Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+8
Chaos-Blades
melbourneSTORM4eva
neumein
Genacon
nerffirefight24
Hamish
Roger Explosion
Frankie27
12 posters

RFR Modification -- Singled + Cocking Mech. Replacement

Frankie27
    Frankie27
    Founder
    Founder

RFR Modification -- Singled + Cocking Mech. Replacement Empty RFR Modification -- Singled + Cocking Mech. Replacement

Post  Frankie27 Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:33 pm

RFR Modification

So with the influx of RFRs hitting our shores, I thought it was time to break out my old and crappy one for a makeover. All I had done originally was the bolt action mod (cut off lever and put a nail through the cocking bar)

RFR Modification -- Singled + Cocking Mech. Replacement Sany0010

Tools/Materials:

- Dremel
    - Hacksaw or Pipecutters
    - Screwdriver
    - Hot Glue Gun and Hot Glue
    - 1x 15mm Coupler
    - 2x 15mm Elbow Joint
    - 1x 15mm Tee
    - 2x 15mm End Caps
    - 15mm PVC

Part 1: Drawback Handle

Okay, first open that baby up:

RFR Modification -- Singled + Cocking Mech. Replacement Sany0011

Next unscrew this piece and disregard it. Its a safety piece that prevents the gun firing while the lever is down/bolt is back.

RFR Modification -- Singled + Cocking Mech. Replacement Sany0012

Okay, now remove the bolt and attach the 'Tee' joint to the end of it via hot glue. Then bang in 2 one inch pieces of PVC into each end, then lastly put the 2 end caps onto those. Also via trial and error, you need to cut out around 4cm from the back for the handle to sit in.

RFR Modification -- Singled + Cocking Mech. Replacement Sany0013

RFR Modification -- Singled + Cocking Mech. Replacement Sany0014

Part 2: Singling

Now some of you guys are gonna think "Why single it? The shells are the best part!". Cool. Good for you. I don't really care for them, nor do I care much for ROF in high powered guns. Range is my ultimate goal.
    Anyway, cut this tube:

RFR Modification -- Singled + Cocking Mech. Replacement Sany0015

Now remove the plunger tube and break off the end piece that the tube was attached to (I used a good pair of pliers)

RFR Modification -- Singled + Cocking Mech. Replacement Sany0016

Grab your dremel and open up the hole on one half of the plunger tube only(kinda like a Maverick plunger tube) The reason for this is that the the plunger sits to one side in the shell, meaning if you just stuck a coupler on as normal, your barrel wouldn't be straight.

RFR Modification -- Singled + Cocking Mech. Replacement Sany0017

Now glue half of a 15mm coupler over the hole (see how its off centre?)

RFR Modification -- Singled + Cocking Mech. Replacement Sany0018

Again, grab your dremel and remove these walls on both sides of the shell. Also open the front of the shell up a bit so the barrel can get in.

RFR Modification -- Singled + Cocking Mech. Replacement Sany0019

You also need to cut off the bottom faux 'barrel' for your new real barrel.

RFR Modification -- Singled + Cocking Mech. Replacement Sany0020

Glue in the plunger tube and reassemble. New internals:

RFR Modification -- Singled + Cocking Mech. Replacement Sany0021

RFR Modification -- Singled + Cocking Mech. Replacement Sany0022

Whack on a 3 inch barrel and go shoot something 75-80ft away

PS. Just an idea, you could run a RSCB up into the top barrel and reload it from where the shells eject. I was gonna do it be ceebs :p

Roger Explosion
    Roger Explosion
    Administrator
    Administrator

RFR Modification -- Singled + Cocking Mech. Replacement Empty Re: RFR Modification -- Singled + Cocking Mech. Replacement

Post  Roger Explosion Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:01 pm

Cool mod this one. Even went and made my own. But mine still has the lever, but no bolt.
    RFR Modification -- Singled + Cocking Mech. Replacement Imgp1387t

Though really, its now just a big Nitefinder.

We need to range test these, because I doubt you can hit something 80 feet away.
    Hamish
    Hamish

RFR Modification -- Singled + Cocking Mech. Replacement Empty Re: RFR Modification -- Singled + Cocking Mech. Replacement

Post  Hamish Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:34 am

That make me want to go out and buy one, in fact, I think I will then I'll integrate something into that top barrel.

Good work!

-Hamish
    Frankie27
    Frankie27
    Founder
    Founder

Post  Frankie27 Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:13 am

Roger Explosion wrote:
    Though really, its now just a big Nitefinder.

We need to range test these, because I doubt you can hit something 80 feet away.

Thanks, always feels good when someone actually uses the writeup. I'll get a proper range test done later today. That 80ft was just a guesstimate but I do strongly believe it is possible.

Hb Avenger wrote: I'll integrate something into that top barrel.

Way ahead of you I'm thinking Secret Strike.
    Hamish
    Hamish

Post  Hamish Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:23 am

I was thinking something bigger. Something which would make the RFR the secondary function of the blaster.

-Hamish
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:26 am

I think I might go out buy one and try this, It is a toss up between this and the belt blaster, If I got this I would do this mod to it and maybe intergrate a gun with good rof into it somehow.
    Anyway nice write up.
    -Adam-
    Genacon
    Genacon

Post  Genacon Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:22 am

I wasn't going to buy an RFR before i read you're write up. but now i wanted to mod one too so i bought an RFR from k-mart last night. Haven't had a chance to mod it yet.

K-mart
    RFR - $19
    neumein
    neumein
    Donator
    Donator

Post  neumein Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:40 am

I was looking at the RFR internals last night, and thought of something interesting. It involves installing a Big Salvo tank in there, and hooking up the lever action to the pump. I might pick one of these up tomorrow, and have a play around with it.
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:44 am

Hey Roger can you please post a picture of the internals of yours because I want to do this mod but keep the lever action.
    -Adam-
    Frankie27
    Frankie27
    Founder
    Founder

Post  Frankie27 Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:09 am

Its exactly the same as mine, minus the drawback handle. Just don't do that part of the mod.

EDIT: Okay, my bad guys. I just range tested and it only get 60-70ft, much like a giant NF like Roger said. This is still decent though, as it more than doubles its original range. Plus there is plenty of room for an integration (coming soon)
    Hamish
    Hamish

Post  Hamish Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:31 am

Hey neumein thats exactly what I was thinking. One Big Salvo tank (I have one lying around) in the top barrel and this mod done also. That would be a war worthy gun seing as it'd only take about 5 pumps for 100ft ranges plus a the RFR maybe with a turret. Awesomeness.

-Hamish
    neumein
    neumein
    Donator
    Donator

Post  neumein Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:33 am

>>Hb Avenger: Great minds think alike I'll let you know how it goes.
    melbourneSTORM4eva
    melbourneSTORM4eva
    Founder
    Founder

Post  melbourneSTORM4eva Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:16 am

Frankie...Your a legend, you just gave me an awesome idea to do with this gun...Great write-up by the way bro..
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:28 am

Hmm, you pretty much made it into the Buzzbee Hunter, that's coming out soon.
    melbourneSTORM4eva
    melbourneSTORM4eva
    Founder
    Founder

Post  melbourneSTORM4eva Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:31 am

But this it making a direct airflow to the dart. Stock, it has that dirty tube going to the dart, think of all that dead space..
    Frankie27
    Frankie27
    Founder
    Founder

Post  Frankie27 Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:30 am

So I integrated a SSPB into the top barrel area, with the pump running along and out it.

RFR Modification -- Singled + Cocking Mech. Replacement 05072010

Not the cleanest job I've done, I've just gotta clean it up a bit then give it a paintjob.
    Anyone else had a crack at this mod yet?
    melbourneSTORM4eva
    melbourneSTORM4eva
    Founder
    Founder

Post  melbourneSTORM4eva Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:07 am

I'm starting on mine tomorrow, Thank-you for the write-up, im am putting a titan tank in the shell, singling the main gun, and then making a breech system for the titan, Should be fun.
    neumein
    neumein
    Donator
    Donator

Post  neumein Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:22 am

Where are you going to put the Titan tank? I don't see anywhere where it would fit, at least not without a bit of the tank poking through the shell somewhere.
    melbourneSTORM4eva
    melbourneSTORM4eva
    Founder
    Founder

Post  melbourneSTORM4eva Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:27 am

I was planning too, I've had a titan tank lying around for a while now, this should work well.
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:58 am

Very Nice! 70-80ft?!?! you serious? for a RFR that pretty damn good, in fact for anything that's pretty damn good! nice to see a somewhat useless gun get turned into a good one!, make me want to go get one now
    hichrich
    hichrich

Location : Sydney, NSW, Australia, Planet Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Post  hichrich Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:31 pm

To me this is screaming out to be minimized. E.g: stock removed, normal barrel removed. In fact, all the stuff that takes in the clip just taken out and then the gun integrated under something...
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:43 pm

melbourneSTORM4eva wrote:I was planning too, I've had a titan tank lying around for a while now, this should work well.

LOL, Good luck with that. It's going to look fugly.

Awesome mod there frankie27.
    Door_Beatle
    Door_Beatle

Post  Door_Beatle Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:03 pm

Awesome mod, I know what I'm doing on the weekend now

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:14 pm