Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

5 posters

Scout IX-3 ultra cheap and simple twin tactical light intergration. (dollar shop mini torches)

ucwepn
    ucwepn

Scout IX-3 ultra cheap and simple twin tactical light intergration. (dollar shop mini torches) Empty Scout IX-3 ultra cheap and simple twin tactical light intergration. (dollar shop mini torches)

Post  ucwepn Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:52 am

Hi guys not really a hardcore modder by any stretch of the imagination but I had this idea last night and today put it into action courtesy of my local dollar store, this is a simple mod which was well within my lack of skills lol.
    First I bought 2x 5 led mini torches around the size of nerf darts (they are a couple of mm bigger in diameter), I then removed the useless keychain attachments from the mini torches, then I rotary tooled the dart holders on the blaster slightly larger in diameter at the openings and further inside on the top and bottoms, kept checking the fit as I went and I finally got a very snug fit as you twist the mini torches in to the former dart holders. Pushed them in up to the buttons and its great for a $3 investment. fairly bright and intimidating for stalking around the house hehe. Will be intergrating some kind of dart holder on the side and doing a simple paint job so will update as I go, it already has the air restrictor drilled out and the spring compressed by 1cm at the rear.

If the button was removed and relocated or a new button/switch added they could slide all the way in and look neater but I'm happy with how it is at the moment.

any comments welcome and thanks for looking.

Scout IX-3 ultra cheap and simple twin tactical light intergration. (dollar shop mini torches) 2011-11-23112150

https://2img.net/h/i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo121/ucwepn05/2011-11-20141641.jpg
    https://2img.net/h/i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo121/ucwepn05/2011-11-20141529.jpg
    https://2img.net/h/i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo121/ucwepn05/2011-11-20141549.jpg
    https://2img.net/h/i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo121/ucwepn05/2011-11-20141604.jpg

Last edited by ucwepn on Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    JacobYeah
    JacobYeah

Scout IX-3 ultra cheap and simple twin tactical light intergration. (dollar shop mini torches) Empty Re: Scout IX-3 ultra cheap and simple twin tactical light intergration. (dollar shop mini torches)

Post  JacobYeah Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:38 am

Is it too front heavy?

And what happens when the batteries die?
    ucwepn
    ucwepn

Scout IX-3 ultra cheap and simple twin tactical light intergration. (dollar shop mini torches) Empty Re: Scout IX-3 ultra cheap and simple twin tactical light intergration. (dollar shop mini torches)

Post  ucwepn Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:49 am

I would chuck them away when they die and put new torches in they cost $1.45 each, they are very light can hardly notice they are there. they are held in by the shell its a very snug fit had to twist them in hard to get them in, I was running around outside with the kids and the lights never moved a mm.

Have taken the dart holder from my parts nitefinder and have seperated the holder into 2 smaller holders that holds 4 darts and am going to side mount them on each side (2 darts per side) with epoxy and matte black the whole thing.

like this sort of

Scout IX-3 ultra cheap and simple twin tactical light intergration. (dollar shop mini torches) 2011-11-20175808
    Scout IX-3 ultra cheap and simple twin tactical light intergration. (dollar shop mini torches) 2011-11-20175744

Last edited by ucwepn on Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:00 am

I'm adding a torch to one of my Scouts atm also, larger than the dart holder, I'm hoping it will work. Give it that sweet TV / Movie look.
    ucwepn
    ucwepn

Post  ucwepn Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:05 am

GirlyGamer wrote:I'm adding a torch to one of my Scouts atm also, larger than the dart holder, I'm hoping it will work. Give it that sweet TV / Movie look.
    I'm sure it will be excellent, all your mods are excellent
    GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:11 am

You my friend are far too kind.. thank you. I never saw the images when I replied, they weren't there... nice find on the torches. I had one of those and pulled it to pieces to use the triple LED in a prop I was making... bright for such a tiny torch. I'm pretty sure I paid about 3 bucks for it in my 'dollar store', so good find for you.
    ucwepn
    ucwepn

Post  ucwepn Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:33 am

GirlyGamer wrote:You my friend are far too kind.. thank you. I never saw the images when I replied, they weren't there... nice find on the torches. I had one of those and pulled it to pieces to use the triple LED in a prop I was making... bright for such a tiny torch. I'm pretty sure I paid about 3 bucks for it in my 'dollar store', so good find for you.

Its true though i've seen allot of your stuff and its beyond impressive, this is going to be my 1st paintjob so just going for a simple matte black all over including the torches.

yep something weird happened with the first images I uploaded hence the oldschool links lol
    ucwepn
    ucwepn

Post  ucwepn Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:23 am

Have dismantled and sanded, also epoxy'd the dart holders on. so waiting for tomorrow to paint :), hope it looks ok lol

Scout IX-3 ultra cheap and simple twin tactical light intergration. (dollar shop mini torches) 2011-11-21172702
    Scout IX-3 ultra cheap and simple twin tactical light intergration. (dollar shop mini torches) 2011-11-21172647
    JacobYeah
    JacobYeah

Post  JacobYeah Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:41 am

ok then, looks like im off to the torch shop, maybe some leds...
    ucwepn
    ucwepn

Post  ucwepn Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:45 am

ok dusted it all clean with vacuum cleaner brush attachment then wiped the whole thing down with methylated spirits and when it was dry I layed down about 5-6 light coats of aussie export matte black waiting for a few mins between coats. going to let it dry until tomorrow. hope it all turns out ok lol.

edit: oh while it was all apart again I epoxy'd the 2 air holes on the plunger.
    ucwepn
    ucwepn

Post  ucwepn Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:38 am

Woooohooo all done, have to say you other guys make it look easy when in reality its very hard to prep and paint. Being my 1st ever paintjob on a blaster i'm happy with the results (it could have been horrible lol). Still shoots properly I greased up all the moving parts during assembly, the paint picks up fingerprints too easily though although they do just wipe off.

thanks guys

Scout IX-3 ultra cheap and simple twin tactical light intergration. (dollar shop mini torches) 2011-11-23111627
    Scout IX-3 ultra cheap and simple twin tactical light intergration. (dollar shop mini torches) 2011-11-23111748
    Scout IX-3 ultra cheap and simple twin tactical light intergration. (dollar shop mini torches) 2011-11-23112210
    Scout IX-3 ultra cheap and simple twin tactical light intergration. (dollar shop mini torches) 2011-11-23112150
    Scout IX-3 ultra cheap and simple twin tactical light intergration. (dollar shop mini torches) 2011-11-23112228

littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:30 am

I hope you're not planning to bring this to a war. It's pretty realistic looking even with an orange tip.
    GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:37 am

I like it and the LED integration is inspired (as I think I said). For a first attempt this is great... oh and really neat sanding job too, no easy task if you haven't done it before Looks like it would fit into an episode of "Terra Nova" no problem.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:42 am

Yes, it would be a great movie prop! Since we can't get replicas here without a license generally.
    ucwepn
    ucwepn

Post  ucwepn Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:06 am

Thanks guys yep I'm not into the wars to be honest but for running around our property with the kids its fun (mainly for up on the wall though) but it does hold 4 darts + 1 in the barrel so a good little secondary for cqb's.
    And no I wouldn't go taking it out in public haha.

Planning to do upside down maverick intergration onto the front of the longshot next and paint that, internal mods are already done and have proven reliable (needed to be sure because going to epoxy them together hehe), just need to work out the intergration part.

Scout IX-3 ultra cheap and simple twin tactical light intergration. (dollar shop mini torches) 2011-11-23131713
    Scout IX-3 ultra cheap and simple twin tactical light intergration. (dollar shop mini torches) 2011-11-23131931
    Scout IX-3 ultra cheap and simple twin tactical light intergration. (dollar shop mini torches) 2011-11-23132013
    spectre
    spectre

Post  spectre Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:26 am

I am not a huge fan of those triple 5mm LED lights (or black nerf guns) but they really look the part integrated on this scout... good job!
    ucwepn
    ucwepn

Post  ucwepn Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:39 am

thanks spectre it turned out much better than I expected. looks good up on the wall, got my eye on one of those smith and wesson m1911 foam dart guns from BT to hang next to it hehe.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:58 pm