Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+2
clunk07
royal86
6 posters

Western Suburbs 'o' Melbourne Nerfer

royal86
    royal86

Western Suburbs 'o' Melbourne Nerfer Empty Western Suburbs 'o' Melbourne Nerfer

Post  royal86 Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:31 pm

Hey all,

Name is Luke, 24 and I reside in the North Western suburbs of Melbourne.

Interest/hobbies in life is anything and everything JDM. Constantly follow Speedhunters, NoriYaro, AE86DC and ghost JDMST, nissansilvia, SAU etc

Toyota man myself and wish one day soon to own a ST246 Caldina (for the mrs) and a JZX100 Cresta Mark II or M35 Stagea for a daily *dreams*

Love to smash about with my RC Drift TT-01 JZX100 Chaser mods include: Sport Tuned 21T plus heatsink, metal motor mount, CF topdeck, aluminum prop shaft/dogbones, metal ball bearings, adjustable suspension arms, ABS tires, aftermarket springs etc

Recently got into DJ'ing and rock out with CDJ900's, DJM800 and KRK Rokit 8 G2 studio monitors.

Also luurve smashing GT5 on PS3 and that can only be played on a Logitech G27 with custom cockpit... ZR1 RM ftw! PITA that people have hacked the PSN...grrr!

As for Nerf I got into it walking through K-Mart and spotted a $14 Maverick then made it my quest to 'catch them all' Favourite so far is the Alpha Trooper and the modded Maverick. Im a beginner when it comes to 'modding' but I would love to have a go at modding most, if not all, guns.

I've taken apart the Longshot to do the typical mods and then try to wrap my head around the internals and workings so I can do a brass breech. Only one Maverick has had the penny mod, AR removed and full swing mod. Intend on rebarrel-ing the Maverick when I can source 1/2'' pipe for the turret then I will probably mod the others like so.

Picked up some metal pegboards they were throwing away at work and have got them up to mount my collection. Will fab up a frame to have a static display going on. I still have x3 900x1150 and x6 700x1150 boards.

Anyhoo onto pics we all love pics

Western Suburbs 'o' Melbourne Nerfer IMG_4872

Arsenal:
    Longstrike
    Longshot (front gun now landfill)
    Recon x 4 (Big W online special)
    Alpha Trooper x2
    Magstrike x2
    Maverick x3
    Stampede
    Vulcan
    Barricade
    Spectre

Buzz Bee Tek 3 (daughters 'NERF')
    Buzz Bee Double Shot

Clips/Spares:
    18 Clip x4
    6 Clip x6
    25 Belt Refill
    Flip Clip connector
    Recon Barrel
    Laser w/ pressure sensor x2

Cheers
    Luke

Last edited by royal86 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Resize pic)
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Western Suburbs 'o' Melbourne Nerfer Empty Re: Western Suburbs 'o' Melbourne Nerfer

Post  clunk07 Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:36 pm

Hey, Welcome to OzNerf!!

You should really try re-barrelling that maverick with some PETG. If you look in the trading section, you'll find a thread by Inf0rm3r who sells both foam and petg, as well as some other funky stuff.

There's also a guide by TheBradl3s on how to complete the mod.

BTW - nice mounts. I've done similar, but with masonite pegboards. Would have liked to get metal boards like yours, but cost is a little bit of a hinderance.

Cheers,
    Xoenz
    Xoenz
    Donator
    Donator

Western Suburbs 'o' Melbourne Nerfer Empty Re: Western Suburbs 'o' Melbourne Nerfer

Post  Xoenz Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:43 pm

Nice collection there, you'll fit in here just fine

Hope you learn some more stuff to make your guns kick ass.

P.S i'm jelly of you peg board
    royal86
    royal86

Post  royal86 Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:14 pm

Thanks gents,

clunk07 - Hey thanks for that will look into Inf0rm3r's thread of goodies. I was wandering myself how much cashola metal boards would be and got a laugh when I went to Bunnings and saw the price...

Xoenz - I certainly hope to learn more too... *insert troll face* lol
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:28 pm

Oh dear lord St. Albans. In the first two weeks of living there my car got broken into.

Yeah, I'm not setting foot in that suburb unless I has a gun on me. On the plus side, you're not far off from Brimbank Park and such.
    royal86
    royal86

Post  royal86 Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:37 am

Haha yeah I can understand what you mean about St Albans... Im not too sure if being on the Kings Park side is of any concession. I try to keep to myself and don't venture out past sunlight lol.

redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:09 am

That's a great arsenal for someone who just joined Oznerf. Well done, everything looks nice and neat, but you havn't started to mod YET.

And Toyota? 1998 BMW 328i is the way to go
    royal86
    royal86

Post  royal86 Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:27 am

Hey thanks mate, I have been to nearly every K-Mart, Target, Big W and Toy's 'r' Us this side of the CBD to source all that gear. I doubt I will stop there though...

Would like to have atleast another 4-6 Alpha Trooper/ 4 more Longshot/ 2 more Longstrike/ 2-4 Deploy/ 1 more Barricade.

Then I'll chase down a couple of Raiders/ 2 Titan Unity Power Awesomness-thingy-ma-bobs and will forever be on the lookout for more 18 clips...

But when you look at it that way I spose people waste spend there money on more useless things then that. Cheap fun is the way I see it.

Oh and if I was to swing EUDM it will be either Mercedes-Benz 190 EVO II (if only we could import?) or Audi RS6 Avant (V10, Bi Turbo, AWD) BANG!
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:34 am

Some very nice cars. Sounds like you have a lot of buying to do! You can always post in the "Want to buy" Thread in the trades section of this forum. People making money, people quitting nerf - theres a lot of blasters out there. If you have cash to splurge, it might be worth getting some vintage blasters like the Airtech series or the SuperMaxx ones. Will always add some awesomeness to your arsenal.
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:56 am

Hey man.

I myself am on the west side, Taylor lakes about 5 minutes away.

Lol I have a grandma in the ghetto down there.

Hope to see you at a war.

royal86
    royal86

Post  royal86 Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:40 am

I've been reading about these Airtech and SuperMaxx series, maybe I should invest some time and moolah into these...

You cant buy awesomeness on special at IGA! lol
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:47 am

Lol IGA.

Anyways airtech can easily be purchased from ebay but The SuperMaxx blasters are a lot harder to come by and are expensive.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:49 pm