Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+98
TomaszBurcon
Samoorai
Ungodlyfreak
spacephrawg
Pronga
False
royal86
mister_elliott
Scoutluvsu
SuctionCup
LordPork
Frankie27
jacko1120
Vavoom
Benjiman
TooBz
s3an9000
Kinetic Waffle
lefty
makeitgo
Zinv
Switchblade
Winning
NachoTaco
Nemesis
NightStalker
TrackerJack
Acerised
Drados
holdentem
boosted6
nebo1234
Slammin Sam
xnerfx
tdudey123
yeahryan
Mozart
watchadoin
Klosteral
-mirsho
neumein
random guy
melbnerf619
Dxhacksaw
Napolean
mavshot
bulletproofvest
Godspeed_22
XvGR1MREAPERvX
Psykka
lolnerf
redcricket077
oxymoron
Unknown
Synergie
killerbunny
Dietzie
Bacara
Luke
M@lew
ascendant
cr0_b0y
Servulus
JWatt7
Akimbo Assassin
Echoes
gooni
ElementGuy
Johnnus
SydneyNerfer
clunk07
Zandor
mull
Darth Lai
littlebro05
Brunius
Xoenz
matt.chopper
LostBoy
Scout
taerkitty
phuonguyen
JayDesu
TheTrueMcMuffin
Silent Scope
KingCam
Chaos-Blades
SnowDragon
Spete7
TheBradl3s
Nerph
CaptainSurprise
thestick
RL
dandaldaks
seph
Swatsonia
102 posters

The Questions Thread.

Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

The Questions Thread. - Page 8 Empty Re: The Questions Thread.

Post  Psykka Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:28 am

KingCam wrote:Ok so I found a lot of Vinyl Dye colors at Autobarn so here my question's.

Do I have sand down the paint on a Nerf gun before I spray the Vinyl Dye on the Nerf gun?

Ok so I'm going to spray my Nerf Longstrike with red Vinyl Dye.

Do I have to spray it with a white Vinyl Dye first before I spray it with red Vinyl Dye?

Best thing to do is get a small pistol to test it on first. Seeing as it dyes the plastic I don't think you should have to make it white before you make it red.
    I really don't know how it will go over the existing paint though. You may have to sand it down a bit but remember if you do you'll have to make it dead smooth otherwise all the scratches will show through the dye as it goes on very thin.

Can an admin change my signature to:
    + Knee Deep In The Dead, Surrounded By Nerf Bullets + Razz

Because it won't let me change it.

I can't see why you wouldn't have been allowed to change it but there you go.
    KingCam
    KingCam

Post  KingCam Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:32 am

Psykka wrote:
    KingCam wrote:Ok so I found a lot of Vinyl Dye colors at Autobarn so here my question's.

Do I have sand down the paint on a Nerf gun before I spray the Vinyl Dye on the Nerf gun?

Do I have to spray it with a white Vinyl Dye first before I spray it with red Vinyl Dye?

Best thing to do is get a small pistol to test it on first. Seeing as it dyes the plastic I don't think you should have to make it white before you make it red.
    I really don't know how it will go over the existing paint though. You may have to sand it down a bit but remember if you do you'll have to make it dead smooth otherwise all the scratches will show through the dye as it goes on very thin.

I think I will ask coop772 on YouTube Because he used it all the time.
    XvGR1MREAPERvX
    XvGR1MREAPERvX

Post  XvGR1MREAPERvX Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:32 am

Psykka wrote:

Can an admin change my signature to:
    + Knee Deep In The Dead, Surrounded By Nerf Bullets + Razz

Because it won't let me change it.

I can't see why you wouldn't have been allowed to change it but there you go.

Thanks man, it was 'locked' up or something.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:28 am

You'll need to get the mould-release agent off the blaster first. I'd imagine alcohol wipes or warm soapy water would work well. When I use Vinyl Dye, I give the blaster a light sand with 1200 grit wet/dry paper. Then wash it, let dry, and spray.

You should just be able to paint the red straight over the top of the existing blue of the LStrike.

Also, I'm trying to buy transparent white nylon air hose connectors. I'm looking for barbed tee's and in-line connector's to suit 6mm OD nylon tubing. There's crap-all shops where I live, and I'm not overly interested in making the 500km round trip to the nearest civilisation especially to buy these. If anyone has seen these online/or can source them - please drop me a PM.
    Cheers,

Last edited by clunk07 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
    mavshot
    mavshot

Post  mavshot Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:35 am

Hi Im building a snap bow using a 32mm sink plug and 32mm pvc pressure pipe and I would like to know what the most effective plunger draw distance is, What type of lubricant I should use and where I can get it, how I should hold it together eg: glue screws etc
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:19 am

I recently got a BT alpha trooper spring.

Ive modded my Alpha Trooper and it works with the stock spring but not the BT spring.

Anyone had any experience with Alpha Trooper springs from BT?

oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:03 pm

Does anyone know what the best barrel materials are for Whistler/Dart Tag darts?

littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:21 am

oxymoron wrote:Does anyone know what the best barrel materials are for Whistler/Dart Tag darts?

Well you saw what I used at the Nerf War. If you want a long barrel, you use 20mm REINFORCED orange conduit.

If you're just using a short barrel, 17/32", 16mm conduit should be sufficient enuogh.
    Nerph
    Nerph

Post  Nerph Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:38 am

Does anyone know their way around of assembling a Buzz Bee Double Shot? I opened mine up and did all my mods, but I just can't seem to put it back together properly..
    Help?
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:45 am

Nerph wrote:Does anyone know their way around of assembling a Buzz Bee Double Shot? I opened mine up and did all my mods, but I just can't seem to put it back together properly..
    Help?

Um.. Pictures would REALLY help.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:53 am

The Questions Thread. - Page 8 Dsc01510

Press Ctrl + mouse wheel to zoom in on the picture.

Make sure all parts are positioned like seen above.
    Nerph
    Nerph

Post  Nerph Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:05 pm

Thanks for the help you guys, but I already had it like this and it still doesn't work..
    When I "crack open" the blaster and go to prime it, it's too loose and I can't feel anything catch onto anything else..The Questions Thread. - Page 8 Sdc10035w
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:52 pm

Would anyone be able to advise me on a BT spring that fits well in a mostly unmodded Vulcan? I hear that the DTG spring works well... but those aren't in production (or at least, for sale to normal buyers. I've current got here:
    - Spectre Spring
    - Nitefinder Spring
    - Maverick Spring

I'm not sure which is closest to the DTG spring though =/

Thanks in advance
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:34 pm

littlebro05 wrote:
    oxymoron wrote:Does anyone know what the best barrel materials are for Whistler/Dart Tag darts?

Well you saw what I used at the Nerf War. If you want a long barrel, you use 20mm REINFORCED orange conduit.

If you're just using a short barrel, 17/32", 16mm conduit should be sufficient enuogh.

How do you reinforce your barrel, as a general rule? I know there are different ways to reinforce barrel attachments, but not all the ways.
    Psykka
    Psykka
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Psykka Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:30 am

The orange conduit is the reinforced type. You don't do it yourself.

But in general if you have a flimsy barrel material you just sleeve a stronger material over the outside.
    Napolean
    Napolean

Post  Napolean Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:03 am

Nerph wrote:
    Thanks for the help you guys, but I already had it like this and it still doesn't work..
    When I "crack open" the blaster and go to prime it, it's too loose and I can't feel anything catch onto anything else..The Questions Thread. - Page 8 Sdc10035w

Here is your problem. That piece of string circled in black, in picture must be joined to this part circled in red The Questions Thread. - Page 8 Sdc10012
    Dxhacksaw
    Dxhacksaw

The Questions Thread. - Page 8 Empty definition of a nerf gun

Post  Dxhacksaw Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:27 am

hello all

im a newb to all things nerf but im good at building and designing things and i was thinking about trying to build my own vertion of a nerf gun but of corse high powered, i was wondering is there any thing i need to keep in mind eg plunger systems, air tanks or is it prity much any thing goes?

regards
    hacksaw
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:35 am

I've sent you a PM already, please take the time to read it. Thanks.

In response to your question, it's generally ill-advised to make any homemades unless they're encased in toy gun shells and the like. For all intents and purposes the AusBow is probably one of the best examples you may find in the war-worthy pile, but any of the US Nerf-related websites such as NerfHaven are your best bet.

Just keep in mind to keep your creations compliant with the Weapons Act 1996.

Also, any single queries should be made in this thread instead thanks.
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:45 am

Dxhacksaw wrote:hello all

im a newb to all things nerf but im good at building and designing things and i was thinking about trying to build my own vertion of a nerf gun but of corse high powered, i was wondering is there any thing i need to keep in mind eg plunger systems, air tanks or is it prity much any thing goes?

regards
    hacksaw

I'll give you a bit of a push in the right direction.
    http://www.oznerf.com/t2978-the-official-ausbow#49445

BAM!

It also helps to have the right tools if you want to make a good one IE: Drill Press and a Scroll-saw. I also recommend a band saw.
    http://www.captainslug.com/plusbow2.html <--- Writeup

The hardest part of a +bow is sourcing the parts in Australa, but it can be done.

Also, you wont be able to take the gun to all wars, as it scares old people.

- Brad
    Dxhacksaw
    Dxhacksaw

Post  Dxhacksaw Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:35 am

thats a awesome homemade ill draw up some blue prints and post them up
    Synergie
    Synergie

The Questions Thread. - Page 8 Empty Inf0rm3r's Darts

Post  Synergie Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:58 am

Until now, I haven't looked into acquiring custom darts, mainly because I cannot be bothered putting the effort into making darts by hand, only to lose some of them at a Nerf War. However, I see inf0rm3r is now selling darts, pre-made with tips and all, I am more than willing to pay a premium instead of making them myself, so I am considering buying some of these darts, however I have four options and honestly don't know which to pick, I intend to use the darts in my volt-modded Stampede with a Raider Drum and 18dart Mags. So out of the HEAVSIPCAPDART, LITESILCAPDART, SMLSNAPCAPDART and LRGSNAPCAPDART, which one is best for me and why?
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:15 am

what is the difference between silicon cap and snap caps darts?
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

Post  JayDesu Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:16 am

melbnerf619 wrote:what is the difference between silicon cap and snap caps darts?

Silicone caps are like the streamline darts, the hard ones are not hollow, I think the soft ones are but without the hole that makes them fishtail.

Snapcaps are solid and hard.

Correct me if I am wrong.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:22 am

Synergie wrote:Until now, I haven't looked into acquiring custom darts, mainly because I cannot be bothered putting the effort into making darts by hand, only to lose some of them at a Nerf War. However, I see inf0rm3r is now selling darts, pre-made with tips and all, I am more than willing to pay a premium instead of making them myself, so I am considering buying some of these darts, however I have four options and honestly don't know which to pick, I intend to use the darts in my volt-modded Stampede with a Raider Drum and 18dart Mags. So out of the HEAVSIPCAPDART, LITESILCAPDART, SMLSNAPCAPDART and LRGSNAPCAPDART, which one is best for me and why?

Snap cap darts are regularly used here in QLD and I must say, they are pretty amazing. I prefer the small ones because they fit in a little easier in Petg (my main barrel type) however large snap caps shoot a little further so you have to weigh up the pros and cons. Reload speed VS range. If you are using clips go with the large ones as there is no difference in reload speed.

As for sili tips, the heavy ones are made for air guns and high power blasters while the lite ones are for stock and weaker guns so you'll have to decide which type you'll be better off with.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:49 am

Synergie wrote:Until now, I haven't looked into acquiring custom darts, mainly because I cannot be bothered putting the effort into making darts by hand, only to lose some of them at a Nerf War. However, I see inf0rm3r is now selling darts, pre-made with tips and all, I am more than willing to pay a premium instead of making them myself, so I am considering buying some of these darts, however I have four options and honestly don't know which to pick, I intend to use the darts in my volt-modded Stampede with a Raider Drum and 18dart Mags. So out of the HEAVSIPCAPDART, LITESILCAPDART, SMLSNAPCAPDART and LRGSNAPCAPDART, which one is best for me and why?

You will want to purchase the LiteSilCapDart. HeavSilCapDart are very heavy. You lose alot of velocity out of your stampede and be disappointed in the ranges. Your stampede might be shooting like 80ft with streamlines. However, with heavies, you'll see a reduction in distance and velocity. Decreasing the ranges to aroudn 55-60ft. However, accuracy in superb. I have never personally seen LITESILTIPs, but they're basically a streamline weight with the tip 'filled'. They shouldn't fishtail.

SNAPCAP darts are primarily used for Nerf players who want to feel a 'sting' or 'pain' because it gives them adreniline rush. If you're that type of person I would recommend those. Small snap caps should be weighted with metal washers if you want an increase in performance. You simply place the washers in the cap. (Check the How to make stefans thread).
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:32 pm

littlebro05 wrote:You will want to purchase the LiteSilCapDart. HeavSilCapDart are very heavy. You lose alot of velocity out of your stampede and be disappointed in the ranges. Your stampede might be shooting like 80ft with streamlines. However, with heavies, you'll see a reduction in distance and velocity. Decreasing the ranges to aroudn 55-60ft. However, accuracy in superb. I have never personally seen LITESILTIPs, but they're basically a streamline weight with the tip 'filled'. They shouldn't fishtail

Hey so if I'm using a blue brass breeched longshot with LSv2 and blue stock spring, would I be looking at heavies?
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Xoenz Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:02 pm

Echoes wrote:
    littlebro05 wrote:You will want to purchase the LiteSilCapDart. HeavSilCapDart are very heavy. You lose alot of velocity out of your stampede and be disappointed in the ranges. Your stampede might be shooting like 80ft with streamlines. However, with heavies, you'll see a reduction in distance and velocity. Decreasing the ranges to aroudn 55-60ft. However, accuracy in superb. I have never personally seen LITESILTIPs, but they're basically a streamline weight with the tip 'filled'. They shouldn't fishtail

Hey so if I'm using a blue brass breeched longshot with LSv2 and blue stock spring, would I be looking at heavies?

Yes. I'd say heavies would do alright with 120ft+ shooting guns
    Bacara
    Bacara

Post  Bacara Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:11 pm

@Littlebro, With these heavy sili tips, are they suitable for guns that achieve 80-90 feet with 00 splitshot darts? Or would the lite version be more suited for this?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:20 pm

@Echoes - Well, if you have one of those, then maybe. They've been shot out of brass breech longshot with BT V2 Spring and they lose about 5 or so metre with a velocity decrease. However, the accuracy is superb. They'll still fire out around 80-90ft.

@Xoenz They are primarily designed for blasters such as the +Bow, TS, Octoshot, Singled Air Blasters etc.

@Bacara - I'd say the lite version. Although, I've never have had any experience so I can't say for sure. Just depends whether you want slow, but accurate or high velocity and accuracy (unknown) lol.
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:42 pm

Echoes wrote:

I have used the heavies in my LS as LittleBro said but I lost a lot of range (more like 10m) BUT I found cutting a few mm off the tail of the sili tip removed this issue while still giving a MASSiVE increase in accuracy compared to a large snap cap dart. This effectively means you can calibrate a set of darts to each gun you have if you really wanted. It is super easy to make darts with the sili tips too.

Synergie, I use the large snap car darts in my modded stampedes and they r great but the won't work well for you in your raider drum as the size makes them jam up a bit. The small cap will be a little light and u will lose accuracy so I recommend you add some washers to them to get the weight up. King Cam is selling weighted snap cap darts for a great price currently.

Bacara, as I mentioned before, if you find the tip too heavy as it is you can just adjust the weight by trimming the tail to suit you gun perfectly

Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:57 pm

littlebro05 wrote:@Echoes - Well, if you have one of those, then maybe. They've been shot out of brass breech longshot with BT V2 Spring and they lose about 5 or so metre with a velocity decrease. However, the accuracy is superb. They'll still fire out around 80-90ft.

oxymoron wrote:I have used the heavies in my LS as LittleBro said but I lost a lot of range (more like 10m) BUT I found cutting a few mm off the tail of the sili tip removed this issue while still giving a MASSiVE increase in accuracy compared to a large snap cap dart. This effectively means you can calibrate a set of darts to each gun you have if you really wanted. It is super easy to make darts with the sili tips too.

Hrmm thanks for the info guys. I guess I'll have to cancel my order and wait on some of the right stuff then. Hope it doesn't screw with informer though =/
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:17 pm

Hi all,

I have 2 x Brass-breeched LS with BT V2 and stock spring. Currently achieving 140 ft plus with a couple degree angle (natural angle when fired from shoulder).

Presently, I'm experiencing alot of dart clipping. I'm using blue foam, with weighted small snap caps.
    Darts are in good condition.

Has anyone got a fix for this? I was considering slightly notching out the 9/16 barrel receiver - below the dart half-pipe.

Any ideas would be helpful, as I don't want to mess around too much with a breech that is achieving such good consistent ranges.
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:11 pm

By clipping do u mean the breech is grabbing the rear of the dart when it closes and chopping some of it off?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:14 pm

oxymoron wrote:By clipping do u mean the breech is grabbing the rear of the dart when it closes and chopping some of it off?

Yeh mate, that's exactly what it is doing. Not so much (every 5th dart or so) with your breech, but every 2nd dart with the one I made for a mate. It's exactly the same as yours (without tightening rings), but I sanded down the inside of the 9/16th barrel more on yours, than on the other.
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:24 pm

Hmmm weird. I've only been seeing it happen ever 50 or so times, if that. That's in all t4 that I've made too.

The only thing that could really cause it is if the back of the dart doesnt sit inside the 19/32 properly when you are pushing the bolt section forward.
    I've noticed when loading a single dart with the gun upside down the darts like to tip onto their nose so the tail stands up a bit but it wouldnt happen when the clip is in.

You sure the darts aren't just a bit bent? Otherwise maybe a slight alignment issue but i dont see how if it is working well apart from that.

On a side note, these BB LS's are so good that every time I show someone mine they want to buy one for themselves. Sold one to a guy for $190 with everything possible done to it and I now have orders for 3 more :O
    Need more time in the day lol.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:48 am