they'd planned it before the repackaging. I expect nstrike will be around for a while longer.

But what we haven't seen is a flat recon repack (Short of maybe the deploy, but we don't count that). We had a raider (Vast) improvement and a mavrick (vast) improvement. Maybe we can expect the same of some other blasters this year if anything new comes out.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:56 pm

phuonguyen wrote:Regarding long ranged blasters - you have to consider the fact that it is merely a toy; and the addition of safety precautions within the states, around the world and within any patents that they file to keep it within the 'toy' category.

Exactly. That's why we are unlikely to see any new blasters that will be a whole lot more powerful than what we have now. Too many young irresponsible players around could potentially cause physical harm to each other, and Hasbro doesn't want law suit and bad reputation. Unless Hasbro is prepared to produce a range for adults, then they would have to restrict the age from 21 and above.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:00 pm

Akimbo Assassin wrote:
    phuonguyen wrote:Regarding long ranged blasters - you have to consider the fact that it is merely a toy; and the addition of safety precautions within the states, around the world and within any patents that they file to keep it within the 'toy' category.

Exactly. That's why we are unlikely to see any new blasters that will be a whole lot more powerful than what we have now. Too many young irresponsible players around could potentially cause physical harm to each other, and Hasbro doesn't want law suit and bad reputation. Unless Hasbro is prepared to produce a range for adults, then they would have to restrict the age from 21 and above.

If there were something like that I doubt it would come out here (for some stupid reason or another).

As long as the guns still sell well they will keep them around. After last years sales on the n-strike range I highly doubt it will be going anywhere for a long long time.
    The one thing, however, I do expect to disappear is the longshot.

As for bullpop design being impossible, not exactly. It could use something similar to the lenard rifle, where the plunger air travels through a tube.
    dandaldaks
    dandaldaks

Post  dandaldaks Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:36 am

I would absoulutly love a Bullpop blaster, but there is a couple of Pros and Cons.

The bullpup design places the gun's action behind the trigger, in front of a short buttstock. This decreases the firearm's length and weight while retaining the same barrel length. Bullpups generally allow for a 25% reduction in weapon length, which allows for better maneuverability in confined spaces.

Making the blaster able to be bullpop means a Massive trigger, 2x the length of the LS trigger, which we all know as pretty damn big, I have to admit this is a project that Hasbro should defintely endevour to complete and if success is there then we all will be looking forward to using steyr AUG's in the near future

AWESOMENESSS!!!!
    Is new colours really that great? AUG_A1_508mm_04

Last edited by dandaldaks on Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lolcatz)
    Cerbyn
    Cerbyn

Post  Cerbyn Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:18 am

I've actually been looking into converting a Nerf blaster to a bullpup system. Hard part's figuring out which gun to use.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:33 am

oh gosh, I didn't realise retardation had spread so quickly on the forums.

N-Strike isn't going anywhere... I don't understand why people are so excited for 'vortex'. As modders we're like the pathetic girl going back to the guy that beats us "I know he didn't mean it, it'll be different next time, I'm sure he wont do it again". The next line will be full of blasters that shoot 30ft. Most likely reverse plungers as well (look at all the new dart tag - reverse plungers)

Nerf's new vortex series will suck by our standards, if you dont like any of the current nerf blasters, you probs wont like the new ones.

There will never be a high power (over 60ft) stock nerf blaster, if there was the Australian Toy safety standards would most likely ban it anyway as we have more stringent standards than the US/EU.

This is not opinion, this is about as close to fact as you can get when talking about something that hasn't happened yet. I've seen this behaviour pattern so many times now its getting to predictable.

Also furthermore, bullpup nerf guns make little sense. In a real gun, the propulsion power is provided in the ammo, in nerf, it needs to be generated BEHIND the ammo, meaning that you need to add room for a plunger behind where the breech goes.... making the stock retardedly long. They make no sense in nerf, I've drawn up plans for one (scratch built btw, dont bother trying to convert an existing blaster) and from the physical layout mockup I put together it offered only minimally better ergonomics than a shotgun gripped LS

enjoy your dose of reality.

Aj

killerbunny
    killerbunny

Post  killerbunny Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:41 am

dandaldaks wrote:I would absoulutly love a Bullpop blaster, but there is a couple of Pros and Cons.

The bullpup design places the gun's action behind the trigger, in front of a short buttstock. This decreases the firearm's length and weight while retaining the same barrel length. Bullpups generally allow for a 25% reduction in weapon length, which allows for better maneuverability in confined spaces.

]

There is no benefit to this at all. Bullpup means a longer barrel for more power but in need a long barrel reduces power.
    dandaldaks
    dandaldaks

Post  dandaldaks Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:08 am

But I already knew the stuff about bullpup and I never wanted to look like an expert but I like telling others information on subjects which I excel in(although I know a fair bit about military in the modern era).
    Btw although the longer barrel decreases range it makes accuracy enhanced by allowing more guidance of the projectile though the longer barrel, which in this case a foam dart.

And In reply please don't flame back, I know what I am talking about because, lets just say I have a little too much time on my hands
    gooni
    gooni

Post  gooni Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:29 am

All I have to add to this thread is. Gooni wants a yellow raider because my painting skills are lower than a snakes belly.

It is normal in the world of marketing to "update" existing product lines, be it new packaging, colour, flavour, what ever. And even to over promote existing products before the launch of a new line.

MMMM yellow.

Gooni.
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:34 am

Yellow raider would be good, then we have a yellow stock for alpha troopers. (the only stock accepting gun worth buying really, apart from riader,maybe).
    TheTrueMcMuffin
    TheTrueMcMuffin

Post  TheTrueMcMuffin Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:48 am

Switchblade wrote:Yellow raider would be good, then we have a yellow stock for alpha troopers. (the only stock accepting gun worth buying really, apart from riader,maybe).
    I was thinking the same thing. But it's an orange stock. Hell, it's better than blue at least.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:10 am

You really want a yellow Raider stock? Just paint it yellow.

Or paint it black, like mine on a stock yellow Alpha Trooper, it looks quite a nice combination.

Is new colours really that great? Img_3910
    dandaldaks
    dandaldaks

Post  dandaldaks Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:40 am

Akimbo,
    You should definetly dry-brush that stock.
    Then it will look SMEXY!!
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:16 am

Yes, yes, yes, we all no nerf will never more release anything good, but at least it will look cool.

Shotgun? spring powered titan missile shooter?

that is the best thing we can hope for, as they can be singled.
    Johnnus
    Johnnus

Post  Johnnus Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:14 am

I like the Gear Up colour scheme of orange w/ black stripes. It means that we get a Raider stock in roughly the right colour
    However, I hope that Nerf doesn't re-shell a Recon, unless it has some special feature(s), or has awesome accessories. Hopefully they re-shell an AT instead.

@Abowden: I don't think Nerf will make a spring powered missile launcher. The plunger would have to be massive and the spring would be ridiculously good. And the Mattel Ultimator would probably be better. And that shotgun idea is nice, although I'm not sure it would work.
    seph
    seph

Post  seph Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:24 pm

Yeah, they do look pretty badass, but its just another thing to waster my money on. I'd probably only get a Maverick.
    Nerf are just changing the look these days.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:54 am