Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

5 posters

Coupling a titan.

Ungodlyfreak
    Ungodlyfreak

Coupling a titan. Empty Coupling a titan.

Post  Ungodlyfreak Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:02 pm

Here's something I came up with when I got my titan a little while ago. It's simple and still allows you to use rockets on the titan. A mate of mine seemed to think it was quite good and that I should post it here, so here goes.

Difficulty level: Easy

Materials:
    2x 20mm couplers.
    1x 30mm to 25mm reducer

Tools:
    Drill
    Rotary tool
    Half round file
    Glue of your choice

Process:

On the front of the titan air tank, there is the threaded attachment point for the rocket tube. You will need to carefully drill/dremel and cut out the air restrictors on the front of this. Cut or file it to a flat face, then attach your coupler using your choice of relatively strong adhesive. Try to align the coupler so that is is facing as straight forward as possible, you should be able to do this fairly well by eye.
    Coupling a titan. Imag0121
    You can use this coupler without the rocket tube screwed on for short, light barrels like shotgun attachments.

Next, drill and dremel out the air restrictors on the front end of the rocket tube. Do not cut the rocket any shorter than it already is, just drill/dremel out the air restrictors. File out the hole untill it is consistently round and smooth. The 30mm/25mm reducer should fit in this quite snugly. If it doesn't fit, file out the hole some more. If it's too loose, add some duct tape. Now file out the inside the the coupler so that when you insert some 20mm pvc, it slides in smoothly. Glue the filed out coupler inside the reducer. Now slide the filed out coupler onto a length of 20mm pvc and screw on the rocket tube. Slide the pvc into the first coupler then slide the reducer/coupler combo into the front end of the rocket tube and glue it in place so that it is level with the end of the rocket tube. The reason of putting the reducer in this way is to make sure the whole thing is kept straight.
    Coupling a titan. Imag0119
    The rocket tube adds strength to the coupler and help supporting very long barrels (like you will need on a titan.

Your coupler setup is now ready. You can use normal rockets, or slide a barrel into the rocket tube for singled fire. Also, you can remove the rocket tube and insert shorter barrels into the first coupler.
    Coupling a titan. Imag0122
    Note: i have taken the air tank out of my titan and am using it as a masterkey which is why you may not recognise it.

This coupler is designed for use with most barrel materials though they must be nested (and glued) in 20mm pvc. You could nest PETG, 16mm pvc or brass in 20mm pvc, all make reasonably good barrels.
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Coupling a titan. Empty Re: Coupling a titan.

Post  redcricket077 Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:06 pm

Nice idea, well done.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:02 pm

25mm electrical conduit fits quite well down the threaded barrel nub of the Titan, which you can then nest your barrel material inside of 20mm conduit. Put a spacer inside the missile post, and you've got an extremely strong modification, with virtually no risk of any of it snapping off.

You can still use missiles, and barrels from 6" upwards. This method also allows for less deadspace from air tank to barrel, and no need for coupler's.

But nonetheless, you've created quite a clean job. Nice work.

Cheers,
    Ungodlyfreak
    Ungodlyfreak

Post  Ungodlyfreak Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:14 pm

clunk07 wrote:25mm electrical conduit fits quite well down the threaded barrel nub of the Titan, which you can then nest your barrel material inside of 20mm conduit. Put a spacer inside the missile post, and you've got an extremely strong modification, with virtually no risk of any of it snapping off.

You can still use missiles, and barrels from 6" upwards. This method also allows for less deadspace from air tank to barrel, and no need for coupler's.

But nonetheless, you've created quite a clean job. Nice work.

Cheers,
    I was going to do this, but as I'm using my titan air tank for a masterkey shotgun, I decided against it as i still want to be able to put on/ take off the rocket tube.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:17 pm

yeh, I worked that out just after I posted my comment... haha

It pays to not be half asleep when reading new posts...

You using a shotgun attachment, or just shotgun loading a singled barrel?

I'd assume you'd be using an attachment seeing as it would be underslung, and minimal length would be a bonus.

Cheers,
    Ungodlyfreak
    Ungodlyfreak

Post  Ungodlyfreak Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:26 pm

clunk07 wrote:You using a shotgun attachment, or just shotgun loading a singled barrel?

I'd assume you'd be using an attachment seeing as it would be underslung, and minimal length would be a bonus
    I'm using an attachment, though i need to make it shorter, it's a little too long atm. It still has rocket capability too for when i want an underslung grenade launcher. xD
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:20 am

Sounds pretty sweet. I like the idea of underslung shotguns, been meaning to work on one, but just haven't had the time.

Nice work.

Cheers,
    ZeusPwns
    ZeusPwns

Post  ZeusPwns Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:55 am

Sorry for the "Newbness" but with those couplers, would you just shove a 20mm Conduit barrel down there to put a dart?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:52 am

Please redirect these questions to the questions thread.

To answer your question, you have to nest a barrel in a 20mm conduit, since 20mm conduit is much too loose for standard stock / blue foam.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:24 am