Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+9
monk1junk1
agentjonnyb
Jeo
ZeusPwns
FrostCheif
littlebro05
AbyssHD
Rooksy
Greydon
13 posters

Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod

Greydon
    Greydon

Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod Empty Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod

Post  Greydon Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:57 am

Hey guys this is my first mod writeup. This IS what the write up is about.

PHASE ONE: AR REMOVAL!
    Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod B4GvM

The Nerf Elite Retaliator. Here is another Blaster Pic.

Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod Ywhkb

The Accessories
    Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod Ibq7X

The Clip of 12 Awesome points!
    Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod Gms5k

The Internals
    Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod WPCK9

First, off this is a direct plunger system meaning that white piece you see, is the plunger tube. The orange piece sticking out of it is the Plunger rod. Look at the pic you will see that the breech is also located within the plunger. Kind of weird at first. Those two white pieces at the bottom are the locks.

This write up is just the simple AR removal, and locks. This is just like the recon but smaller breech and a different set up. Going from reverse plunger to direct is a little weird. The Spring not seen in the picture rests on the orange PR. IT is weak, but we will get to that. First you need to remove the PT and breech set up. It is easy it slides out.

First we are going to look at that pesky AR/peg. There it is see it? Sorry for the pic. I couldn't get it at the right spot.

Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod UCcAb

"How do I remove it?" Asks the kid in the back row.

"Simple", I say. "However you need to know that thing moves the length of the breech shaft and there is no way to grab it unless you have a longer set of needle nose. So what I did, is that I took a screwdriver and hammer and removed the peg by nailing it. (A laugh chuckles from the class. Mr. Greydon looks sternly at them.) Once you do that you will notice that the three prong AR piece is still there. I didn't have long enough needle nose pliers to get them out so I kept it in there. But look at it it creates a small hole.

Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod WyLAj

That could be used for a better air flow. I kept it in there, because of my situation with the needle nose pliers. But class that is the simple AR Removal. I will get better Needle nose pliers and get that thing out of there. But here is the first write up of an Elite blaster. Hope you like. No! I didn't do a range test it is too hot here to try one. So don't ask.

PHASE 1.5: COMPARISONS!

Ok here are some more pictures that everyone asked me for. First of all a picture of a Recon and the Retaliator internal together.
    Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod EwlHI

You can see the differences.

Now it is time for the breeches and boltsleds. The Boltsleds are the same, but the breeches are different. Top is the Retaliator and the Bottom is the Recon.
    Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod TzgaY

Small = better here. Usually we hear bigger is better.

I was asked if it was like the nitefinder. Well here are two pictures the top one is the Nitefinder and the bottom is the Retaliator. These are the plunger tubes.
    Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod FRGkn

The Retaliator is a little shorter. Seems to be a decent seal. too. In order to get the Plunger rod out, you have to boil it or cut it at the orange piece at the end.

Next up is the NF and Retaliator Plunger rods. The retaliator is a bit shorter length wise, but they are about the same size for the rest of the rod. I didn't do a caliper measurement because I don't have one. I did use a ruler though and they are the same.
    Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod KidWE

Next up is the Catch mech. The white one is the Retaliator and the orange one is the recon. I did two pictures. The first one is the side by side, and the next one is the laying over shot. You can see the differences better.
    Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod QhU3G
    Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod IDdIt

Next Up is the Spring. The right is the stock retaliator, and the left is a stock NF spring.
    Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod RQela

RANGE TEST WITH STOCK INTERNAL MINUS AR COMING SOON. GOING TO TEST ALL THE STREAMLINES.

PHASE 2: SPRING REPLACEMENT! COMING SOON!

Last edited by Greydon on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:26 am; edited 2 times in total
    Rooksy
    Rooksy

Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod Empty Re: Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod

Post  Rooksy Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:21 am

Hey! This looks great, Could you please resize your pictures for us Otherwise, Thanks for this! This will be very helpful to us in the future!

Thanks,
    Rooks
    AbyssHD
    AbyssHD

Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod Empty Reply.

Post  AbyssHD Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:33 am

Yes re-size the pictures please.. then we can see the full potential of this awesome blaster ^_^

Amazed that you got one on your hands already..

Well looking forward to the re-sizing of pictures,

Cheers
    Greydon
    Greydon

Post  Greydon Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:39 am

Sorry for the pics. The other sites I posted this on were right. Sorry again.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:48 am

Omfg a 12 dart clip! I want! Also could you update your avatar please. It just makes it easier to differentiate each member on this forum. Thanks man =).

Awaiting to see a brass breech out of this or something haha.
    FrostCheif
    FrostCheif

Post  FrostCheif Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:45 pm

And, if possible, Could you do some up close internals photo's? of both the parts, and differences in the shell structure?
    My clear recon plunger tube just burst, and i would like to place the Elite internals as a replacement.
    Thanks!

Greydon
    Greydon

Post  Greydon Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:01 pm

FrostCheif wrote:And, if possible, Could you do some up close internals photo's? of both the parts, and differences in the shell structure?
    My clear recon plunger tube just burst, and i would like to place the Elite internals as a replacement.
    Thanks!

Sure will do. Been asked for pictures how they are similar and different and the PT in the retaliator as compared to the Nitefinder.
    FrostCheif
    FrostCheif

Post  FrostCheif Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:11 pm

Thanks. NOW GET SNAPPING! >:)
    ZeusPwns
    ZeusPwns

Post  ZeusPwns Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:27 pm

Wahhhhh a RETALIATOR!?!?!? Gimme!!
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:13 am

They've appeared on shelves in the states already
    agentjonnyb
    agentjonnyb

Post  agentjonnyb Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:23 am

Can't wait to get one of these bad boys! Thanks for the pics! The boltsled and trigger catch look the same as those in the recon, can you confirm?
    monk1junk1
    monk1junk1

Post  monk1junk1 Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:33 am

Pumped for a firestrike, that is if they differ from a nitefinder in any way. Maybe our friends in the USA can shed some light?
    agentjonnyb
    agentjonnyb

Post  agentjonnyb Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:36 am

monk1junk1 wrote:Pumped for a firestrike, that is if they differ from a nitefinder in any way. Maybe our friends in the USA can shed some light?

When stuff starts showing up in my area (NY) I'll let you guys know, but I am on a very small budget, so for now I may only be able to pick up a Retaliator and experiment with it.
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:15 am

monk1junk1 wrote:Pumped for a firestrike, that is if they differ from a nitefinder in any way. Maybe our friends in the USA can shed some light?

There's been nothing on them yet except appearing on the box art of other blasters. Expect 6-12 months after the first three get released.
    Greydon
    Greydon

Post  Greydon Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:04 am

UPDATE!

Ok here are some more pictures that everyone asked me for. First of all a picture of a Recon and the Retaliator internal together.
    Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod EwlHI

You can see the differences.

Now it is time for the breeches and boltsleds. The Boltsleds are the same, but the breeches are different. Top is the Retaliator and the Bottom is the Recon.
    Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod TzgaY

Small = better here. Usually we hear bigger is better.

I was asked if it was like the nitefinder. Well here are two pictures the top one is the Nitefinder and the bottom is the Retaliator. These are the plunger tubes.
    Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod FRGkn

The Retaliator is a little shorter. Seems to be a decent seal. too. In order to get the Plunger rod out, you have to boil it or cut it at the orange piece at the end.

Next up is the NF and Retaliator Plunger rods. The retaliator is a bit shorter length wise, but they are about the same size for the rest of the rod. I didn't do a caliper measurement because I don't have one. I did use a ruler though and they are the same.
    Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod KidWE

Next up is the Catch mech. The white one is the Retaliator and the orange one is the recon. I did two pictures. The first one is the side by side, and the next one is the laying over shot. You can see the differences better.
    Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod QhU3G
    Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod IDdIt

Next Up is the Spring. The right is the stock retaliator, and the left is a stock NF spring.
    Nerf Elite: Retaliator Mod RQela

RANGE TEST WITH STOCK INTERNAL MINUS AR COMING SOON. GOING TO TEST ALL THE STREAMLINES.
    LostBoy
    LostBoy

Post  LostBoy Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:54 am

Dat clip.
    agentjonnyb
    agentjonnyb

Post  agentjonnyb Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:16 am

Greydon wrote:UPDATE!
    The Boltsleds are the same

YES!! Now I am REALLY pumped to grab one as soon as they show up here, I'll slap either an OMW stage 2 or massacre sled, and 5k+ or 6k+ spring in after AR removal and see what kinda velocity and range we get...

I am also curious, would you like to give a shot at assembling the Retaliator parts in a Recon shell to find any differences on the internal shell structure? I'm curious to see if I could adapt my Sonic Recon shell to take Eliteness...
    Greydon
    Greydon

Post  Greydon Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:27 am

agentjonnyb wrote:
    Greydon wrote:UPDATE!
    The Boltsleds are the same

YES!! Now I am REALLY pumped to grab one as soon as they show up here, I'll slap either an OMW stage 2 or massacre sled, and 5k+ or 6k+ spring in after AR removal and see what kinda velocity and range we get...

I am also curious, would you like to give a shot at assembling the Retaliator parts in a Recon shell to find any differences on the internal shell structure? I'm curious to see if I could adapt my Sonic Recon shell to take Eliteness...

Will do that second part tomorrow. However...you will have to add the steel plate in the back of the retaliator Stock attachment piece. To help with that idea.

I am thinking about doing the same. The boltsled I will change out. I will try the OMW NF Spring, and maybe a 6kg spring.

The only issue I see with a Spring replacement is that the plunger tube or the head would break. The plunger head has no screw in it so if it breaks you will be screwed unless you find other means to make one. Also, I would be hard strapped to try that. I have thought about the 5kg or 6kg springs myself, but due tot the price tag of this blaster I will try it in regards to breakage.
    agentjonnyb
    agentjonnyb

Post  agentjonnyb Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:15 am

Greydon wrote:

Will do that second part tomorrow. However...you will have to add the steel plate in the back of the retaliator Stock attachment piece. To help with that idea.

I am thinking about doing the same. The boltsled I will change out. I will try the OMW NF Spring, and maybe a 6kg spring.

The only issue I see with a Spring replacement is that the plunger tube or the head would break. The plunger head has no screw in it so if it breaks you will be screwed unless you find other means to make one. Also, I would be hard strapped to try that. I have thought about the 5kg or 6kg springs myself, but due tot the price tag of this blaster I will try it in regards to breakage.

Ya, that's right, the 5k is probably the only safe one to go with (the 5k nitefinder 2x spring that is). I'll probably just leave it at that, especially if the parts can actaully all go into the Recon shell - one of mine is modded with a bolt handle fastened to the slider, which only works well with the 5k spring.
    Greydon
    Greydon

Post  Greydon Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:27 am

agentjonnyb wrote:
    Greydon wrote:

Ya, that's right, the 5k is probably the only safe one to go with (the 5k nitefinder 2x spring that is). I'll probably just leave it at that, especially if the parts can actaully all go into the Recon shell - one of mine is modded with a bolt handle fastened to the slider, which only works well with the 5k spring.

Seems as if this blaster is actually only needing a few simple mods to really work well. Unlike most Recons!
    ShadowSniper
    ShadowSniper

Post  ShadowSniper Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:19 pm

Where did you get the Retaliator?
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:17 pm

Jeo wrote:They've appeared on shelves in the states already
    agentjonnyb
    agentjonnyb

Post  agentjonnyb Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:32 am

Greydon wrote:
    Will do that second part tomorrow. However...you will have to add the steel plate in the back of the retaliator Stock attachment piece.

You meant the idea of trying to place the Elite parts into a regular Recon shell, right? Just wanted to make sure that's what you meant. Hope it works well! Would love to be able to turn my Sonic Recon into an Elite-Massacre hybrid!

Also, any way we could view the pics bigger? Maybe externally?
    RetfirDMX
    RetfirDMX

Post  RetfirDMX Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:31 am

what about an OMW aluminum boltsled in the elite so you can pump a crazy spring power in it?
    MRGenie
    MRGenie

Post  MRGenie Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:19 pm

RetfirDMX wrote:what about an OMW aluminum boltsled in the elite so you can pump a crazy spring power in it?
    Wouldnt mind seeing that in action! especially with a clear shell!

Thanks,

MRGenie

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:00 am