Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+2
littlebro05
rjbprime
6 posters

Yo OzNerf

rjbprime
    rjbprime

Yo OzNerf Empty Yo OzNerf

Post  rjbprime Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:05 pm

Hi all,

Just an irregular Dan, who has a growing interest in Nerf, and all its goodness. By irregular, I mean I'm a graduating Digital Media student at the local university. I'm based on the North Gold Coast, QLD, and I have a group of friends looking to start a Nerf war.

At the moment, we just play CTF in one of our group's two story unit, 3v3, at night. Myself, I'm looking to get a relatively decent Gold Coast group going, so we can have a couple of day games. The group of us are just starting to get into modding, but we have an semi-sizeable area (courtesy of another member of our group) to get a group together, for day games, weather permitting.

At the moment I have an unmodded Longshot, and a AR-removed Recon. The rest of the group have an assortment of other various ones, mostly Nerf, some other brands.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Yo OzNerf Empty Re: Yo OzNerf

Post  littlebro05 Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:17 pm

Welcome to the group. Just be prepared as we are planning to hosting a big comeback war after my absense. I'm the one who hosts some of the wars around Brisbane. Enjoy your stay =).
    rjbprime
    rjbprime

Post  rjbprime Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:28 pm

Should mention I have limited transport at the moment, as I'm legally not allowed to get a drivers license. Although, if the mate of mine doesn't object (not the unit house owning one, another), we can have a small war on his property. He has a fairly open property in Warongary, he just needs to mow :P. As I realise the implications of everyone coming with their customs, and from a lot of the images I've seen, a lot of realist looking ones, we can't have a Nerfing out at a public park near my place, which would be ideal (for me).

Is anyone organising a Nerfing on the Gold Coast? Might get one together, in about 5 weeks, just got to time it with the others.
    Acerised
    Acerised

Post  Acerised Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:02 pm

Hey Mate! Welcome to OZnerf Forums!

Look forward to meeting you at some upcoming Nerf Wars in the Holiday!
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:15 pm

rjbprime wrote:Should mention I have limited transport at the moment, as I'm legally not allowed to get a drivers license. Although, if the mate of mine doesn't object (not the unit house owning one, another), we can have a small war on his property. He has a fairly open property in Warongary, he just needs to mow :P. As I realise the implications of everyone coming with their customs, and from a lot of the images I've seen, a lot of realist looking ones, we can't have a Nerfing out at a public park near my place, which would be ideal (for me).

Is anyone organising a Nerfing on the Gold Coast? Might get one together, in about 5 weeks, just got to time it with the others.

As long as your blaster's aren't painted dark colours, you shouldn't have too many issues with warring in local parks. Just remember to clean up after yourselves, be respectful, wear eye protection etc, and you should be fine.

Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Cheers,
    rjbprime
    rjbprime

Post  rjbprime Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:52 pm

@All: Cheers, and thanks for the welcome.
    @Clunk: At the moment, I'm not painting mine, but a couple of our group wants to. I have mentioned to them, several times, no gun colours, but I don't think they'll listen. If I paint mine, my LShot and Recon will be white with either black or orange tiger stripes, not sure yet. But I gotta mod the LShot first, got the parts, but not the steady hands.

Edit: on a side note, what would be some good paints to use?
    Rooksy
    Rooksy

Post  Rooksy Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:41 am

rjbprime wrote:@All: Cheers, and thanks for the welcome.
    @Clunk: At the moment, I'm not painting mine, but a couple of our group wants to. I have mentioned to them, several times, no gun colours, but I don't think they'll listen. If I paint mine, my LShot and Recon will be white with either black or orange tiger stripes, not sure yet. But I gotta mod the LShot first, got the parts, but not the steady hands.

Edit: on a side note, what would be some good paints to use?

Hey Welcome to OzNerf As for the paint, Clunk is a GREAT painter and has inspired myself to paint my blasters.
    Check out this thread, It is very helpful when trying to find what paint you would like to use
    http://www.oznerf.com/t2810-paint-brands-on-nerf-guns?highlight=paint+brands
    LostBoy
    LostBoy

Post  LostBoy Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:02 am

Welcome!
    rjbprime
    rjbprime

Post  rjbprime Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:01 am

On a side note, in regards to the paint: What would you think of me painting my Recon and Longshot gear in a white tiger pattern? As in a white base, with Black streaks running from the top to end near the bottom? I would be making a spray stencil for the stripes, and after painting the blasters white, apply the stencils to them to spray the stripes black. I personally wont be painting them, I haven't got the aptitude to do that, but I have family members who would do it. They recently rebuilt and resprayed a motorbike, so I know they can do finesse. I juts have to help with sanding and such.

Thoughts on the pattern and stencilling ideas?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:13 am

rjbprime wrote:On a side note, in regards to the paint: What would you think of me painting my Recon and Longshot gear in a white tiger pattern? As in a white base, with Black streaks running from the top to end near the bottom? I would be making a spray stencil for the stripes, and after painting the blasters white, apply the stencils to them to spray the stripes black. I personally wont be painting them, I haven't got the aptitude to do that, but I have family members who would do it. They recently rebuilt and resprayed a motorbike, so I know they can do finesse. I juts have to help with sanding and such.

Thoughts on the pattern and stencilling ideas?

I've seen some decent tiger-stripe patterns, done in red/black, orange/black and white/black. If you scroll through my custom paint thread: http://www.oznerf.com/t3270-cwc-custom-paint-jobs#56778
    then you'll see an AT that I attempted when I first began painting shells. Stencils are a bit of a pain to use for stripes, as I discovered. I painted the shell in a black base coat, and cut out the stripes from strips of 3M blue painter's tape. Stuck them on the shell, then sprayed a few coats of orange over the top. Wait for it all to dry, remove the tape, wipe off any adhesive gum, if any, and give it a couple coats of clear. Something to think about anyway.

Cheers,
    rjbprime
    rjbprime

Post  rjbprime Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:35 am

@Clunk: The paint job I'm thinking is similar to this video:

But its going to be on my Recon and Longshot.
    I've been reading the Paint Brands thread started by you, Clunk, and I'm looking to just get paint from the local Bunnings if possible. Would you recommend the White Knight brand? As my family members who I'm asking to spray the blasters pretty much use WK for their spraying needs.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:42 am

White Knights is okay, I've used a few of their colours on a few commissions. Unfortunately, I've not used their primer, so I can't really comment on that. Seriously, get your hands on some Export brand paint. Half the price of WK, and does a better job imho. That's the main paint I've used for the last 9 months or so, and I've had no issues with it. It's also the only primer that I've used during that time.

Cheers,

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 pm