Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+5
Calico
littlebro05
Luke
KingCam
enSparqe
9 posters

Greetings OzNerfers!

enSparqe
    enSparqe

Greetings OzNerfers! Empty Greetings OzNerfers!

Post  enSparqe Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:54 pm

Hi all!

My name is Jonathan and I'm a university student. This forum seems like a good source of modding information for Australians so I figured I might as well take the plunge!

I had the misfortune to see the recent Catch of The Day sale including the Longstrike/shot for $5, only for me to fail miserably at placing my order before they went out of stock. Bitten by the Nerf bug however, I've already picked up a Whiteout series Maverick REV-6. I'm going back to the store tomorrow to get a Whiteout Deploy while I wait for my (vanilla) Longstrike to arrive from Amazon.

Once my bank balance has recovered a little I'm considering picking up a Vigilon and then an Alpha Trooper.

I've been inspired by many pictures posted here and elsewhere, so the current plan is to mod and paint up the Longstrike & Alpha Trooper once I have them in my grubby paws. So hopefully I will - eventually - have some pictures to share as well.
    KingCam
    KingCam

Greetings OzNerfers! Empty Re: Greetings OzNerfers!

Post  KingCam Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:05 pm

Welcome to OzNerf EnSparqe.

I hope you have a good stay here at OzNerf.
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:06 pm

Greetings EnSparqe.

I hope you enjoy your time here on OzNerf.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:10 pm

The maverick is easily one the easiest blasters to mod and is a great entry level sidearm and primary! You should get a NiteFinder, you can get quite alot of punch for a cheap blaster
    enSparqe
    enSparqe

Post  enSparqe Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:50 pm

Luke wrote:Greetings EnSparqe.

I hope you enjoy your time here on OzNerf.

Thanks!

littlebro05 wrote:The maverick is easily one the easiest blasters to mod and is a great entry level sidearm and primary! You should get a NiteFinder, you can get quite alot of punch for a cheap blaster

My first thought was to paint the Maverick (because I've seen some really inspiring examples presented here and elsewhere on the internet) but I've since come to really like the Whiteout design. Its surface is safe (for now) but I'll be keeping an open mind when it comes to making modifications.

Once I get the Deploy I'll probably crack it open in my spare time and just replace the light to begin with, since I've read that it tends to be a little underpowered. I was thinking along the lines of mimicking a (normally quite expensive) tactical strobe light/torch with the head from a small LED torch and a some simple circuitry.

You've convinced me to try and stretch my budget, I may grab a Whiteout Nite Finder tomorrow when I go back to get the Deploy.
    Calico
    Calico

Post  Calico Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:45 pm

Welcome to the forums En. Im sure you will find no end to modding info her at oznerf.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:16 am

Don't paint the whiteout! They're limited edition stuff. If you're going to paint it, you should get a yellow one =).
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:31 am

littlebro05 wrote:Don't paint the whiteout! They're limited edition stuff. If you're going to paint it, you should get a yellow one =).

Yeh, I was of the same opinion. If you're just going to paint it with your own design/style, you're better off using stock blaster series rather than whiteout/gear-up etc etc

Cheers,
    GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:31 am

I saw the Maverick Whiteout's in the store yesterday and I know I couldn't bring myself to paint one, they look so cool already. If it's any Myer may still be doing regular yellow Mavs for a measly $10.

Oh and welcome of course

xx
    enSparqe
    enSparqe

Post  enSparqe Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:45 am

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.
    clunk07 wrote:
    littlebro05 wrote:Don't paint the whiteout! They're limited edition stuff. If you're going to paint it, you should get a yellow one =).

Yeh, I was of the same opinion. If you're just going to paint it with your own design/style, you're better off using stock blaster series rather than whiteout/gear-up etc etc

Cheers,
    Yeah, I've had a think about it and the Maverick will stay as-is. The stock paint job is really well finished on it, but not so much so on the Deploy I picked up after my last post. I was a little disappointed by the job they did on this Deploy, lots of careless little smudges all over that are really noticeable (to me) and detract from the otherwise nice colour scheme. When the time comes to mod the Deploy I might as well take the time to repaint it.

I still plan on replacing the stock light in the Deploy with a faux tactical strobe and if I'm feeling really ambitious I'll try to insert a low power laser pointer into the integrated sights located in the carry handle - but that might be too tight a squeeze, we'll see.

My Longstrike arrived today, I'm a little underwhelmed by the (lack of) power. I knew not to expect too much of it, but now I know that I'm definately going to mod it. It looks and feels amazing, though!

I haven't grabbed a Nite Finder just yet, but I just got back from Big W where I picked up a Vigilon - it might just be my favourite blaster of them all.

I've already lost one disk somewhere in the house, curved it around a door frame - never to be seen again...
    foam sniper
    foam sniper

Post  foam sniper Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:27 pm

Hi, good to see another nerfer in the area...
    Im in newcastle...
    Keen as to get some war games going...

Hot tip, kmart glendale has a boatload of longshots in stock
    Sadavi5
    Sadavi5

Post  Sadavi5 Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:26 pm

Welcome to the forums, En. You seem as obsessed as the rest of us, so you're bound to have a great lot of fun here. ^_^

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:06 am