Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

2 posters

LongStrike Review-The Cool, Compact, Short-Range Star!

LegionOfShadows
    LegionOfShadows

LongStrike Review-The Cool, Compact, Short-Range Star! Empty LongStrike Review-The Cool, Compact, Short-Range Star!

Post  LegionOfShadows Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:09 pm

The LongStrike was my first Nerf blaster. I had high hopes for it, and honestly, those hopes were reached. But...not in a way you'd expect.

The Cool,Compact,Short Range Star!

LongStrike Review-The Cool, Compact, Short-Range Star! Nerf-longstrike-cs-6

The first thign I did with the longstrike was make a mistake. Being a conceited twelve year old, I made a mistake with the bolt, putting it in the spot, but not in the...plunger...thign(I know nothign about how nerf works.)Yea, I had to unscrew it, then try again. Thank god.

The Stock.

My first impression before I even fired it was it was a COMFORTABLE blaster. You don't really see too many epicly comfortable, sturdy stocks these days(Raider's and Lognstrike's pop to mind as sturdy and comfortable.) I was actually impressed by the ranges. I got the good rifle. Angled slightly, it could hit 40 feet. I'm so lucky.

LongStrike Review-The Cool, Compact, Short-Range Star! Nerf+Longstrike+CS-6+-+09

The Ranges.

I hear people talk about how the barrel extension amkes it sh*tty, and it does. Some aslo say that sicne its a sniper rifle, taking off the logn barrel removes the point fo ti beign a sniper. Would a Marksmans Rfile do it for you? Or Carbine? Anyhow, the flip up sights are also pretty good. Admittedly, they are as ugly as that witch in your basement, but they do the job for me. Pretty good, too.

Other

First, ammo capacity. With two spare clips, it can last you a good time in a firefight.

Second, size. It is the most compact RIFLE I have used. Comfortable, well fitting, and compact, if I haven't said so.

Something other than a sniper rifle...

Lets face it, its not really gonna be a good sniper. With that in mind, lets see what we can do with it. Hmm, when modded, good ranges, you say? And yet, it is still epicly compact...you say. I know. Lets turn it into a stealth weapon.

The Longstrike functions better as a stealth weapon than, say, the lognshot(not turnign it into a lognstrike vs longshot thread.)You can easily hide it, it being non-intrusive, and with the ammo capaity and ranges you can get with this thing, perfect for a stealth mission and ambushes.

Overall, I give this blaster an 8/10. Perhaps possibly 1 point higher than it deserves, but this thing is still good in my book. Good ranges when modded, good ammo capacity, compact, comfortable, cool-looking, and rarely jams for me. I'd say 8/10 is fair.

And please don't flame me for liking it. From what I've seen of it(a few good battles)it performs well, its reliable, and all that jazz.

littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

LongStrike Review-The Cool, Compact, Short-Range Star! Empty Re: LongStrike Review-The Cool, Compact, Short-Range Star!

Post  littlebro05 Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:11 pm

It may be good in a spring battle, but within a more powerful battle, it will be likely rendered useless. Glad you like it though.
    LegionOfShadows
    LegionOfShadows

LongStrike Review-The Cool, Compact, Short-Range Star! Empty Reply

Post  LegionOfShadows Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:17 pm

Well, fi its rendered useless, there's always the option of firing at the enemy. While they're laughing themselves to detah, finish them off at short-range.

And thats the guide to winnign with a pathetic short range gun.

Sponsored content

LongStrike Review-The Cool, Compact, Short-Range Star! Empty Re: LongStrike Review-The Cool, Compact, Short-Range Star!

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:41 am