Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+5
lefty
clunk07
littlebro05
Unknown
monk1junk1
9 posters

Why no Humans Vs. Zombies in QLD?

monk1junk1
    monk1junk1

Why no Humans Vs. Zombies in QLD? Empty Why no Humans Vs. Zombies in QLD?

Post  monk1junk1 Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:01 am

Hey all!
    I am pretty sure this goes in this thread because it relates to Nerf wars, but if it does not belong in here for whatever reason, apologies. I was recently directed to the Humans Vs. Zombies site and i really liked the idea of it. It looks great fun and i would love to have a go, but when i went to look at the map of places where HvZ is usually played, the only places in Aus were down south.

Why is this? I have also searched on here for games of HvZ but the only ones that have come up were in Victoria. If anyone could point me towards an HvZ AUS site, that would be cool, but if none such site exists I really think we should be organizing a few more up here in QLD because they look like they're a really fun way to take a Nerf war, like a really long game of infection on halo :P.

BTW: If ever i organize one at my school, i'll try getting some of you guys involved

-Monk
    Unknown
    Unknown

Why no Humans Vs. Zombies in QLD? Empty Re: Why no Humans Vs. Zombies in QLD?

Post  Unknown Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:06 am

We have some HvZ here in QLD, in fact at the last war I hosted we played a few rounds of it.

The reason we don't play it much is because we tend to enjoy our epeen blasters which are to dangerous for HvZ.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:19 am

We've actually had two days of 'all day' non stop HvZ. What Unknown says it's true. I will add on to that we're using snap cap darts and being shot by them is not fun as they will leave a welt compared to stock darts. Once I make those 2000 silicone tip darts we will only be using AR removed OR stock blasters just for safety.

There maybe an HvZ next month once I get the 2000 sili tips made.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:05 am

Littlebro - haven't you posted a video of a HVZ game on here somewhere?

Could've sworn I've watched one, ages ago...

Cheers,
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:09 am

clunk07 wrote:Littlebro - haven't you posted a video of a HVZ game on here somewhere?

Could've sworn I've watched one, ages ago...

Cheers,

I posted three of them... actually four, except the fourth one is the private one we had.

Private Backyard HvZ

We do this in 'mini-game' form and not an all day one.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:10 am

Yeh, it was the last one that I had seen.

Cheers,
    lefty
    lefty

Post  lefty Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:11 am

I think nearly every war we've attended this year has had a couple rounds of HvZ at least. I think the HvZ site map looks more at uni's and institution games and these can run for days at a time.
    monk1junk1
    monk1junk1

Post  monk1junk1 Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:07 pm

If any one hasn't read it, i thought this was pretty cool. I would love to play a game like this BTW little bro, I think that my new fav gametype is the one played in the fourth video you posted.
    killerbunny
    killerbunny

Post  killerbunny Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:31 pm

People started getting bored of it. There are way better games and people want to use their 4B's and things.
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

Post  phuonguyen Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:37 pm

Sure HvZ is fun, no doubt about it, but when you're being shot in the head/neck/chest several times and you can't shoot back, it gets pretty annoying.

Also, most of the QLD members have modified their blasters to compete with BBBB or Brass Breeched LS, so being hit by one of those blasters isn't fun, especially if you can't shoot them back.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:23 pm

killerbunny wrote:People started getting bored of it. There are way better games and people want to use their 4B's and things.

I think you were getting bored of it. I'm getting alot of PMs about hosting another one of these all days HvZ. HvZ requires much more fitness than just normal skirmishing anyway. We got the new silicone tips so why not, although I'm not too sure when I'll host it.

Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:58 pm

I will be trialing HvZ with on the Fraser Coast once I get enough darts sorted and finalize the details on the site I want to use. As the site I am looking at is of reasonable size and private property I may be running weekend 2 day rounds.
    Side note. Shot myself point blank with a Lite sili tip out of a modded NF this evening, they still leave a decent bruise.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:12 am

littlebro05 wrote:

I think you were getting bored of it. I'm getting alot of PMs about hosting another one of these all days HvZ. HvZ requires much more fitness than just normal skirmishing anyway. We got the new silicone tips so why not, although I'm not too sure when I'll host it.

It really suits younger (9-10) kids which has it's ups and downs, higher turn up but then no one likes shooting little girls.

monk1junk1
    monk1junk1

Post  monk1junk1 Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:12 am

Unknown wrote:
    littlebro05 wrote:

It really suits younger (9-10) kids which has it's ups and downs, higher turn up but then no one likes shooting little girls.

It's kinda the same with the zombie gametype on halo. Millions of kids everywhere love to play it and think it's the best (my sister included), but the only problem is they are all shitty gamers. The good thing is with my sister, if I ever bring her to an HvZ match, i have a feeling she will last a while :). she is a crack shot with the longshot and is good at holding points, which should hopefully improve her tactical position :D.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:19 am

I think you'll fin that most of the time we'll play half half, that way the runners get to run and the epeen guns still get to come out.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:56 pm

What Queensland has seen so far are what the rest of the world calls HvZ minigames. Since here in Australia it's extremely difficult, bordering on impossible to get a US style 7 day 24 hour game going (With ANU's game shut down because of the uni staff idiocy we actually have *none*).

I myself have actually been trying to get a full day (7-7) game together for a while without much luck. Schools, which are the best enviroment for these events stopped supporting when when Queensland parliment presented itself over a table to the ACL and banned all events that 'simulate the killing of another' (IE us, laser skirmish etc etc). After the location comes the easy part, planning the missions, working out the stun timers, the rules, weapons allowed, and actually running the game. Most of us set this up so we can play, but adminning these types of events and actually playing in them aren't mutually exculsive. If you're going to set one of these up, you're more than likely gonna be on the sidelines than in the field.

For these reasons, we're yet to see a game. Believe me, I'm still trying, and the cold of winter is the best time for this, but it's a very hard process, and the chance of success is painfully low. Until me, or another of our number makes a breakthrough in this area, we'll be stuck with mini games.

EDIT: Another good place is The botanical gardens in the CBD. Public place, large open space to work with, not a lot of foot traffic. The only issue is dart useage. These events are BYO darts. Dart hire is not possible because of the dart losses one person incurs at the end of the event, massing up to 50% or worse in lost ammunition.

ADDITIONAL EDIT: Thanh, you know where to find me Together we can get one of these things operational.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:00 am