Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

4 posters

Recon Barrel and Reflex IX-1 Integration

Matt The Sasquatch
    Matt The Sasquatch

Recon Barrel and Reflex IX-1 Integration Empty Recon Barrel and Reflex IX-1 Integration

Post  Matt The Sasquatch Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:38 pm

I will apologize up ahead for no pictures during the process because my camera at the time did not work, but the final product picture is pretty self explanatory.

All the materials I used are:
    1. Hack Saw
    2. Epoxy putty (I used the Quick Steel Epoxy Putty)
    3. Sand Paper
    4. Time and patience

So here's the how to.

1. Cut the Reflex handle just below the trigger.
    2. Sand the Reflex bottom where the cut was made for a smooth surface.
    3. Take the Reflex and Epoxy it on the bottom (or top) of the Recon Barrel. If you're placing it on the bottom, make sure the end of the handle is just in front of the tactical rail stop nub or else the Reflex plunger tube won't be able to fully come out when placed on a blaster, thus rendering the Reflex useless. If the Reflex is on top of the barrel, placement shouldn't be an issue.
    Recon Barrel and Reflex IX-1 Integration IMG_0103
    Recon Barrel and Reflex IX-1 Integration IMG_0104

Now, you may think why not make the Reflex detachable? It would be rather hard to make it detachable and still have clearance for the plunger tube. Plus, the Reflex has a tactical rail on it so the original functionality of the barrel is still there, just a blaster is added and the bottom tactical rail is a little lower.
    I do consider this a beginner integration as not much is being cut and it is quite simple to do. I would recommend this to any Nerfer who wants to start integration's. I'll probably be making a speed loader for the Reflex and slapping this on my Spectre along wit a string and key ring trigger at the Spectre handle. Would be a good primary for Humans Vs. Zombies.
    jonesy97
    jonesy97

Recon Barrel and Reflex IX-1 Integration Empty Re: Recon Barrel and Reflex IX-1 Integration

Post  jonesy97 Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:45 am

Very nice work. With a paintjob it could look even better as if it was meant to be there to start with.
    As you said this would be an awesome integration for beginners.
    Matt The Sasquatch
    Matt The Sasquatch

Recon Barrel and Reflex IX-1 Integration Empty Re: Recon Barrel and Reflex IX-1 Integration

Post  Matt The Sasquatch Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:03 am

I would paint it, but my campus doesn't allow painted blasters. But, when I'm out of college or no longer use that on campus for Humans Vs. Zombies, I will paint it.
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

Post  cfb_rolley Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:46 am

nice, pretty good for an inexpensive underbarrel blaster, you should post a pic of the barrel on the spectre
    sliceofpizza
    sliceofpizza

Recon Barrel and Reflex IX-1 Integration Empty integration questions

Post  sliceofpizza Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:48 pm

1.would it work if you broke the sight off the bad sight that came with the recon and put that reflex on?
    2.would it work if i kept the trigger/handle on and stuck the top underneath the barrel to provide grip and to prime it you pull the reflex forward?

My first post
    Matt The Sasquatch
    Matt The Sasquatch

Post  Matt The Sasquatch Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:25 pm

It would probably work if done correctly, or with the laser light, but mine have been modified so I cannot try it. If you wanted to, you could do that, but here's my issue with doing it that way. For one, you would have to push the Reflex forward in order to prime, so it may be rather difficult. And secondly, you would lose the use of another tactical rail, if you wanted to add a bipod or something to the tactical rail. Personally myself, I may go find a front grip or something to add to this blaster.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:00 am