Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

5 posters

Hey guys.

[G]
    [G]

Hey guys.  Empty Hey guys.

Post  [G] Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:30 pm

I've finally got around to actually signing up after lurking here for a while.

Anyway, I'm Jake although amongst most of my friends they refer to me as G, long story short it's because of my last name which no one can pronounce. I've been an avid nerfer for the past year or so, starting off with buying a couple of guns, tinkering with them and shooting my room mates to then finding a group with similar interests and attending nerf wars, extending my arsenal and attempting much more complicated mods.

My other hobbies include cars, electronics and woodworking, the wood working isn't your average cabinet building or construction, I make theatre props by commission, I've replicated a lot of weapons in the past 5 years, hand guns and swords are fairly common, I have now got a lot of interest from another group who are cosplay enthusiasts, so I get some odd requests on gravity/engineering/logic defying weapons from various anime. I have also had a few commissions which I have used various Nerf weapons as the base of the prop. Sadly some were no longer able to shoot, some others I have managed to reconfigure to still function.

My current armory is as follows:

1x Longshot (AR removal and plunger padding. W.I.P I have a lot more planned for this.)
    1x Stampede (AR removal, plunger padding, Black Tactical springs (unsure on the Kg load) and 19.4v battery pack)
    1x Recon (AR removal and plunger padding)
    1x Maverick (White out series, AR removal, penny/5c mod and swing out barrel)
    1x Raider (W.I.P at the moment, AR removal, plunger padding, looking at some cosmetic mods for this)
    1x Vulcan (Stock currently, awaiting arrival of after market motors and ramping up to about 24v)
    1x Vulcan (Cut down, was the base for a minigun I had built as a prototype, mechanical failures everywhere.)
    1x Magstrike(Stock, I like this gun for stuffing around with, but in a nerf war I am not a fan of it.)

I have others, but they are either in pieces because I needed parts or generally wanted to see how it worked and have been put on the back burner for me to rebuild again later and attempt to improve them, most of these are Buzz Bee guns.
    ZeusPwns
    ZeusPwns

Hey guys.  Empty Re: Hey guys.

Post  ZeusPwns Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:32 pm

Welcome mate!

Hope you enjoy being here, I was a longtime lurker before actually signing up too! Hi-5! Aahhaha.

- Zeus.
    _D_
    _D_

Post  _D_ Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:39 pm

Welcome G, I reckon you'll enjoy your time here. BTW thanks for the backstory. It helps people understand your skill level to a certain extent. Enjoy.
    IamWaylander
    IamWaylander

Post  IamWaylander Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:47 pm

Hey there!

Welcome to the forums. I noticed you have an Engineer as your display picture. Do you happen to play Team Fortress 2? If so, maybe we could add each other and have a game.

-Mickey
    [G]
    [G]

Post  [G] Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:16 pm

Cheers for the welcome guys.

@Mickey, Yeah I play a lot of TF2, in fact I play a lot of video games, but not as often as I'd like due to my day job and commission work.

If you want to hit me up on steam, my add is jake_gir(at)hotmail(dot)com

If you're in game, I'm sure I can drop in for a bit
    Acerised
    Acerised

Post  Acerised Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:59 pm

Hey Jake! Welcome to OZnerf Forums!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:09 am