Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+5
spectre
littlebro05
RL
-mirsho
joshredder
9 posters

My latest mod/ first mod post on the forum

joshredder
    joshredder

My latest mod/ first mod post on the forum Empty My latest mod/ first mod post on the forum

Post  joshredder Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:35 am

G'day my name is josh, I'm a bakery assistant by day and evil genius when I am home. I love Nerf, but hate it when the ranges are small. I don't usually play in wars due to me being in TAS where wars aren't easy to find. I do NOT own a dremel so if you want to have a go at my rough cuts save it, I use a bent hacksaw a pipe cutter a pair of pliers and two screw drivers and a drill to do my mods, so without further ado here is the creature.

My latest mod/ first mod post on the forum Dscf1410

The creature has a modified bbumb valve and homemade air tank, there is a 15mm coupler in the front so I can use 5 different barrels, one for original missiles, one for my 2 foot rscb with ball valve to eliminate dead space (if you are careful and a bit slower you wont chop darts) it uses a small brass barrel for stock streamlines and the barrel you see has brass in it which I use for my weighted darts and one to fire hand cannon slugs. questions? pm and if this is a crap post please tell me and I'll try to improve

Front on pic just for fun by the way the random balls are glow in the dark beads, And the scope you see is homemade from $1 kids binoculars from Kmart.

And my next project if I get around to it, Is turning a Jam blaster into a bull pup shotgun, That is after I finish modding 3 other guns first lol

My latest mod/ first mod post on the forum Dscf1413

Last edited by oxymoron on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:22 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed picture links)
    -mirsho
    -mirsho

My latest mod/ first mod post on the forum Empty Re: My latest mod/ first mod post on the forum

Post  -mirsho Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:54 am

You really shouldn't go out in public with that. Black paintjobs aren't ever advisable. Looks mean though.

Oh and a ball valve doesn't reduce dead space in an rscb. An rscb will always have deadspace unless you always keep darts in there and don't fire it, hehe. You should try use breeches or speedloaders if you like ranges - there's no such thing as an rscb keeping 100ft every shot. I think someone there's did that on here, and I call BS on whoever said it

And you'd be better off taking your own advice about fixing your own post quality, props to you for acknowledging that.
    joshredder
    joshredder

My latest mod/ first mod post on the forum Empty rscb

Post  joshredder Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:08 am

the ball valve is just behind the t join so the clip does not come into dead space play and as i said i don't normally attend wars but thanks for constructive criticism and how is the post? is it reasonable?
    -mirsho
    -mirsho

My latest mod/ first mod post on the forum Empty Re: My latest mod/ first mod post on the forum

Post  -mirsho Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:09 am

Wow, that must be a really short clip - how many darts can it fit ?

Just remember to capitalise letters and it should be good.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:08 am

Here's my problem with ball valves. The 15mm PVC variants, the hole is just a tad too tight for bullets to drop without friction. You gotta poke a tiny finger or a stick to make sure the last one doesn't get chopped. Any bigger (20mm or 25mm) it becomes too cumbersome and weight and size IMO

The blaster itself looks amazing I must say. Shame it's all black.
    joshredder
    joshredder

My latest mod/ first mod post on the forum Empty replys

Post  joshredder Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:27 am

The rscb clip was 2 ft long but because I couldn't be bothered with it, I have chopped it for parts, it used a 15mm ball valve and due to the size of the clip the darts weight would push one through reasonably well, the only problem I had with it was when I went tilt it back, there was no dart weight to bring the last dart back into the clip, so you had to jiggle it or fire 2 rounds out at once.
    since this experiment, I have learned that bigger is not always better, and also if you just take the clip off (keeping the ball valve, t-join, barrel and elbow join on) you have a rear loading single shot that can be put on to anything with a 15mm coupler.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:41 am

Looks good. It would be cool if you had a step by step process on how to make one. The pictures should be nice and big detailing each step on how to construct the blaster. One picture of the mod isn't going to 'assist' a person who may interested in doing the same modification because this blaster looks very ergo!

If you're planning to just post one picture, we have a 'post your pictures thread' on the top of the General Nerf Section =).

If you're planning to attend wars (seems like the tassie community is getting slowly bigger), I would recommend painting the blaster in a brighter colours. Most of the people here have told you that though, so yeah =).

That's my two cents for your posts. Also, welcome to the forums!
    joshredder
    joshredder

My latest mod/ first mod post on the forum Empty thanks to replys

Post  joshredder Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:23 pm

Thank you all for your replies in future i will post multiple photo's, I'm sorry that I didn't this time, is it possible for me to post up more photo's in this thread? or will I need to create a new thread?
    I'm new.
    joshredder
    joshredder

My latest mod/ first mod post on the forum Empty trying to put up internal pic

Post  joshredder Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Picture of the ugly inside, By the way thats aquarium hosing from Kmart works reasonable and for $4 with a one way valve its pretty sweet, btw hot glue guns are evil, it melts the tubing if you use the gun at the hottest temperature so lesson learnt.

My latest mod/ first mod post on the forum Dscf1411

Last edited by oxymoron on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed picture link)
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:04 pm

Try to keep your posts in one reply rather than double replying. It just makes it's cleaner and makes the forums less cluttered =).

Looks like you've expanded the tank too. Is that what you did?
    joshredder
    joshredder

My latest mod/ first mod post on the forum Empty pvc air tank

Post  joshredder Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:25 pm

Sorry about the double reply, I was trying to work out how to use the forum, I think I'm getting there
    And yes the tank is expanded, the entire PVC apparatus you see is my tank, the sad part is the hosing/tank were completely air tight, But due to hot glue melting my hosing, I had to use the stupid white connector, its not completely air tight, but in order to get my darts to fly straight at 12 pumps, I have to weight them with 3 steel washers and hot glue in the rubber tips, she punches through cardboard boxes like a hot knife through butter
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:36 pm

Haha damn, sounds like a lot of damage! Well I'll be looking forward in seeing some of your future blasters =).
    spectre
    spectre

Post  spectre Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:14 am

joshredder wrote:I do NOT own a dremel so if you want to have a go at my rough cuts save it, i use a bent hacksaw a pipe cutter a pair of pliers and two screw drivers and a drill to do my mods

Bunnings have a cheap Dremel "knock-off" around $40.00 (less on sale), I've had one for years done many a DIY project, PC case OR Nerf mod...

littlebro05 wrote:Well I'll be looking forward in seeing some of your future blasters =).

Yeah whilst trying to dodge those modified darts...
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:16 am

Nice work on your first mod!

Next time you do something like this be sure to take a heap of pics so we can copy it hehe.

You have probably worked it out by now but you can press the Edit button on your posts to go back to them and add more things/fix them up.

Oh and if you do want to use this at a war but don't want to paint it again you can always cover it in brightly coloured E-Tape for the day.
    Calico
    Calico

Post  Calico Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:40 am

I like it, the fact you didn't use any sort of power cutting device is a big well done to you, i last about 2 seconds before i spit it not using a Dremel so well done.Love the bandage!
    joshredder
    joshredder

My latest mod/ first mod post on the forum Empty Tools etc.

Post  joshredder Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:27 am

I have my own dremel now so next mod will hopefully be cleaner, and I was going to put some warning tape on the barrel (the black and yellow kind) except my Mitre 10 had none in stock.
    The bandage was from my first aid course, so I thought it would be fun to put on as a sling.
    ucwepn
    ucwepn

Post  ucwepn Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:47 am

Great modded blaster, and your idea of recycling kmart kids binoculars is genius I would never have thought of that.
    Bommah
    Bommah

Post  Bommah Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:37 am

Wow that's one mean looking beast, kinda makes my first mod look kinda feeble...
    Do you know anyone in launceston called Max?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:17 pm