Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

5 posters

MM+Recon+Gooni=MegaCon (with good trigger)

gooni
    gooni

MM+Recon+Gooni=MegaCon (with good trigger) Empty MM+Recon+Gooni=MegaCon (with good trigger)

Post  gooni Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:48 pm

Well after the so-so results I got with the Rebbumb I wanted to do better. And this time I think I have.

The main problem with the rebbumb was the trigger, lets just say it was very ghetto.This time the ghetto is almost totaly gone.A write-up this is not but is a ruff guide for those of us out there not so trigger savy.

To the point, I used a piece of wire from the trigger mech from a BB stingray water blaster (fail due to me cutting the tank in the wrong spot but have one left to play with )I bent the wire to fit the holes I drilled in the recon trigger then used some hot glue to hold it. I also cut a small piece of what is 8 or 10mm alu I use for ramrods and glued it over the flat end of the MM's tank valve rod pullie thingy.

All up it works realy well if I may say so, hope it helps out some of you out there.

Oh yeh, pic might help
    MM+Recon+Gooni=MegaCon (with good trigger) Dscn2825

MM+Recon+Gooni=MegaCon (with good trigger) Dscn2826

MM+Recon+Gooni=MegaCon (with good trigger) Megaco10

Enjoy, Gooni
    sitras
    sitras

MM+Recon+Gooni=MegaCon (with good trigger) Empty Re: MM+Recon+Gooni=MegaCon (with good trigger)

Post  sitras Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:02 am

Good mod. Just one question though, is the pump sturdy, bescause it doesnt look all to relliable. But then again there was allot of glue there lol.
    gooni
    gooni

MM+Recon+Gooni=MegaCon (with good trigger) Empty Re: MM+Recon+Gooni=MegaCon (with good trigger)

Post  gooni Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:24 am

sitras wrote: But then again there was allot of glue there lol.

Thanks, I'm kind of proud of it too :P.

There is a lot of glue there and some would say too much. But I say NEVER, never can one have too much hot glue. With all that glue and once the shell is all screwed on nice and tight, there in very little movement at all if any. And it feals nice in the hand(better than the rebbumb). I could of usen some hardware to fix it in place, but I am a very lazy modder .

I did a ruff range test today at work.Didnt have a tape but the shed is about 150-170ft. With 4 pumps it was hitting the back wall on the 1st and 2nd bounces, so I was its getting around 120-130ft so im happy.
    sitras
    sitras

Post  sitras Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:26 am

Hmm thats inpressive, good work. It wold seam the recon is useful for ONE thing, that is providing a shell for you megancon lol.
    Misfit
    Misfit

Post  Misfit Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:38 am

Where did you get that black cylinder that's attached to the trigger from?

If you could to can you please put a list up of the other bits you used to make it.
    kingkottah
    kingkottah

Post  kingkottah Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:23 pm

Misfit I belive that is a mega missile tank, or a pump, I think both can be bought at kmart in westfield kotara (hes from newcastle so it should be correct)

PS Gooni its a pretty sexy gun, I agree with Misfit that a list at the start or a link to the original post (I belive you made one about the BBUMB?) may help.
    mavrick man
    mavrick man

Post  mavrick man Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:32 pm

What are the ranges?
    gooni
    gooni

Post  gooni Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:57 pm

kingkottah wrote:Misfit I belive that is a mega missile tank, or a pump, I think both can be bought at kmart in westfield kotara (hes from newcastle so it should be correct)

PS Gooni its a pretty sexy gun, I agree with Misfit that a list at the start or a link to the original post (I belive you made one about the BBUMB?) may help.

Yes, it is a mega missile tank, a rev2.

All i did was gut both the recon and MM. dremel out some room for the tank and the pump, is a huffy bike pump from I dont know where, but any good bike pump will do.The rebumb is here

Range was around 120ft
    Misfit
    Misfit

Post  Misfit Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:00 am

Thanks for the info. Is the MM tank made out of plastic or metal?
    gooni
    gooni

Post  gooni Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:05 am

Misfit wrote:Thanks for the info. Is the MM tank made out of plastic or metal?

The MM tank is plastic

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:38 am