Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+14
sniperdude49
Bacara
Philb2323
|Shadow|
littlebro05
Eclipse
inf0rm3r
JacobYeah
Joey
Dietzie
oznerfnerd
PhantomSambo
abowden
JayDesu
18 posters

Future of the Longshot CS-6 (from the horses mouth?)

Poll

Longshot...

[ 40 ]
    Future of the Longshot CS-6 (from the horses mouth?) Bar_left98%Future of the Longshot CS-6 (from the horses mouth?) Bar_right [98%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Future of the Longshot CS-6 (from the horses mouth?) Bar_left2%Future of the Longshot CS-6 (from the horses mouth?) Bar_right [2%] 

Total Votes: 41
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

Future of the Longshot CS-6 (from the horses mouth?) Empty Future of the Longshot CS-6 (from the horses mouth?)

Post  JayDesu Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:18 pm

abowden wrote:I hope they are right, because if I am right then long-shots will start becoming "that valuable blaster which is hard to come by" seriously, it is one of the best springers nerd ever made EVER. but nobody knows for sure, But according to my local toy world, they won't be able to get anymore in.

Ok this was discussed in a longshot sales thread on this site but I know it doesn't belong in trading. I love the Longshot to bits so I had to ask the question... And I did...

Future of the Longshot CS-6 (from the horses mouth?) Horses10

Stock up everyone! It will become a collectors item in the future.

Last edited by JayDesu on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grandmarr)
    abowden
    abowden

Future of the Longshot CS-6 (from the horses mouth?) Empty Re: Future of the Longshot CS-6 (from the horses mouth?)

Post  abowden Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:36 pm

R.I.P It will be missed, only now will we TRULY appreciate it for what it was.
    PhantomSambo
    PhantomSambo

Future of the Longshot CS-6 (from the horses mouth?) Empty Re: Future of the Longshot CS-6 (from the horses mouth?)

Post  PhantomSambo Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:43 pm

Comparable/equal worth to a BBB. Longshot, you will be missed. *manly tears*
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:04 pm

Yep,

That's a real bummer.

Why didn't they drop that long strike piece of shit instead...

I've got 2 nice one's with my ally pump brackets fitted (I'd better brass breach them), and 5 NIB's I'm going to hold.

A real bad decision I feel...
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:14 pm

We all knew the long-shot was a gone when the long-strike entered the picture, and the long-shot packaging wasn't updated there couldn't be two bolt-action snipers. Besides, the long strike looked cooler, and was more ergonomic, and seeing as NERF quote: "doesn't care about people who modify their blasters" it's downfall was inevitable.
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

Post  JayDesu Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:22 pm

Yeah I read the email on my phone at work and felt bummed for the rest of the day </3. The longstrike isn't even in the same league as the longshot. Totally no reason for them to discontinue the line.
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:30 pm

Please, please tell me you are trolling
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:32 pm

the evidence has been there for over a year, all guns get discontinued after a few years, that's one thing nerf can be relied upon to do.
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

Post  JayDesu Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:40 pm

Dietzie wrote:Please, please tell me you are trolling
    I wish I was. I reckon, next time there's a sale - BOOM, they're gone
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:14 pm

abowden wrote:We all knew the long-shot was a gone when the long-strike entered the picture, and the long-shot packaging wasn't updated there couldn't be two bolt-action snipers. Besides, the long strike looked cooler, and was more ergonomic, and seeing as NERF quote: "doesn't care about people who modify their blasters" it's downfall was inevitable.

The packaging was updated. I have a box right here where they removed "nerf's longest blaster" from the longshot box. This is why I knew they hadn't quite discontinued it yet, though it was obvious that numbers were running short. I guess it had a good run.
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:10 am

@ Joey Yes, but not recently, it was the only gun that never got the silver bar.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:53 am

abowden wrote:@ Joey Yes, but not recently, it was the only gun that never got the silver bar.
    Very true, I never made that connection.
    JacobYeah
    JacobYeah

Post  JacobYeah Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:11 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:33 am

The longshot was discontinued 2 years ago. The stock we are seeing of late is just what's left over from the runs.
    Eclipse
    Eclipse

Post  Eclipse Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:52 am

I'm headed down to Kmart in the next couple of days and buying 6. Literally.

EDIT: Its also gone from the Kmart website!!!! I'm seriously worried...
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

Post  JayDesu Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:28 pm

Eclipse wrote:I'm headed down to Kmart in the next couple of days and buying 6. Literally.

was also considering this... "need more gold"
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:48 pm

I already still got 3NIB longshots left. All good mate. Might get like the whole stockpile more though. In the future. $100 each on Ebay = winnah.
    |Shadow|
    |Shadow|

Post  |Shadow| Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:02 pm

Eclipse wrote:I'm headed down to Kmart in the next couple of days and buying 6. Literally.

EDIT: Its also gone from the Kmart website!!!! I'm seriously worried...

They are still on the BIGW website : )
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:55 pm

littlebro05 wrote:I already still got 3NIB longshots left. All good mate. Might get like the whole stockpile more though. In the future. $100 each on Ebay = winnah.

I saw one on ebay US for about $235!!!???

WTF??
    |Shadow|
    |Shadow|

Post  |Shadow| Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:34 am

oznerfnerd wrote:
    littlebro05 wrote:I already still got 3NIB longshots left. All good mate. Might get like the whole stockpile more though. In the future. $100 each on Ebay = winnah.

I saw one on ebay US for about $235!!!???

WTF??

WTF alright, was that a blue one or just standard yellow n-strike?
    Philb2323
    Philb2323

Future of the Longshot CS-6 (from the horses mouth?) Empty Longshot alternatives

Post  Philb2323 Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:13 am

So the best alternative to a highly modded LS, (staying with springers) once they are gone, would likely be modified shadow hawks? Anybody else have any light to shed on this?

Last edited by Philb2323 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Incomplete)
    Bacara
    Bacara

Post  Bacara Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:26 am

Best alternative to the LS once it goes out of availablity entirely would be tripleshots and all their possible derivations, ie RSCB'd, Octoshot, etc etc, may even be a way of doing one with a breech similar to that of an LS, someone did it to a PAS. Either that or the brass-breech stampede once it becomes more usable with streamline length darts.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:09 pm

Bacara wrote:Best alternative to the LS once it goes out of availablity entirely would be tripleshots and all their possible derivations, ie RSCB'd, Octoshot, etc etc, may even be a way of doing one with a breech similar to that of an LS, someone did it to a PAS. Either that or the brass-breech stampede once it becomes more usable with streamline length darts.

I'm working on it...almost there...if it works
    sniperdude49
    sniperdude49

Post  sniperdude49 Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:15 pm

First the atks now the LS RAGE!

Last edited by sniperdude49 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:24 pm

Isn't it nice of nerf to discontinue one of the best blasters they ever made?
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:21 pm

abowden wrote:Isn't it nice of nerf to discontinue one of the best blasters they ever made?

I just can't believe it, who makes these decisions???

If they drop the Stampede, I'll spew.
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

Post  JayDesu Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:32 pm

oznerfnerd wrote:
    abowden wrote:Isn't it nice of nerf to discontinue one of the best blasters they ever made?

I just can't believe it, who makes these decisions???

they should be fired!!
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:28 pm

NERF: "hey guys, I hear the stampede has good modding potential, lets drop it just to piss them off"
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:01 pm

You are probably pretty close to the truth there mate
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:16 pm

The truth is they don't care about us, we are thorn in their side apparently.
    Johnnus
    Johnnus

Post  Johnnus Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:21 am

BigW in Forest hill has started stocking Longstrikes, on the pricetag saying 'Longshot'. Looks like the Longshot is now leaving. Pick up some while you can to rampantly profiteer in the future!
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:29 am

Johnnus wrote:BigW in Forest hill has started stocking Longstrikes, on the pricetag saying 'Longshot'. Looks like the Longshot is now leaving. Pick up some while you can to rampantly profiteer in the future!
    How much was the Longstrike? Was it Whiteout?
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:35 am

I don't understand their thinking either.

It's a cheap and still popular blaster, it's usually the first off the shelf in any toy sale.

But even direct two years ago I wasn't able to obtain this as the manufacturing had halted. Australia is generally used as a means of getting rid of old stock which explains why we got it last.
    Johnnus
    Johnnus

Post  Johnnus Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:20 am

Luke wrote:
    Johnnus wrote:BigW in Forest hill has started stocking Longstrikes, on the pricetag saying 'Longshot'. Looks like the Longshot is now leaving. Pick up some while you can to rampantly profiteer in the future!
    How much was the Longstrike? Was it Whiteout?
    Non-Whiteout (ie the orig blue version) sadly. I assume it would be for $45 like the Longshot and Raider, but didn't bother scanning.

I read somewhere else on the interweb that the Longshot was supposedly too costly to manufacture. If so, why did they rerelease a yellow version (after the blue) and keep manufacturing them for about 2 years? Being terrible at history, I don't know any events which coincided with about 2009-2010 which would have affected production costs, but perhaps someone else does?
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:46 pm

It has nothing to do with intentionally pissing off their customer base; why would any company ever do that?

Instead, I'd take a punt that it's because the old blasters simply don't draw in the sales like new ones. Think how many Rayvens were sold the first day they appeared in Kmarts. Sure Longshots move when they're on sale, but 90% of people who want one, already have one (or several).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:38 pm