Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+32
mentalmatt
AlmostExperts
Servulus
Nerf Doctor
Moonsword
infernofalcon
The Cheshire Ranger
bulletproofvest
Chronic1
Atlas8817
vulcan avenger
jacko1120
Reaper
littlebro05
Winterstrike
Chaos-Blades
crumpetstastenice
Hamish
Obsidianmike
Aaron
Biggles
-Aj-
R@w$o 4
Foam Militia
splosionman
who
TheBradl3s
melbourneSTORM4eva
killerbunny
NightCabbage
Genericwizardguy
Frankie27
36 posters

Forum Changes - All MUST Read.

R@w$o 4
    R@w$o 4

Forum Changes - All MUST Read. - Page 3 Empty Re: Forum Changes - All MUST Read.

Post  R@w$o 4 Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:15 am

how would you know? fsa hasnt been seen by anyone axcept AJ?
    jacko1120
    jacko1120

Forum Changes - All MUST Read. - Page 3 Empty Re: Forum Changes - All MUST Read.

Post  jacko1120 Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:18 am

Opps,
    My sincere apologies i thought you were referring to AN not having sub sections.

Edit: FSA is up, i was on it just before. Waiting for my account to be validated, if it is...
    Hamish
    Hamish

Post  Hamish Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:29 am

Yes I was being VERY sarcastic. Man, I really do need to put *Sarcasm* at the end of basically everything I write don't I? I would have thought people would have noticed the "M' in my name is capital but oh well.

HaMIsh

Now the M and the I are both capitals OMG!!!!!! *Sarcasm* Better? Hmm, why does that sound like Sarah pailin? Hahaha her perants were to dumb to put a capital in her name.

-Hamish

Really this is me this time.
    R@w$o 4
    R@w$o 4

Post  R@w$o 4 Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:40 am

jacko1120 wrote:Opps,
    My sincere apologies i thought you were referring to AN not having sub sections.

Edit: FSA is up, i was on it just before. Waiting for my account to be validated, if it is...

Hey man can you throw us the link to the site?
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:41 am

vulcan avenger
    vulcan avenger

Post  vulcan avenger Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:47 am

Forum Changes - All MUST Read. - Page 3 Nerf_f10
    It was a quick job but maybe?
    R@w$o 4
    R@w$o 4

Post  R@w$o 4 Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:04 pm

AJ, winterstrike => Why are you guys wanting pocket howlers for the new site?
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:05 pm

pocket howlers = grenades in FFP (foam fortress pro), if you melb or qld guys see them at kmart buy buy buy, they should only be $2.50

Aj
    Atlas8817

Location : McDowall, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, The Ocean

Post  Atlas8817 Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:10 pm

do they work?
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:11 pm

They dont explode... but the rules are grenades eliminate multiple lives not just one and they are limited in supply and only 2 classes can cary them

Aj
    Frankie27
    Frankie27
    Founder
    Founder

Post  Frankie27 Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:46 pm

Just whipped this up in photoshop, I'm setting it as the logo for the time being.

Forum Changes - All MUST Read. - Page 3 31449307

Post  Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:48 pm

Haha franky, you just put font over picture I was just looking at. It looks strange up there though.
    Frankie27
    Frankie27
    Founder
    Founder

Post  Frankie27 Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:49 pm

I reckon its looking pretty good
    Chronic1
    Chronic1

Post  Chronic1 Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:55 pm

Chaos-Blades wrote:It's definitely ok with me, having 3 different Australian nerf sites. I WILL continue to contibute to OzNerf as well as making my contributions to AN & FSA.

3websites for 3 different things,

Oznerf - For anyone who wants general info on nerf in Aus

FSA - for definitive guides on everything nerf in AUS, social networking and looking at forwarding the "Sport" of nerf.

AN - for new players, the site to show your parents and the site marketed towards Hasbro Australia

If AN is marketed towards the Has, the following needs to be scrubbed....

"Q:I've seen and heard of people modifying their guns to shoot further. Should I do that?

The short answer to that is no. Modifying your guns could lead to potential accidents if you don't know what you're doing. That being said, there is a very large community of nerfers who do mod their guns but this is in no way condoned by Hasbro. These people are generally experts at what they do, so don't presume that modifying is that easy. You may find links to these places on this website, such as Foam Sport Australia and they are a far more knowledgeable community than our own on the subject but remember that attempting to modify your gun is completely at your own risk."

Um, +1 for initiative, however if you want Hasbro onside, there is no short answer, the answer is NO. No exceptions. The Has will not take kindly to this confused statement. You're saying no, unless you no what you're doing. You then go on to supply the link to engage in modding activities.

1. You have exposed AN to litigation by linking to FSA. Admin/moderators should not be engaged in promoting modding on ANY forums, purely as protection from litigation in the 1 in a million chance some idiot screws the pooch. The newspapers are full of stories of morons winning huge compo claims all the time. In the case of AN, I would refrain from encouraging modding full stop.

2. Hasbro will not be interested in supporting a site that openly supports modding, which is what your "Nah, but yeah" statement implies.
    A better answer would be...

"NO. Your blasters instructions clearly state"Do not modify darts or dart blasters", and in the case of larger Nerf guns this information is printed on the actual blaster. This is for your safety and others. AN does not condone ignoring the manufacturers express wishes. There are plenty of sites on the intermajig that explain how to ignore this warning, this site is not one of them. Some posts on our forums may provide links to such sites, AN is not responsible for the views expressed by members, nor the resulting actions of following links or advice posted in these forums. If you chose to ignore these warnings, please use common sense, and consider the consequences of your actions."

If you really want to be taken seriously, and you are off to good start, think about it.
    Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:10 pm

I had a good long hard think about it, but I want AN to be used as an introduction to nerf guns, not a site that Hasbro can just use for free advertising. Essentially, I want to convert people who buy nerf guns from absolute noobs to modding noobs, and I absolutely have to mention modding and link to FSA. We can't send people to FSA directly but I'm sure as shit not going to sweep modding under the rug either. If people have to dig through the forums, looking through post after post to find FSA, then AN will have failed in its duty.

Even if I don't get Hasbro's stamp of approval, I'd rather have the website this way than to have Hasbro's help at all. Nerfhaven, I've been told, is kept in the loop by Hasbro, so I don't see why this one can't be too. If Hasbro tells me I have to change X and Y so they can endorse me, and I don't find the changes too bad, I'll consider it, but only after Hasbro has looked at it first. I'm not bending over backwards for them, I'm bending over backwards for US, the Australian nerf community.
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:33 pm

Forum Changes - All MUST Read. - Page 3 Oznerf10

MS4E EDIT-
    *cough* Thanks for re-formatting my picture so it is not just a silly URL MS4E.

Last edited by melbourneSTORM4eva on Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : MS4E Edit)
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:45 pm

Thanks dude. i was thinking at least that backround
    Chaos-Blades
    Chaos-Blades

Post  Chaos-Blades Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:47 pm

Wow, I really like the current site logo, it's one of the uber-ball blasters from the n-strike wii game.
    Good work Frankie. I think we should keep it.

Post  Guest Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:12 am

Little idea for an oznerf logo,
    Forum Changes - All MUST Read. - Page 3 Oznerf10
    Yes I know paint is so much more proffesional then Ps.
    who
    who

Post  who Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:16 am

Forum Changes - All MUST Read. - Page 3 Img-1110
    Biggles
    Biggles

Post  Biggles Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:14 am

Why dowes it say mom in a love heart on his arm?

Biggles

Post  Guest Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:19 am

Is that guy from australia? It looks like australian grass. O yeah, my image is just an idea not an actually logo. I suck at photoshop.
    Reaper
    Reaper

Post  Reaper Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:38 am

I think that, if you made it look good (eg. someone who actually knows how to properly photoshop redid it), then yes, Warriewoodbros' logo would be PERFECT.
    Frankie27
    Frankie27
    Founder
    Founder

Post  Frankie27 Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:50 am

I probably should mention that it needs to be the same shape as the current one.
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:13 am

Took me a while but I figured out how to make Mine the right size
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:52 am

Alright guys, This is mine... Tell me what you think.

Click on the pic.

Forum Changes - All MUST Read. - Page 3 New_ne10
    who
    who

Post  who Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:07 am

I really like it but not the font colour, but i think it's the winner to me.
    NightCabbage
    NightCabbage

Post  NightCabbage Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:36 am

Yeah the text isn't presented very well...

Also, where did you get the pic from? I've seen it before, and it's illegal to use someone else's pic
    who
    who

Post  who Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:42 am

It's mav from the wii game.
    The Cheshire Ranger
    The Cheshire Ranger

Post  The Cheshire Ranger Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:45 am

If you align the text with the side of the Blaster as if it has been printed there from new and in a different color. i'd give it my vote
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:56 am

I got the pic from this website.

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://s3images.coroflot.com/user_files/individual_files/original_248242_rKU1NgxDAFf8VJVhnhv8mBD1w.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.coroflot.com/public/image_file.asp%3Findividual_id%3D248242%26portfolio_id%3D2644086&usg=__m43S0Ei511slxQJUO50PvzU-mvA=&h=1024&w=1280&sz=402&hl=en&start=18&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=wxZzKD4Y2AZXIM:&tbnh=120&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3DNerf%2Bgun%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26tbs%3Disch:1,isz:l

Massive link I know. (Dont know how to do it normaly. )
    I have contacted the creator of the picture and asked for his permission on using it. He hasn't replied yet, But if he says yes would i be able to use it?

What colour would you like the text (yes I know it looks terrible :D)

bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:34 pm

Or this effect.

Forum Changes - All MUST Read. - Page 3 New_ne11
    The Cheshire Ranger
    The Cheshire Ranger

Post  The Cheshire Ranger Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:42 pm

OOOOH YEAH! That is SEXY!!
    Its got my vote.

P.S. What program did you use to do that sketch effect?
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:46 pm

It's called Paint.net Exactly like photo shop, But for free I got it from a PC Power-play magazine. I think you can get it on the net for free.

Post  Guest Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:03 pm

Try gimp2.6 I have it but I don't have the render things.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:24 pm