Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+9
bulletproofvest
melbnerf619
redcricket077
RL
Unknown
bakabill
littlebro05
oxymoron
lefty
13 posters

MegaStrike (mega missile/magstrike reshell)

lefty
    lefty

MegaStrike (mega missile/magstrike reshell) Empty MegaStrike (mega missile/magstrike reshell)

Post  lefty Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:20 am

At a recent war, mavrickman brought along a Megamissile re-shelled into a Magstrike. This was amazingly comfortable and easy to use so I thought I would knock one up and share it with you.

This is a really basic mod and could be achieved by a beginner with the right tools.

Parts.
    Magstrike shell
    Mega missile tank
    Pump of your choice (I used a repco dual action)
    5mm vinyl tube (I used the tubing left over from a Shotblast mod)
    RSCB (I make them from 20mm pressure pipe. look up RSCB in the search box)

Tools.

Rotary tool (dremel)
    Hot glue gun
    Screw driver

The first thing to do is make a RSCB I won't go into detail about this as there are already write ups detailing how to build them.

MegaStrike (mega missile/magstrike reshell) Img_0518

Take your megamissile and cut the pump shaft down like so. It should be cut to a size that fits neatly into the magstrike clip space.

MegaStrike (mega missile/magstrike reshell) Img_0510

Next cut the end of the pump off and carefully glue it into the cut down pump shaft. Ensure you get a neat finish with a total seal. You must have a clean cavity in the pump shaft free of glue after this or your mod will not work.

MegaStrike (mega missile/magstrike reshell) Img_0511

Drill a hole into the cavity of the pump shaft to take the new pump hose. In this case I've reused some hose from a shotblast but a sturdy vinyl hose like 5mm pressure pipe will work just as well. The pressure pipe can be sourced from a home brew store as keg line.

MegaStrike (mega missile/magstrike reshell) Img_0512

Place the RSCB and tank into position then mark and grind the shell as required to fit the RSCB neatly.

MegaStrike (mega missile/magstrike reshell) Img_0514

The vinyl hose is pushed into the pump. I then sealed with a little hot glue to hold firmly.

MegaStrike (mega missile/magstrike reshell) Img_0515

The tubing is then pushed in the hole in the pump shaft cavity and sealed with hot glue. Be very careful to not melt your tubing with your hot glue (my gun gets really hot). Now place the whole assembly into the magstrike shell. I have trimmed the pump a little to fit.

MegaStrike (mega missile/magstrike reshell) Img_0516

I have hooked the trigger straight over with a couple of cable ties but neglected to take a photo, sorry. Wire or something similar would have been better.

MegaStrike (mega missile/magstrike reshell) Img_0517

The end result is a seriously comfortable blaster with good range, but not to OP, so good for general warring. I would put the power on par with a ShotBlast. Ranges are around the 120ft mark and the accuracy is good. The RSCB holds six darts and to achieve this I have moved the barrel quite forward of the T coupler. This dose create some dead space but I don't think it's noticeable in the scheme of things.

Last edited by lefty on Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

MegaStrike (mega missile/magstrike reshell) Empty Re: MegaStrike (mega missile/magstrike reshell)

Post  oxymoron Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:13 am

Love it! It would be cool to see it taken one step leap further using the magstrike bladder as storage for a 3-4 shot semi-auto blaster.
    If only I didn't throw all my old magstrike stuff away.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

MegaStrike (mega missile/magstrike reshell) Empty Re: MegaStrike (mega missile/magstrike reshell)

Post  littlebro05 Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:35 am

I'll throw this one into the modifications directory. Looks really easy to make. If only I didn't trade my mega missile tank away :(. Oh well.
    bakabill
    bakabill

Post  bakabill Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:20 am

Looks great Lefty!

I have a spare MM and MS lying around, I think I'll give this a go and try to incorporate the stock MS pump and bladder.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:35 am

I loved the look of this gun at Thanh's war and I'd like to try one myself : )

The only question I have is, does the slightly angled barrel effect accuracy?
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:51 am

Unknown wrote:I loved the look of this gun at Thanh's war and I'd like to try one myself : )

The only question I have is, does the slightly angled barrel effect accuracy?

No, you angle the gun so when you shoot it, the barrel is at the desired angle you want.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:55 am

Thanks 2120, but I was looking for his opinion after he used it yesterday. I imagine trying to change the angle would become a nuisance after a while, although it would be an easy fix if needed.
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:43 am

The final thing looks so nice and clean. Everything fits nicely inside that shell, good job!
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:51 am

Aww. If only I had a magstrike shell or a Maga Missle

-James
    lefty
    lefty

Post  lefty Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:58 am

Unknown wrote:Thanks 2120, but I was looking for his opinion after he used it yesterday. I imagine trying to change the angle would become a nuisance after a while, although it would be an easy fix if needed.

Once you use it a couple of times it seemed pretty easy to line up a target, so no the angle didn't bother me. I loaned it out for most of the day and got some pretty good feed back.

@ Oxymoron Yep thought of that and had the parts but not the time, this was a really quick and simple reshell.
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:46 pm

This is amazing Looks beast! Awesome job
    makeitgo
    makeitgo

Post  makeitgo Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:15 pm

It's a nice clean mod but I noticed you used the OPV valve from the MM pump to regulate pressure. I don't know if you have the rest of the Magstrike but It would be interesting if you could utilize the 'bladder' from the magstrike to create a sort of air tank reserve. Theoretically, with around 15 to 20 pumps to fill the bladder, you could fire off 4 to 6 shots without having to pump again. A sort of semi-auto.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:22 am

makeitgo wrote:It's a nice clean mod but I noticed you used the OPV valve from the MM pump to regulate pressure. I don't know if you have the rest of the Magstrike but It would be interesting if you could utilize the 'bladder' from the magstrike to create a sort of air tank reserve. Theoretically, with around 15 to 20 pumps to fill the bladder, you could fire off 4 to 6 shots without having to pump again. A sort of semi-auto.

Haha that reminds me of my 'air gun days' when I was in high school. When you have two seperate air tanks. (I know I'm repeating what you're saying MIG, but I think this is how it works). You have two air tanks. One high pressure and the other has zero pressure and is linked together. There is like a ball valve connecting the both of them. You opened the valve to fill the zero pressure tank.

The only problem is that one tank has to be bigger than the other to make it work effectively. The bigger tank is the 'reservoir tank'. You'll lose pressure over time, but air can do alot of things with nerf darts, you don't need that much pressure to fire a dart far.

makeitgo
    makeitgo

Post  makeitgo Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:32 am

Hey littlebro, here's a video of what I was trying to explain. It's by SGNerf.

littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:43 am

Ah man that was a mindf*ck. I'm trying to develop another 'semi-auto' system that is really easy to build. I just need to find time to start on it... Probably summer holidays. ><.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:59 am

I've been looking at a similar set-up for a LongStrike.

Just haven't had time to explore it fully.

Back OT, Nice work there Lefty, looks awesome. Might be time to start hunting around for some MM's.

Cheers,
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:39 am

Wow MIG thanks for sharing that vid. Having butchered my old MS I know those bladders can inflate to like 2 or 3 times the volume shown there. Scary stuff.
    mavrick man
    mavrick man

Post  mavrick man Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:15 am

Glad you've used that mega missile and made our creation into some thing more.
    lefty
    lefty

Post  lefty Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:26 am

makeitgo wrote:It's a nice clean mod but I noticed you used the OPV valve from the MM pump to regulate pressure. I don't know if you have the rest of the Magstrike but It would be interesting if you could utilize the 'bladder' from the magstrike to create a sort of air tank reserve. Theoretically, with around 15 to 20 pumps to fill the bladder, you could fire off 4 to 6 shots without having to pump again. A sort of semi-auto.

Thanks MIG. The OPV is used just to seal the pump shaft so it is totally glued air tight.
    Yes there is enough parts in the MS to create a sort of semi auto the valve that is activated by the trigger in the MS could be used to equalize the pressure from the bladder easily.
    The goal of this mod was two fold the first was to build a clean stock looking blaster the second was time, this mod took less than 45 minutes and could be done in half that time.

@Mavrickman I hope you like it with out all the hot glue all over the place
    Thanks for the idea!
    lefty
    lefty

Post  lefty Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:34 am

bakabill wrote:Looks great Lefty!

I have a spare MM and MS lying around, I think I'll give this a go and try to incorporate the stock MS pump and bladder.

Go for a pump replacement as the right pump will make the difference between four pumps or twenty four.

Sorry for the double post.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:11 am

lefty wrote:
    bakabill wrote:Looks great Lefty!

Go for a pump replacement as the right pump will make the difference between four pumps or twenty four.

Sorry for the double post.

You've inspired me. I've just bought a MM from Amazon!! haha

Cheers,

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:47 am