Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+15
TheDoubleBracket
gooni
CobraNerf
Darth Lai
danzer12
O.W.L
Unknown
-Aj-
Frankie27
splosionman
Hamish
littlebro05
mavshot
Aaron
ShootEmUp
19 posters

Hopper clip, all aussie materials Tutorial.

ShootEmUp
    ShootEmUp

Hopper clip, all aussie materials Tutorial. Empty Hopper clip, all aussie materials Tutorial.

Post  ShootEmUp Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:45 pm

So hopper clips are very popular in the USA, but not here? why because we don't have the materials. here is a write up for a hopper with all Aussie materials

What you need.:
    15mm pvc T-coupler
    15mm pvc tube
    20mm conduit
    16mm conduit
    20mm conduit end cap/ball valve.
    super glue
    some type of filer/epoxy putty
    E-tape

Tools:
    Hacksaw
    dremel (optional)
    sand paper

Ok start with your 15mm T coupler, cut the top part of like so.
    Hopper clip, all aussie materials Tutorial. IMG_0256
    Hopper clip, all aussie materials Tutorial. IMG_0258

Now grab your 20mm conduit, where going to make a feed tube.
    cut to the size of how many darts you want the clip to hold, i made mine so it holds 5 darts. then grab your miter box and cut the end of at a 45 degree angle.
    Hopper clip, all aussie materials Tutorial. IMG_0263

So once you have done that, grab your modified T coupler and glue the feeding tube onto it, making a Y. there will be some gaps so what you need to do is fill
    them in with some type of epoxy putty or filler, i used plastibond.
    Hopper clip, all aussie materials Tutorial. IMG_0264
    After filler has been added, now its sealed!
    Hopper clip, all aussie materials Tutorial. IMG_0266

feeding tube END CAP! either a 20mm conduit cap or a ball valve (your choice). i used neither, what i used was a 20mm conduit coupler sealed of at the top with some clear acrylic (also used as a site to see how many darts i have left in the clip) this gives me some extra space for different size darts note, i added some e-tape around the coupler just for looks
    Hopper clip, all aussie materials Tutorial. IMG_0268

Now add a small piece of 15mm pvc into the back of the clip
    so you can coupler it into the weapon of your choice.
    Hopper clip, all aussie materials Tutorial. IMG_0269

Last but not least your barrel, nest your 16mm conduit barrel into a piece of 15mm pvc.
    and then sand it out so your darts feed nicely into it, like so.
    Hopper clip, all aussie materials Tutorial. IMG_0277
    Hopper clip, all aussie materials Tutorial. IMG_0270

No place it into the Y coupler and your done!
    Hopper clip, all aussie materials Tutorial. IMG_0272

Add it to the blaster of your choice, enjoy auto loading without flicking the blaster down.
    Hopper clip, all aussie materials Tutorial. IMG_0276
    Aaron
    Aaron
    Founder
    Founder

Hopper clip, all aussie materials Tutorial. Empty Re: Hopper clip, all aussie materials Tutorial.

Post  Aaron Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:04 pm

Nice, Im going to try this!
    ShootEmUp
    ShootEmUp

Hopper clip, all aussie materials Tutorial. Empty Re: Hopper clip, all aussie materials Tutorial.

Post  ShootEmUp Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:12 pm

phuonguyen wrote:I suppose these are used for 1" stefans, not 2" stefans used by most of the QLDers.

My stefans are 1.5" and it works a treat. so 2" stefans might work.
    mavshot
    mavshot

Post  mavshot Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:16 am

that is so awsome ive looked for one of the y couplers but could not find it great job
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:07 am

So this is kind of like the improved version of the RSCB Clip? Have you tried this in the big blast yet?
    ShootEmUp
    ShootEmUp

Post  ShootEmUp Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:01 am

littlebro05 wrote:So this is kind of like the improved version of the RSCB Clip? Have you tried this in the big blast yet?

Yeh pretty much, it cuts out a lot more dead space, its gravity loading and its overall performance just kills the rscb clip. Yes i have had it on my 4b and it works incredible
    Hamish
    Hamish

Post  Hamish Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:04 am

I am thinking that this would be a good alternative to keeping the turret on a Triple Shot because you have better range, more shots and you don't have to worry about the seal.

-Hamish

P.S. Good work.
    ShootEmUp
    ShootEmUp

Post  ShootEmUp Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:28 am

phuonguyen wrote:Just with the hopper, there would be a decrease in power after the first shot, cause it's so similar to the RSCB clip, right?

Nope not that i can tell, i think because its got more of a strait through air flow not going through an elbow coupler etc.

Last edited by ShootEmUp on Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
    splosionman

Post  splosionman Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:24 am

RSCBs and Hopper clips are very similar, a hopper can be seen as a relocated RSCB. Shots will decrease in range as you use darts, but on big blasts its hard to notice it unless you have a massive RSCB. Also, I will always be using RSCBs, at least until proper wyes become available. These homemade wyes won't work with long darts, are probably likely to break, which just adds more items to the break prone list, and most importantly for me, there is a massive piece of pipe sticking up in front of you.

The main disadvantages are a little bit more dead space, and having to tip to load, but I find that motion satisfying, so until I see RELLY good reasons to bother making a homemade wye, I'll stick with the RSCB

-Jason
    ShootEmUp
    ShootEmUp

Post  ShootEmUp Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:58 am

splosionman wrote:RSCBs and Hopper clips are very similar, a hopper can be seen as a relocated RSCB. Shots will decrease in range as you use darts, but on big blasts its hard to notice it unless you have a massive RSCB. Also, I will always be using RSCBs, at least until proper wyes become available. These homemade wyes won't work with long darts, are probably likely to break, which just adds more items to the break prone list, and most importantly for me, there is a massive piece of pipe sticking up in front of you.

The main disadvantages are a little bit more dead space, and having to tip to load, but I find that motion satisfying, so until I see RELLY good reasons to bother making a homemade wye, I'll stick with the RSCB

-Jason

What are you talking about, i have tested this with Streamlines, 2" stefans and my 1.5" stefans, and it works great. you have probably not lined the 2 pieces up properly witch will cause jams. as far as strength if you know how to adhere to pieces of plastic together its very durable!

And as for the feeding tube sticking up, i know i would rather this than having the possibility of 2 couplers (elbow, T) on the RSCB coming loose because of the weight hanging of the back of it.
    Frankie27
    Frankie27
    Founder
    Founder

Post  Frankie27 Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:48 am

Very nice work, gonna give this a crack on the weekend
    splosionman

Post  splosionman Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:16 pm

ShootEmUp wrote:
    splosionman wrote:RSCBs and Hopper clips are very similar, a hopper can be seen as a relocated RSCB. Shots will decrease in range as you use darts, but on big blasts its hard to notice it unless you have a massive RSCB. Also, I will always be using RSCBs, at least until proper wyes become available. These homemade wyes won't work with long darts, are probably likely to break, which just adds more items to the break prone list, and most importantly for me, there is a massive piece of pipe sticking up in front of you.

-Jason

What are you talking about, i have tested this with Streamlines, 2" stefans and my 1.5" stefans, and it works great. you have probably not lined the 2 pieces up properly witch will cause jams. as far as strength if you know how to adhere to pieces of plastic together its very durable!

And as for the feeding tube sticking up, i know i would rather this than having the possibility of 2 couplers (elbow, T) on the RSCB coming loose because of the weight hanging of the back of it.

Its a matter of opinion, but I PVC cemented everything together, except where it attaches to the gun, and it hasn't fallen out yet. The RSCB is able to be secured to the gun with glu or straps, and will not then rattle around. Hopper clips fall out all the time, as the assembly is moving around as you fire, run and reload, with nothing but the coupler holding it steady. In the U3s videos, their hopper clips fall off all the time.

As for streamlines working, I stand corrected, darts are no problem.
    ShootEmUp
    ShootEmUp

Post  ShootEmUp Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:43 pm

splosionman wrote:Its a matter of opinion, but I PVC cemented everything together, except where it attaches to the gun, and it hasn't fallen out yet. The RSCB is able to be secured to the gun with glu or straps, and will not then rattle around. Hopper clips fall out all the time, as the assembly is moving around as you fire, run and reload, with nothing but the coupler holding it steady. In the U3s videos, their hopper clips fall off all the time.

As for streamlines working, I stand corrected, darts are no problem.

The coupler obviously wasn't tight enough then because mine would of falling out by now with the rough time i have been giving it, as well as that the hopper is much lighter than an rscb so securing it in other places would be an over kill and a waste of time

Don't get me wrong im a fan rscb's. But i cant justifie using them any more, when its cheaper and simpler to use a hopper with the over all performance being better.
    splosionman

Post  splosionman Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:01 pm

Like I said, its a matter of opinion.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:29 pm

There is a huge difference in hoppers to RSCBs, you just need to look at fluid dynamics (which to the uneducated applies to both liquids and gasses).

To break the difference down in an RSCB the air escapes out the barrel into the elbow and then hits a t junction. At the T the air will disperse easily in both directions before blockages are accounted for, which means depending on the deadspace in your RSCB, it's clip length and the output volume of the blaster, up to 50% of that air will go down the clip, not out the barrel. This is also why RSCB's noticeably decrease in range as the clip gets emptied, as even more air can flow into the clip before pressure is equalized within the clip and the dart starts moving.

With the Wye, because of the straight path to the dart from the air output the air does not split evenly upon impacting the stoppage (ie the dart) and send half the air up the clip, but rather more of the air gets exited in a straight path, pushing the dart out. This is why hoppers do not fluctuate in range so much as the clip empties, also why they are in general better range wise than RSCB's. However Wye's take guns with a high volume or pressure output to take advantage of this phenomenon.

So they are different, I'm sick of people saying they aren't, and in general Hopper > RSCB for efficiency, however I'm dubious to the reliability of the home-made versions.

Also, most people twist the hopper so that it sits off the side of the gun, so they can still aim down the barrel.

Aj
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:34 pm

I'm new to Hopper clips so spare me, Will it work with an aluminium barrel (16mm).
    ShootEmUp
    ShootEmUp

Post  ShootEmUp Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:45 pm

Thanks for explaining that -AJ-, i was worried about the home made wye doing this because of the stress it gets put through but it has turned out very sturdy. If there where wye couplers available, i would be using them but theres not, and i doubt there will ever be because i believe even in America there hard to find.

@ Unknown, yes it will work with 16mm alu, just nest it inside 15mm pvc instead of the 16mm conduit and sand out the back.

Last edited by ShootEmUp on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:04 pm

phuonguyen wrote:
    Unknown wrote:I'm new to Hopper clips so spare me, Will it work with an aluminium barrel (16mm).

I think it's easier to just use a conduit barrel for rscb and wye clips, because the couplers and joints are just easier to use and get.

@ Aj, time to polish your physics book, cause fluid mechanics applies to liquids and gases at the most complex levels of physics. Fluid mechanics applies to any liquid or gas that is moving. Take bernoulli's principle for example, that is used from suspending a ping pong ball to creating lift and propeller design and physics, both liquids and gases. Oh and fluid dynamics and mechanics gets alot harder, this is pretty basic stuff.

i'm not claiming to have a super in depth knowledge, the only reason I posted the 'for the uneducated' bit was because many people assume fluid dynamics apply to well.. fluids, and not gases. However what you have said doesn't make sense, in that it offers nothing more than a slightly larger explanation of fluid dynamics, we're dealing with moving gasses here so it clearly applies, what as your point?

Aj
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:52 pm

Ok, I see more of what you were trying to say now. You're right in that I cannot even begin to comprehend this stuff, but I put it to a pipeline engineer and he gave me a lot of information, however yeah you're right in that I'm not an expert on fluid dynamics.

From empirical testing however what I have stated has proven to be true, and that there are fundamental differences to the clip designs, and how they function, I am obviously not well versed enough in physics to explain it however, but I dont think this is a bad thing as too many people get bogged down in physics etc in this hobby when in practice, often for reasons unknown, things that should increase performance dont, things that shouldn't work do etc.

I was talking to the US guys on hoppers just the other night and they all say the same thing also, that in hoppers work differently, personally I think it has to do with the dart loading into the barrel blocking easy airflow up the wye with its tail, but thats very hard to test unless someone can get a clear wye...

Aj
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:06 am

Hmm lol. Now that I know this. I feel like trying to quadshot a triple shot with each one having a gravity hopper which is enough for two darts each. That way you'll have 8 darts all together! muahahah.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:09 am

For that amount of darts inline clip > hopper

Aj
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:12 am

That's true. It makes more compact. Hmm.. I'll try both. Trying to improve the potential of my quadshotted Triple Shot...

I hope the handcannon comes in. I know I'll be doing ALOT with that gun muahahha.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:13 am

wha? you mean the lanard handcannon? the yellow one?

Same gun without the turret... like literally same moulds n shit

Aj
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:17 am

Yeah I know. I just don't want to waste a triple shot that I could quad, the HandCannon just seems more appropriate.

But the hopper is great. Does anyone know if this double feeds in a BBBB?
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:20 am

lol pretty sure the handcannon is not going to be released here, so you'll just have to live with wasting 30c of plastic by not using a turret

Hoppers work excellently in 4B's and when made properly do not double feed. Sounds like you guys really need to do some reading up, this shit is all standard fare on NH and has been for like over a year now I think..

Aj
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:25 am

Lol. I prefer the speedloader. Prehaps a breech at some point. I never really use NerfHaven. I have an active account there though.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:45 am

I think I might just make a spring sniper by putting a LS V2 Spring in it + Triple Shot Spring... Something's definitely bound to break! Lol. Get like 140ft ranges, but my arm is going to have such a work out lol!

I might try this out my triple shot. That way it's a little more user friendly for people who will borrow my gun lol.
    O.W.L
    O.W.L

Post  O.W.L Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:28 am

i have attempted this and ive been using PVC for my feed tube. I have been having a problem with it coming out of my T. I think it has to much space around it or something. I have been able to make the dart move slightly but with no way the amount for it to fly out, any thoughts?
    danzer12
    danzer12

Post  danzer12 Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:11 pm

Can it work with guns that have been modified (ar removed) but don't have a PVC barrel?
    Darth Lai
    Darth Lai

Post  Darth Lai Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:36 pm

No, the hopper clip fits on to a coupler.

I was wondering- has anyone done a tutorial on how to make an RSCB? Because I am thinkng of making one.

Thanks.
    CobraNerf
    CobraNerf

Post  CobraNerf Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:38 pm

Search. We have one on the website. Lets see if you can find it.
    Frankie27
    Frankie27
    Founder
    Founder

Post  Frankie27 Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:41 pm

Darth Lai wrote:
    I was wondering- has anyone done a tutorial on how to make an RSCB? Because I am thinkng of making one.

Thanks.

CobraNerf wrote:Search. We have one on the website. Lets see if you can find it.

Owned.
    gooni
    gooni

Post  gooni Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:08 pm

^^ sig,

I made one but mine dosent work well..... never fires the last round, sometimes takes to firings to shoot one dart, some times two darts with one shot. I admit that it is poorly made copy of zer0metal's RSCB.
    TheDoubleBracket
    TheDoubleBracket

Post  TheDoubleBracket Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:13 pm

I've attempted to make one using two pieces of 20mm conduit stuck together to make a wye, with HEP20LEAP stuck into the conduit by heating it. It doesn't feed and instead all the air (from the Nitefinder it's attached to) goes up the clip.

This causes the rubber stopper in the end of the clip to shoot me in the face. OW.
    TheDoubleBracket
    TheDoubleBracket

Post  TheDoubleBracket Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:48 am

Hey, I'm having some trouble with my hopper feeding. I've done it exactly like this (except I'm using HEP20 for the barrel, nested in 15mm PVC). Basically the darts bend in the wye but don't make it into the barrel despite me sanding it all neatly like in the pic. Any tips? It keeps blowing air up the wye instead of out the barrel, it's lame, it keeps wanting to push my seal behind the clip part off. :/

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:30 pm