Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+99
Techie
inPhamous
ApoKalyptiK x
AbyssHD
night stalker
Sairex
likes2mod11
marnerf
sab754
lech
Mozart
cfb_rolley
Johnnus
holdentem
Rooksy
False
Napolean
Sadavi5
JacobYeah
SuctionCup
Joey
HamishM12399
SydneyNerfer
joshredder
Genacon
M@lew
spectre
Darth Lai
-mirsho
Strelok
DCman1314
mavshot
Reaper
Echoes
donks
NachoTaco
mavrick man
oxymoron
Xoenz
whebzy
Zandor
sir
Eclipse
jackson_mcp
GirlyGamer
jacko1120
Meek
Silent Scope
Keats
Jeo
Fuzzy Bunny
oznerfnerd
RetfirDMX
Nooft1187
SNIPER-X
Klosteral
Ungmon
Acerised
Bacara
LostBoy
Akimbo Assassin
mister_elliott
shadownerfer
zer0metal
whichgrep
Calico
Brunius
shacam
RePete
ZeusPwns
Dietzie
LJNERF
Swatsonia
TheTwist
Sparks
Kat
Unknown
thekungfunerfer
Bailey
mull
TooBz
boothy
camo1010
jordy_tha_ninja
Luke
abowden
littlebro05
melbnerf619
ElementGuy
evozn
Rocafix
chiiia
Pronga
ngengerous
RL
Arkham
clunk07
KingCam
103 posters

The Questions Thread.

Bailey
    Bailey

The Questions Thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: The Questions Thread.

Post  Bailey Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:15 am

Bailey wrote:Also remember that there will be a certain amount of air loss with an RSCB, due to dead space in the clip. I think you would probably get better ranges quadded, but its all down to how many shots you want and your personal style.

ALso, inline clips tend to be quite large if you want a good ammo capacity.

For example, my cobra has an RSCB with a 12 inch clip and a 12 inch barrel. At the moment my barrel sits just in front of where the air is released, while my clip sits along the length of the blaster(out the back). An inline clip of same dimensions would stick out 2 feet from the front of my blaster, which means very hard to wield!
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:50 pm

From Shadownerfer:

Hey can some one tell me what temp to get a glue gun at and where to get it.

-Hussein

Shadownerfer - I've moved your post from the other thread, as it has no place there.

Toobz also replied that you should get a low-temp gun, and they're available from craft stores, which is really good advice.

Cheers,

Last edited by clunk07 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:51 pm

Save up your money, and get a Dremel glue gun.

Has variable low and high temp, good quality, uses the larger diameter glue sticks.

Available from Bunning's, Mitre 10, various other hardware stores, and numerous online stores.

cheers,

Post  238232 Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:52 pm

@Hussein, read the thread over on AN. Specifically the post above your last one on that thread, and the two below them...
    jordy_tha_ninja
    jordy_tha_ninja

The Questions Thread. - Page 4 Empty Nerf Stmapede

Post  jordy_tha_ninja Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:35 pm

Hey all, I just recently bought a Stampede. And I modded it tonight, and was wondering if anyone else noticed that after AR removal the darts seem to fishtail alot less(with Streamlines). I was also wondering if anyone sells a Stampede mod kit(New battery+charger, and a spring repalcement/addition.) Thanks for all your help.

Jordy
    chiiia
    chiiia

Post  chiiia Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:46 pm

jordy_tha_ninja wrote:Hey all, I just recently bought a Stampede. And I modded it tonight, and was wondering if anyone else noticed that after AR removal the darts seem to fishtail alot less(with Streamlines). I was also wondering if anyone sells a Stampede mod kit(New battery+charger, and a spring repalcement/addition.) Thanks for all your help.

Jordy

Hmmm that's odd, when I AR'ed my Stampede it seemed to fishtail a lot MORE. Also about the mod kit, you could buy batteries and chargers from Clunk, if he's selling, for the spring you could talk to Servulus. He has quite the reputation about his springs. If you want to go to online shops, for the batts and charger you go to DealExtreme, although for mine it's been about 3 weeks and its still not here for the spring you could go to BT. They have an upgrade kit with spring, padding and o-ring.
    ZeusPwns
    ZeusPwns

Post  ZeusPwns Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:53 pm

Hey guys,

Is there any way you would be able to single a Hornet?

EDIT: A price check on the following.

Nerf Titan
    Nerf Hornet
    Nerf Scout
    Nerf Nitefinder
    Nerf Secret Strike

A price for all =

Thanks./
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:42 pm

ZeusPwns wrote:Hey guys,

Is there any way you would be able to single a Hornet?

EDIT: A price check on the following.

Nerf Titan
    Nerf Hornet
    Nerf Scout
    Nerf Nitefinder
    Nerf Secret Strike

A price for all =

Thanks./

Yes, you can definitely single a Hornet, though I can't imagine why you would want to. It's definitely not a beginner's mod though. Remove all the tanks except for one. You'd probably want to relocate that tank to be in the middle of the front of the shell. You'll need a nylon/brass t-piece. Run some vinyl tubing from the pump to the T. Run another line of tubing from the T to your single hornet BP tank. Run another line from the last part of the T to a QEV valve (from the Hornet), and glue the QEV behind the trigger. Glue a nub to the trigger, so it activates the QEV when you squeeze it. Remove the AR from the Hornet tank (that's the really hard part), and add a coupler to the tank. Make yourself a barrel from material of choice - you'll only want a barrel about 15cm long. Put it all back together, and you'll have an air blaster that should theoretically shoot about 60 feet. Quite a fair bit of work for not much benefit.

All prices are Brand new out of box:

Nerf Titan - $25
    Nerf Hornet - $10
    Nerf Scout - $5
    Nerf Nitefinder - $9
    Nerf Secret Strike - $4

Cheers,
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:55 pm

Hey guys can some on tell me where to get a low temp glue gun.

Post  238232 Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:35 pm

shadownerfer wrote:Hey guys can some on tell me where to get a low temp glue gun.

clunk07 wrote:From Shadownerfer:

Hey can some one tell me what temp to get a glue gun at and where to get it.

-Hussein

Shadownerfer - I've moved your post from the other thread, as it has no place there.

Toobz also replied that you should get a low-temp gun, and they're available from craft stores, which is really good advice.

Cheers,

clunk07 wrote:Save up your money, and get a Dremel glue gun.

Has variable low and high temp, good quality, uses the larger diameter glue sticks.

Available from Bunning's, Mitre 10, various other hardware stores, and numerous online stores.

cheers,

238232 wrote:@Hussein, read the thread over on AN. Specifically the post above your last one on that thread, and the two below them...
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Thanks 238232 - saved me a lot of effort!!!

Cheers,
    ZeusPwns
    ZeusPwns

Post  ZeusPwns Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:53 am

Hey guys,

I'm going to BigW today, to purchase some vortex blasters. Although I'm unsure whether to get a Nitron and a Praxis or just 2 Praxis'.

What would you do?
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:59 am

I think you should attend a war, borrow a few blasters and stop buying ones that you won't want after a month. Then buy a stampede, megamissile, tripleshot, longshot or alpha trooper (depending on your play style and budget) and gradually replace parts based again on your budget and capability. For example if you buy a stampede, you won't want to upgrade the spring until you've done a power supply upgrade because the new spring probably won't run on 9v alkaline. For a longhshot you'll go boltsled reinforcement, springs upgrade, breech upgrade. A brass breech will only get you 70ft with the stock spring, and the boltsled will break if you don't reinforce it first. That's just the best order to do those mods in.

The added benefit of THINKING CAREFULLY ABOUT WHAT YOU BUY is that you'll stop annoying me with your grovelling sales threads.

Earlier someone asked about the benefits of RSCB over inlines. On an RSCB you don't need to remove the barrel assembly to reload, just the endcap. Yeah you get a little extra deadspace but imo speed beats power every time.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:08 am

mister_elliott wrote:For a longhshot you'll go boltsled reinforcement, springs upgrade, breech upgrade. A brass breech will only get you 70ft with the stock spring

No it won't. You need stronger spring on top of brass breech to hit 70ft, stock spring is just too piss weak.
    LostBoy
    LostBoy

Post  LostBoy Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:04 am

How do i fix a SS-PB Air Leak?!
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:40 am

Quite a few ways really

Submerge it underwater, then you'll find where the leak is coming from, then you can JB weld it

Or buy a new one
    Bacara
    Bacara

Post  Bacara Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:42 am

1. Take SSPB
    2. Throw SSPB into incinerator
    3. Buy new SSPB
    4. ????
    5. PROFIT!!!!!!
    Brunius

Post  Brunius Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:48 am

Honestly, why bother? Just grab a new one. They're what $3?
    LostBoy
    LostBoy

Post  LostBoy Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:04 pm

Never mind anymore.

I modded it, and suction cups werent shooting thats why i thought there was a leak. Turns out its can only shoot streamlines.
    RePete
    RePete

The Questions Thread. - Page 4 Empty Why wont heavy siltips load in a stock alpha trooper?

Post  RePete Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:34 pm

This has me puzzled

I know they will be too heavy to achieve any range but I was trying to test some heavy sillies on blue foam in a stock alpha trooper and they seem to jam

The snap caps on the same blue foam seem to load perfectly but the sillies keep squashing

I am thinking it has somthing to do with the dart peg which is still in the gun as the AR's are not removed

Any Ideas?

After heavily modding my LS I am leaning back toward stock guns for my 8 year old and his mates to play with and am looking for a sutable dart that wont have kids in tears or going home with welts. Stingers sem to work really well in the stock guns but can be a little rough on younger kids if they get it in the neck or another soft spot

I am eagerly waiting for informers gen2 lite tips to be released and have some ferdelance darts coming from BT but I'd be interested to hear if anyone understands what I am trying to achive and has some advice?

Cheers

clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:38 pm

RePete wrote:This has me puzzled

I know they will be too heavy to achieve any range but I was trying to test some heavy sillies on blue foam in a stock alpha trooper and they seem to jam

The snap caps on the same blue foam seem to load perfectly but the sillies keep squashing

I am thinking it has somthing to do with the dart peg which is still in the gun as the AR's are not removed

Any Ideas?

After heavily modding my LS I am leaning back toward stock guns for my 8 year old and his mates to play with and am looking for a sutable dart that wont have kids in tears or going home with welts. Stingers sem to work really well in the stock guns but can be a little rough on younger kids if they get it in the neck or another soft spot

I am eagerly waiting for informers gen2 lite tips to be released and have some ferdelance darts coming from BT but I'd be interested to hear if anyone understands what I am trying to achive and has some advice?

Cheers

Mate, without having any darts sitting beside me...

I do recall that the sili-tips on blue foam are longer than stinger's (obviously), but I can't remember if they're a little bit longer than stock streamline's. That may be causing them to jam maybe??

Your best bet is going to be waiting for the Gen2 Litesili's, like you mentioned. Nothing else is going to give you the accuracy, without the pain factor.

Cheers,
    RePete
    RePete

Post  RePete Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:56 pm

[/quote]

Mate, without having any darts sitting beside me...

I do recall that the sili-tips on blue foam are longer than stinger's (obviously), but I can't remember if they're a little bit longer than stock streamline's. That may be causing them to jam maybe??

Your best bet is going to be waiting for the Gen2 Litesili's, like you mentioned. Nothing else is going to give you the accuracy, without the pain factor.

Cheers,[/quote]

Thanks Clunk

I did try that, I cut the sili down to the same length as the stinger and still had the same problem which is why I am puzzled. I'm wondering if lite silis will have the same problem

I kind of like the anti dry fire system for the kids but I guess they would be hard pressed to break a padded plunger with a standard spring

I guess we might have to stick with streamlines and enjoy the randomness they add to a war LOL

Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:00 pm

RePete wrote:This has me puzzled

Any Ideas?

I just tested the heavy silitips in my modded AT (AR removed and has stronger BT spring), they fires fine.

Maybe you should at least remove the AR but keep the stock spring if you don't want it to be a lot more powerful than stock form.
    RePete
    RePete

Post  RePete Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:10 pm

?[/quote]
    Maybe you should at least remove the AR but keep the stock spring if you don't want it to be a lot more powerful than stock form.
    [/quote]

I'm thinking I will have to do this but it's just puzzling as to why the darts seem to squash as you close the breech. Stingers using the same foam seem to fit in the breech fine but the sili darts look tight and crush as you close the breech

Just trying to work out whats happening

RL
    RL

Post  RL Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:39 pm

LostBoy wrote:Never mind anymore.

I modded it, and suction cups werent shooting thats why i thought there was a leak. Turns out its can only shoot streamlines.

From a test just now.. mine can shoot suctions, whistlers and blue foam :S.. not too sure what's wrong with yours.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:30 pm

Just tried a couple of stock AT's with heavy sili's in the 18-rd drum, and no issues with jamming etc from 3 full drums.

Maybe you've got a dud blaster?!?

Cheers,
    jordy_tha_ninja
    jordy_tha_ninja

Post  jordy_tha_ninja Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:35 pm

chiiia wrote:
    jordy_tha_ninja wrote:Hey all, I just recently bought a Stampede. And I modded it tonight, and was wondering if anyone else noticed that after AR removal the darts seem to fishtail alot less(with Streamlines). I was also wondering if anyone sells a Stampede mod kit(New battery+charger, and a spring repalcement/addition.) Thanks for all your help.

Jordy

Hmmm that's odd, when I AR'ed my Stampede it seemed to fishtail a lot MORE. Also about the mod kit, you could buy batteries and chargers from Clunk, if he's selling, for the spring you could talk to Servulus. He has quite the reputation about his springs. If you want to go to online shops, for the batts and charger you go to DealExtreme, although for mine it's been about 3 weeks and its still not here for the spring you could go to BT. They have an upgrade kit with spring, padding and o-ring.

Thanks heaps, i will see what their prices and stuff are
    evozn
    evozn

Post  evozn Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:30 pm

Hello from Asia, would anyone know does Vietnam and hong kong sell nerf, buzz bee, airzone, so on and if so where, I know only of Disneyland and tru in hong kong should but anywhere else? The streets of Vietnam where I am is like mods galour, pipes of all sorts everywhere, tools as well, as for the pipes I'm not sure is it cpvc, could be tho.
    RePete
    RePete

Post  RePete Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:59 am

clunk07 wrote:Just tried a couple of stock AT's with heavy sili's in the 18-rd drum, and no issues with jamming etc from 3 full drums.

Maybe you've got a dud blaster?!?

Cheers,

Hey Clunk

I started to suspect it was the drum mag as the last dart always jammed even with stingers so I pulled the drum apart and while trying to figure out how the spring works I pulled the dart feeder all the way back and "SPRING" the first thing I thought was "OH Shit" looking at the tangled mess of spring steel strip I was thinking I had stuffed it.

Anyhow after about 10 minutes I had untangled the mess and got it rolled back onto the dart feeder.

I tried the top half of the mag without the drum and it seemed to feed fine. When I put the drum back on the jamming returned. Slide the drum off anf the top half of the mag feeds fine, put the drum back on and it jams

Then I notice when I get a jamb if I drop the drum out of the blaster the dart pops up into place so I figure the mag case is sqeezing against the black sliding dart feeder.

I pulled the mag apart again and lightly sand the two raised rails on the inside of the mag and it looks like I've solved my mystery. I can now slamfire a full drum of silis without failure and the last darts feeds fine

Finally I can see why the AT is a popular blaster because until now its been a frustrating peice of plastic

Thanks for your help
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:53 am

Hey RePete,

Good to hear that you got it sorted.

The AT's can be a pain in the ass with any mod's, as I've found them to be a bit finicky with all the lock's etc etc. But, when you get them working properly, they are a handy bit of kit.

Cheers,
    ZeusPwns
    ZeusPwns

Post  ZeusPwns Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:20 am

Hey guys, I've got the Praxis and Nitron, and want extra clips and discs, any where I can get them? Cant even find them on ebay!

Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:24 am

Refills will not be available until November.

We're all waiting, mate.
    ZeusPwns
    ZeusPwns

Post  ZeusPwns Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:26 am

LOL. Okay cool, good to know, Thanks.
    jordy_tha_ninja
    jordy_tha_ninja

The Questions Thread. - Page 4 Empty lol

Post  jordy_tha_ninja Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:23 pm

2120 wrote:Quite a few ways really

Submerge it underwater, then you'll find where the leak is coming from, then you can JB weld it

Or buy a new one
    I think a new sspb would cost less than the tube of j b
    Acerised
    Acerised

Post  Acerised Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:40 pm

Whats the Specs of a full c-836 spring? (Kg, length and OD)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:17 am