Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+4
False
ApoKalyptiK x
_D_
GhillieSniper23
8 posters

hey there, can someone give me a rundown on how this organization works please

GhillieSniper23
    GhillieSniper23

hey there, can someone give me a rundown on how this organization works please Empty hey there, can someone give me a rundown on how this organization works please

Post  GhillieSniper23 Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:22 pm

hey guys

my name is Aaron and i am new to this organization but by no means am i new to NERF.

I have a Longstrike, Longshot and nightfinder, i have done the air restrictor mods and was wondering if threes any thing else i can do to get more range and accuracy. I am into making my NERF guns look realistic.
    I am also in the Australian Air Force Cadets so i use real life tactics when i play. I hope to see you on the field, if you are wondering, i will be the one that just shot you in the head and looks like he is geared up for Afghanistan (or in a ghillie suit).

Aaron Clarke
    _D_
    _D_

hey there, can someone give me a rundown on how this organization works please Empty Re: hey there, can someone give me a rundown on how this organization works please

Post  _D_ Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:51 pm

Hi mate. I think you'll find the community here very helpful. I'm reasonable new on here and I know I do. I notice your right into your realism, Just remember not to take it to seriously mate, as it is a "TOY" gun sport, and there's a lot of reasons it should stay just that. I hope you enjoy being a member here. _D_
    ApoKalyptiK x
    ApoKalyptiK x

hey there, can someone give me a rundown on how this organization works please Empty Re: hey there, can someone give me a rundown on how this organization works please

Post  ApoKalyptiK x Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:03 pm

Like D said, it's a community; a place where you can meet other nerfers from around Australia (and the world) and share modding tips and tricks and also organise sales of blasters or other related things.

Welcome to the forums.
    False
    False

Post  False Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:30 pm

Yep this is just a place where nerfers share their knowledge.

Also, if you're planning on attending any wars, I should mention that black, dark and/ or realistic looking blasters are not allowed. However you can simply wrap heaps of bright tape around your blaster for the war. This rule is just in place to keep the public at ease, as there has been numerous cases in which the cops have interrupted a nerf war because an onlooking citizen was worried about a realistic looking blaster.
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:26 am

It's mainly old people, or people who have never seen a real gun in their life. But remember this, someone is bound to complain if you take something realistic looking out in public.
    mavshot
    mavshot

Post  mavshot Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:46 am

Hey welcome if you want better performance and acuracy you will have to upgrade components and mod darts.

But please dont play with realistic guns out in the public.
    GhillieSniper23
    GhillieSniper23

Post  GhillieSniper23 Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:16 am

Thanks for that guys, you just answered a lot of my questions, I thought there would be a rule against realistic looking Nerf guns, i think i will go with the brightly collard tape.

I was also wondering if there was any out of the public eye bush games OR CQB games in south east QLD?

Thanks
    lech
    lech

Post  lech Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:28 am

littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:15 am

Firstly. We don't encourage headshots as some of our blasters do hurt.

Realistic painted blasters are banned like False said just because of incidents that have happened across Australia. NSW for example even though they were playing in a public park, policemen came and gave them a warning and confiscated the realistic looking blaster. If you bring one to one of our wars, I'll simple tell you to put it away. As this may risk an area we use alot to become banned to us.

You'll probably want to at least remove the ARs from your blasters if you want the darts to work good. Brisbane wars that I host works with a dart hire system. This is where you pay $10 and you can get unlimited access to darts, but you return them at the end of the day. We organise this simply because if say 30 people come to a war. Imagine splitting those darts up evenly between everyone. It wouldn't be practical.

Upcoming war - http://www.oznerf.com/t4154-central-brisbane-queensland-kelvin-grove-mccaskie-park-speed-foam-warfare-22nd-of-january-2012-sunday

You'll probably find that your 'tactics' wont' work at a Nerf War simply because it's hard to get everyone to cooperate with your plans. The war I just posted is a "CQB" war where we use less overpowered blasters as it is an entry to intermediate level game.

We don't do bush wars simple because you'll lose too many darts. We have woodland wars where parks have natural tree cover, but the trees aren't too dense.

If you're looking into modding - http://www.oznerf.com/t3533-the-oz-nerf-modification-directory-revamped

Like _D_ says, we don't take our games seriously as it is a toy gun hobby, we still have our rules and there but it's just a casual game. Just like going to a game of paintball where you're just shooting each other casually.
    GhillieSniper23
    GhillieSniper23

Post  GhillieSniper23 Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:35 pm

littlebro05 wrote:Firstly. We don't encourage headshots as some of our blasters do hurt.

Realistic painted blasters are banned like False said just because of incidents that have happened across Australia. NSW for example even though they were playing in a public park, policemen came and gave them a warning and confiscated the realistic looking blaster. If you bring one to one of our wars, I'll simple tell you to put it away. As this may risk an area we use alot to become banned to us.

You'll probably want to at least remove the ARs from your blasters if you want the darts to work good. Brisbane wars that I host works with a dart hire system. This is where you pay $10 and you can get unlimited access to darts, but you return them at the end of the day. We organise this simply because if say 30 people come to a war. Imagine splitting those darts up evenly between everyone. It wouldn't be practical.

Upcoming war - http://www.oznerf.com/t4154-central-brisbane-queensland-kelvin-grove-mccaskie-park-speed-foam-warfare-22nd-of-january-2012-sunday

You'll probably find that your 'tactics' wont' work at a Nerf War simply because it's hard to get everyone to cooperate with your plans. The war I just posted is a "CQB" war where we use less overpowered blasters as it is an entry to intermediate level game.

We don't do bush wars simple because you'll lose too many darts. We have woodland wars where parks have natural tree cover, but the trees aren't too dense.

If you're looking into modding - http://www.oznerf.com/t3533-the-oz-nerf-modification-directory-revamped

Like _D_ says, we don't take our games seriously as it is a toy gun hobby, we still have our rules and there but it's just a casual game. Just like going to a game of paintball where you're just shooting each other casually.

thanks but i don't think you quite get what i mean by serious, take your avatar, that's about as serious as i get. as to realistic blasters, i am aware of the imitation firearms act and was never planning on taking my realistic looking blasters to any games (because i want to keep them). as to head shots, i am aware of the rules in Nerf skirmishes, i didn't mean that literally (but as i am new to the forums i can see why you would assume that). as per my initial comment i have already removed the AR's, i was asking for suggestions on mods to further the range and accuracy, i have already visited the modifications page i was just wondering if any one knew which ones were better. when i say tactics i understand that it is hard to get the other people to follow your plan (trust me i know i play paintball) but there are tactics called signal man fire team tactics most of witch i have learnt at the Australian Air Force Cadets, i am also hopeing to get some mates to sign up as well, and i am sure they will be more than happy to hear my plans. as to bush games, that's fair enough.

my apology's littlebro05 if this post is intimidating its just that i felt intimidated by your post and felt i needed to clear up some things (reading your other posts on outer pages i can see that that's just how you say things (straight to the point), and i know that you didn't mean to sound intimidating. i have watched some of your youtube vids and you seem like a grate guy and i cant wait to meet you on the field
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:30 pm

If you've played paintball this field set up or objective is to be like speedball. Thus, I gayly called it speed foam warfare (SFW). If you want to push for more range. I'd look at the air powered blasters (they are banned at SFW games). Well, I can't really give you the 'best' mod since I don't know what type of player style you are (rusher, sharp shooter or suppressor). So if you want to get inspired you'll meet like minded people, the best is to come view our mods

You do sound like you're good with the tactics stuff, I wish you to meet inf0rm3r and inf0rm3r's best mate. They are one of the best two man teams in the game.

I haven't played paintball before since Nerf is pretty much the same thing (hurts less in some cases <,<), but you get the satisfaction of modifying a toy blaster to shoot higher than paintball velocities. It also offers more variety of play depending on the situation.

hey there, can someone give me a rundown on how this organization works please 406677_10150373248538239_545678238_7336369_1181624229_n

Here's a wound from a more powerful wars what we call Woodland Foam Warfare (WFW), a rip off of woodsball. Except we don't play in the bush, but a park with a good amount of trees. So we use the trees as natural cover rather than building normal cover.

Haha, the headshot thing, I wasn't sure if you were joking so I had to hop on to it <,<. It's also hard to get people to follow your plan if you're playing with a bunch of 12YOs who don't listen haha. (No offense to the younger ones).

Also I haven't worn that tactical vest for years now. It looks like I'll be wearing at SFW for my 6 clips lol.
    GhillieSniper23
    GhillieSniper23

Post  GhillieSniper23 Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:18 pm

haha thanks you Just answered all my questions, and i saw the woodland foam warfare vid and that shot looked painful.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:24 am