Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

4 posters

Write-Up: Maverick Slideback Cocking Mech - Replacement

littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Write-Up: Maverick Slideback Cocking Mech - Replacement Empty Write-Up: Maverick Slideback Cocking Mech - Replacement

Post  littlebro05 Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:03 am

Ok, there have been a lot of Maverick Slideback Cock Mech replacements mods by replacing the metal stick with a better one by drilling the slide and reinforcing so it won't break off the second time... but that as you know all know takes way too much effort to fix... so I thought of an easier solution, something that will take about 15minutes-1hr (depending on working speed), and it feels just as comfortable to prime the gun as it use to be... in my opinion... but here we go....

Materials:
    - Long Nail (thin enough to slide through where the gap is to prime the gun
    - Scotch tape (or E-Tape)
    - Sowing thread

Yes, that is all you need.

Procedure

Step 1 – On the side where you would usually tap the nail into wood, put tape around that area as evenly as possible. (Left – not taped, Right – Taped)

Write-Up: Maverick Slideback Cocking Mech - Replacement IMG_1938

Step 2 – Take the suspension spring that would usually flick the slide back after priming the gun and layer up you thread until it is thick, but not too thick.

Write-Up: Maverick Slideback Cocking Mech - Replacement IMG_1939

Step 3 – Slide the nail from the bottom side where the internals are and place the spring where it use to be. Being sure the thread doesn’t slip out. Then double knot the thread tightly to the nail as shown in the diagram… After tying it, cut off excess string leaving about 8mm worth of string. Do it very tightly because my thread because after a while the thread might loosen. And put A LOT on each side because my nail just slipped, but you get the idea.

Write-Up: Maverick Slideback Cocking Mech - Replacement IMG_1942

Step 4 – Place the other shell on top of the gun and screw in the screws and put some silicone grease (or I used Bike Grease) which should help the mag spin better.

Write-Up: Maverick Slideback Cocking Mech - Replacement IMG_1943

Step 5 – Make SURE that the nail does not slip out, tape the pointy bit of the nail nice and round so it is comfortable when priming the gun… making sure you cover the sharp bit of obviously… there, you have a fully working Maverick…

Write-Up: Maverick Slideback Cocking Mech - Replacement IMG_1947
    Write-Up: Maverick Slideback Cocking Mech - Replacement IMG_1948

Just a Quick Video Below...

jhoNNerf
    jhoNNerf

Write-Up: Maverick Slideback Cocking Mech - Replacement Empty Re: Write-Up: Maverick Slideback Cocking Mech - Replacement

Post  jhoNNerf Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:31 am

thanks that made my day, I just broke the cocking pin for my maverick.
    Roger Explosion
    Roger Explosion
    Administrator
    Administrator

Write-Up: Maverick Slideback Cocking Mech - Replacement Empty Re: Write-Up: Maverick Slideback Cocking Mech - Replacement

Post  Roger Explosion Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:38 am

Thats very simmilar to what I did to my strikefire, but much cheaper.

Write-Up: Maverick Slideback Cocking Mech - Replacement IMGP1574
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:14 am

5/32 threader rod and some lock nuts can achieve the same thing, but keep the original slide. you need to drill 2 holes, thats it, so it's less work. costs $4 for materials. But still, you thought outside the box a little so cool beans

Aj
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:52 am

jhoNNerf wrote:thanks that made my day, I just broke the cocking pin for my maverick.

Haha cool :).

Roger Explosion wrote:Thats very simmilar to what I did to my strikefire, but much cheaper.

I dunno, mine was probably as cost effective as yours lol. I don't know I just found a nail in my garage (new) and got some scotch tape... the thread got undone :(, so I had to just live with it not flinging backwards :(.

-Aj- wrote:5/32 threader rod and some lock nuts can achieve the same thing, but keep the original slide. you need to drill 2 holes, thats it, so it's less work. costs $4 for materials. But still, you thought outside the box a little so cool beans

Aj

Yeah I've seen that mod where they use nuts and bolts before, but I should of labeled mine the "lazy man" slideback mod because it doesn't really take that much effort... Sadly, I need a better seal with my Maverick I can see a 0.5mm gap from plunger to barrel which is obviously affecting my shots :(.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:02 am