Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

4 posters

Brass Breach EAT

oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Brass Breach EAT Empty Brass Breach EAT

Post  oznerfnerd Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:30 am

Hi All,

Here's another sneak peak of a new product.

I'm on a bit of a roll at the moment, as a bit of spare time has become available.

This:

is fully operational and works superbly.

It's an easier mod than the brass breach Stampede, and punches hard, clean and straight shots.

It'll be available by the end of the month when I've got all the bits in, and should be popular.

Hope you like it.

Cheers,
    lech
    lech

Brass Breach EAT Empty Re: Brass Breach EAT

Post  lech Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:29 am

I like it, would it be possible to build this to fire full length darts ? (I have limited knowledge of clip blasters aside from the LS)
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:24 am

lech wrote:I like it, would it be possible to build this to fire full length darts ? (I have limited knowledge of clip blasters aside from the LS)

I'll have to put an explanation on the listing as I'm getting asked about that heaps.

Short answer, no.

Long answer...

Full length brass breaches like the Longshot are much much more difficult to build, and notorious for chewing darts and jamming.

I can build one for my myself yes, but to supply a kit like this that gives you a sealed brass breach by only cutting to tubes to length (no curves or half pipe), no it has to be 30-40mm stefans.

This design is simple, rugged and reliable. It is brutal to use. It feeds and fires all sorts of darts (which are cut to the right length) reliably and still has slamfire.

I have designed it around standard elite darts cut to length, which I've been told by a couple of members are allowed in their wars (standard tip).

I can't stand fkng about with darts, I do breaches/springs/electrics, but I've come to realize this is the only way to get this kind of reliability and performance.

I only make and sell things that fit and work.

I cut the foam body of the standard elite dart in half (the body only, not including the tip), and then glue an informer tip in the cut off dart. Then I have 2 good darts, albeit the one with the standard tip may be the only one allowed in the wars.

IF a real war organizer comes to me and IF I feel he's genuine, I may either send him one of these on loan or (depending where it is) come with a few for them to use on the day to review.

I'm sure there may be better things out there, but this thing is looking like it will set the bar reasonably high.

I'll be careful not to talk it up too much for now, but will post more video when my (often late/slow) suppliers come through.

Cheers,

stoph
    stoph

Post  stoph Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:31 am

Very exciting! Thanks for sharing, mate!

I have been working on my own ATE BB (all cut, just needs assembly). It's good to see that this A) works well, and B) doesn't make my design defunct, as it's different enough to still warrant it's creation. Very keen to see how this kit performs up against my own.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:31 pm

stoph wrote:Very exciting! Thanks for sharing, mate!

I have been working on my own ATE BB (all cut, just needs assembly). It's good to see that this A) works well, and B) doesn't make my design defunct, as it's different enough to still warrant it's creation. Very keen to see how this kit performs up against my own.

Just put a couple of final tweaks on this today, and shot a reasonably amazing distance (which I won't say now but will show on video).

Springs are on their way and kit will be available by end of the month.

This would have to be the most solid blaster I've ever fired (and I have a few).

It's a bit hard to cock for my younger son, but a teenager will have no problem.
    stoph
    stoph

Post  stoph Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:24 am

Nice! After looking at the video closely, I'm assuming that the bolt length itself has remained the same, but the pusher that's been nested inside of it has added almost an inch to accommodate short darts. If the 3D printed tip of the pusher doesn't already extend through the entire length of the bolt (to reduce deadspace), I'd be keen to see if doing so would increase ranges even more. Just a thought!
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:49 am

stoph wrote:Nice! After looking at the video closely, I'm assuming that the bolt length itself has remained the same, but the pusher that's been nested inside of it has added almost an inch to accommodate short darts. If the 3D printed tip of the pusher doesn't already extend through the entire length of the bolt (to reduce deadspace), I'd be keen to see if doing so would increase ranges even more. Just a thought!

I've never been a huge believer in the concept of deadspace, I mean in the minute difference that little tip would make anyway.

I'm more into the concept of the larger volume of air in the plunger/bolt compressing suddenly on firing, then being funneled through the smaller tip giving a greater volume and "springy" (properties of compressed air, for want of a better word) force behind the dart in the barrel.

Of course that comment alone could then cause a great big conversation/debate that I don't have time to get into, but the ranges I'm getting from this thing suggest it's working whatever the reason.

The pusher is nested in the bolt, not to accommodate stefans (I'd rather standards) but for ease of installation and strength, as well as seating the dart well into the barrel.

While this is still more of a modding product than say an OMW straight drop in replacement parts kit, and still requires a fair degree of parts and equipment, the idea of this kit is for it to be MUCH EASIER to make a brass breach that seals perfectly. It aligns everything, you just have to cut 2 tubes and glue them in.

Another factor was that it had to be tough. You can smash clips in, jam it whatever. It hasn't got all the sensitive parts like a LS brass breach.

I will post a full install video and range testing soon enough, which will be better than trying to discuss it theoretically.

oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:10 am

Reviving an old thread here, but I'm assuming that'll be OK due to it being relevant content (please correct me if I'm wrong).

I had trouble with getting consistent shots out of my brass breech EAT, with some shots hitting out of the park and others falling out of the end of the barrel.

I over thought it and went into my plunger seal, o rings, pusher depth, tightening rings, etc.

Then I went back to darts and sourced thicker foam that was a snug fit in 9/16" brass and the results were much better.

I had hoped to make it compatible with cut down stock darts, but that's just not possible for a number of reasons.

This is not my official range testing, just a trial while away camping.

I made the mistake of using my darts heavily before the testing video, as my kids wanted to play with the blasters shooting targets, each other, etc.

With new darts they were all dropping very close to each other in the 110-130' range, with the longest shot being 147' (angled).

Flat shots came in at 80-100'.

I'm not really into dart smithing, but I'm fairly confidant that with the right load 150' should be possible (angled).

Loading and cocking action is sweet.

This model can have issues with latching, and I had a little bit of that in the start but it stopped doing it and works fine. I'd guess that you'd need to be careful not to get any grease, etc on the catch plate.

Not long to release now, but of course my printer has decided to play up this week. No big drama, nothing a service/clean/calibration won't fix.

Anyway...here it is.

EMEUTIER
    EMEUTIER

Post  EMEUTIER Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:52 pm

Nice work dude.

I gotta ask though what is that grey/orange stock extension thing I see on your EAT in the videos, and where did you get it from?
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:00 pm

EMEUTIER wrote:Nice work dude.

I gotta ask though what is that grey/orange stock extension thing I see on your EAT in the videos, and where did you get it from?

Cheers,

It's a 3D printed extension we sell in our store.

Check the link in my signature.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:42 pm