Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+3
TheKhakinator
ShootEmUp
gooni
7 posters

BBUMB troubles.

gooni
    gooni

BBUMB troubles. Empty BBUMB troubles.

Post  gooni Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:37 am

Like the title says, I have had some troubles with bbumb's. First off, dont be a cheap ass like me and try to get away with using tarzan grip to put couplers on your bbumb's, use 2 part epoxy. I have found that it weakens the plastic of the tank. I have had two breakages of the nozzle.

Also I have had a tank crack on the back near the valve rod on the tank that is in the rebbumb. It happened today at work when i was doing some more range tests.I advise only 4-5 pumps max if you have used any kind of bike pump with siad tank.

I am letting you all know of my fails of epic noobality so as you don't join me in the land of bbumb failure.

Gooni
    ShootEmUp
    ShootEmUp

BBUMB troubles. Empty Re: BBUMB troubles.

Post  ShootEmUp Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:52 am

Your lucky to get a working one from the start, I have brought 2 and both have not worked out of the box
    TheKhakinator
    TheKhakinator

Post  TheKhakinator Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:32 am

/is happy he bought a Titan.
    Hamish
    Hamish

Post  Hamish Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:36 am

My BBUMB works fine you shouldn't use epoxy on the actual tank because it has been know to eat away at some 'nerf plastics'. You should only epoxy the coupler onto the barrel not the actual air tank. Maybe some pictures would help.

-Hamish
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:46 am

Hamish wrote:My BBUMB works fine you shouldn't use epoxy on the actual tank because it has been know to eat away at some 'nerf plastics'. You should only epoxy the coupler onto the barrel not the actual air tank. Maybe some pictures would help.

-Hamish

I call bullshit on the epoxy eating away at the tank. Ahtani3's pump replacement had nylon hose tubing to the side of the tank which he layered up with 3 day epoxy (from what I saw in his video) and it's working just fine.

On a latter note. I got a BBUMB and it was working fine. Just need to coupler it.
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:51 am

littlebro05 wrote:
    Hamish wrote:My BBUMB works fine you shouldn't use epoxy on the actual tank because it has been know to eat away at some 'nerf plastics'. You should only epoxy the coupler onto the barrel not the actual air tank. Maybe some pictures would help.

-Hamish

I call bullshit on the epoxy eating away at the tank. Ahtani3's pump replacement had nylon hose tubing to the side of the tank which he layered up with 3 day epoxy (from what I saw in his video) and it's working just fine.

On a latter note. I got a BBUMB and it was working fine. Just need to coupler it.

He did say "some nerf plastics" which is entirely possible as 3 day epoxy is not entirely plastic safe. I would say the chance of it affecting any of the plastic we use isn't that likely though.
    gooni
    gooni

Post  gooni Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:32 pm

First up, all my bbumbs worked well out of the box, as lilbro said, all you need to do is coupler them.

The first one i had i broke by dropping it from 2.5m and it landing barrel first, so not a bonding problem.

Second broke at the nozzle when I was putting the barrel in to it. That is the one in this pic
    BBUMB troubles. Dscn2817

In this seconed pic I have marked where the cracks from over pumping have formed (it is not the cracked tank)
    BBUMB troubles. 00000210

On the tank that is cracked i have only put glue on the upper part of the nozzle and have seen no problems. At this time i have "painted" the cracked area with some plastic cement and will tell you all if it works or not in a few days.

Gooni
    H3LLS FLAM3
    H3LLS FLAM3

Post  H3LLS FLAM3 Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:17 pm

With My BBUMB i used duck tape around the nub of the blaster and jammed the coupler on with a hammer hasnt come of since (Its been a while aswell)
    Hamish
    Hamish

Post  Hamish Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:32 am

littlebro05 wrote:

-Hamish

I know someone who araldite'd the ammo box onto a vulcan and it completely ate away at the side. Its know to happens to some other things too. I araldited my coupler to the barrel and there were no problems.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:21 pm