Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+11
-Aj-
littlebro05
oompadidoompity
Roger Explosion
stealth_shot
AlmostExperts
nerffirefight24
inf0rm3r
CobraNerf
Hamish
Kwaneazy
15 posters

Lanard Shotgun - otherwise known as the Triple Shot here in Oz

Kwaneazy
    Kwaneazy

Lanard Shotgun - otherwise known as the Triple Shot here in Oz Empty Lanard Shotgun - otherwise known as the Triple Shot here in Oz

Post  Kwaneazy Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:00 am

Hi All,

Thought I'd show everyone what I did to this shotgun to make it more effective.

First of all I need to say that I love the 3 shot concept, it was just a damn shame that it didn't work.

So... I had to brass it out.

Lanard Shotgun - otherwise known as the Triple Shot here in Oz 06032011

I used 9/16 brass as I could not find any 7/32.

Lanard Shotgun - otherwise known as the Triple Shot here in Oz 06032012

To have the brass fit in the existing grooves I had to wrap each one in electrical tape. This took a while.

Lanard Shotgun - otherwise known as the Triple Shot here in Oz 06032013

The seal to the plunger is good but the darts are a little loose in the brass. I am waiting for some petg. When that arrives I'll slide it into the brass.

Lanard Shotgun - otherwise known as the Triple Shot here in Oz 06032014

I took off the buttstock and now it's a good looking shotty.

* I also did Badwrench's internal mods from Nerfhaven - http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17496&mode=linearplus

I believe this helped performance somewhat.

This shotty now shoots 10-12 metres flat, which is much better than the 4 mtrs it did stock.

Hope this helped someone.

- Sean
    Hamish
    Hamish

Lanard Shotgun - otherwise known as the Triple Shot here in Oz Empty Re: Lanard Shotgun - otherwise known as the Triple Shot here in Oz

Post  Hamish Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:30 am

Nice work.
    I plan to buy one and chuck my longshot spring in there. That looks great and yes petg would suit darts better (I assume you have stefans) but I very highly doubt that it will fit into your brass.

-Hamish

Lanard Shotgun - otherwise known as the Triple Shot here in Oz Empty Re: Lanard Shotgun - otherwise known as the Triple Shot here in Oz

Post  Guest Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:31 am

If it only shoots 10 meters, you did something wrong. I think the barrels are too small. The gun looks awesome and i think you did a good job anyway, but longer barrels.
    Hamish
    Hamish

Post  Hamish Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:55 am

@ NerfMasterMan He did NOTHING wrong he is using stock darts and he has only rebarreled whereas if you wish to extremely modify this blaster you need to do much more than that to get decent ranges!

-Hamish

P.S. when I said it will not fit in your brass I meant to say the petg wouldnt

Post  Guest Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:00 am

He did all the internal mods as well as rebarreling. So he DID do something wrong. Lanard darts fly WAY further than 10 meters. I'm not saying he did a BAD job I'm saying he did something WRONG.
    CobraNerf
    CobraNerf

Post  CobraNerf Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:03 pm

Looks AWESOME!! Good job mate! U should give it a eye-raping paint job and it would look sick! Perhaps Hot Pink And purple (Like my nite-finder im gonna do!!)
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:05 pm

That E-tape job is absolute A+ it looks extremely good nicely done.
    Kwaneazy
    Kwaneazy

Post  Kwaneazy Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:57 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Yeah the E-tape really tested my patience but I guess it paid off.

On another note, I re-lubed the plunger and as a test put some E-tape around the tops of my darts just under the rubber tip.

As I mentioned in the original post the 9/16 brass was just a smidgen loose for the darts and this new fit gave me another 5 metres!

So now I know the true potential of this gun. I think the petg that's coming can only do good things for ranges.

I recommend anyone to pick it up if you find it in stores. I found mine at TRU in Chadstone shopping centre.

- Sean
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:39 pm

hey mate NERFMASTERMAN is rite if he only gets ranges of 10 metres he did something wrong cos i got mine on thursday and only did the qquad barrel mod and i get ranges of 20 metres
    CobraNerf
    CobraNerf

Post  CobraNerf Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:18 am

u should do a write on it coz i got it today and i want to do the mod! Also if anyone else has done this mod could they please do a write-up.

It would be much appreciated
    AlmostExperts
    AlmostExperts

Post  AlmostExperts Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:25 am

why do people like the eye raping colors??? everyone i no thinks that they are gay as
    stealth_shot
    stealth_shot

Post  stealth_shot Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:38 am

eye raping colours suck balls. im a allowed to say that?
    CobraNerf
    CobraNerf

Post  CobraNerf Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:54 am

as if!!!?? who doesnt like fluro pink??
    Roger Explosion
    Roger Explosion
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Roger Explosion Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:06 am

Whats all this spam doing in this prefectly good thread. learn some damm english and post something usefull
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:21 am

Hey guys don't bag the eye rapping colours they keep us from getting shot up and i like the crazy colour schemes people come up with.
    oompadidoompity
    oompadidoompity

Post  oompadidoompity Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:29 pm

holy fuck these lanard shottys are in australia dammit now i need to spend the moneyz oh well when im done with it it will be beast
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:15 am

They actually cost $30 at TRU... which is a bargain if you ask me!
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:01 am

As far as the range goes, it's to do with Dart/Barrel fit. Stock darts are far to loose in 9/16th.

You wont be able to slide the PETG inside or over the top of the 9/16th. Petg only just fits over the top of 17/32, but it is very tight and can cause stress fractures in the PETG, especially informers which is thinner than the kind you would get from OMC, Mod Man etc (but does have a great fit)

probably the easiest thing to do would either be

a) fit the PETG in the same way you did the brass, removing the brass completely.

b) nest 17/32 inside the 9/16 (if you can find some) as this has a great fit for stock darts and informer's blue foam. if you can afford it the air output could easily utilise 12" barrels. However if money is tight 6" may suffice, so you could do all 4 barrels from 2 lengths of brass

Also, throw some more springs in it!

Aj
    Kwaneazy
    Kwaneazy

Post  Kwaneazy Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:29 pm

Hey AJ, thanks for the reply.

Since posting this initially I have cut out 1/8th pieces of petg and put them in each brass barrel to achieve a tighter fit. This has worked very nicely and increased ranges dramatically.

I have a hard time finding springs but once I do I will pop it in.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:56 pm

Doesn't bunnings have any springs? I also realised that the trigger catches that Lanard uses are fairly strong too... Nice! Thank Aj for giving good info XD.. now you're making me not think about uni =\. but it's cool.
    nooft

Lanard Shotgun - otherwise known as the Triple Shot here in Oz Empty rscb

Post  nooft Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:08 am

hey i rscb'd my triple shot and i've managed to get 31m with a slight tilt or about 25m flat. if any one knows what other guns the spring from one of these fits in plz let me know. btw it's nice to see a really clean job. too many people are just slapping these things togeather
    splosionman

Post  splosionman Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:01 am

nooft wrote:hey i rscb'd my triple shot and i've managed to get 31m with a slight tilt or about 25m flat. if any one knows what other guns the spring from one of these fits in plz let me know. btw it's nice to see a really clean job. too many people are just slapping these things togeather

Guilty as charged.
    Roger Explosion
    Roger Explosion
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Roger Explosion Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:10 pm

nooft wrote:if any one knows what other guns the spring from one of these fits in plz let me know.
    The only springs that I know that fit are the Longshot spring, Recon spring and the Rapid Fire Shotgun (aka doomsayer).
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:14 am

So anyway I modded mine today and YES I got about 20metres flat!, But I used hot glue to glue them in Bad Idea... two of my barrels have air leaks because of the sheer power and volume of air transfered into the barrel... So I have to fix that up...

Also I found out that DWV PVC 16mm fits stock darts nice and firm!,

Also found out that streamline shoots better in the shotty Suction darts only got ranges of 15metres =\. Anyway I think this is the gun alot of people should invest in if they want long range :D... Anyway... back to fixing the barrels that screwed up :(.
    T3CH
    T3CH

Post  T3CH Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:55 am

Has anyone tried to increase the power without turning it into a quad shot? I like the triple shot mechanism the gun has. Keeps the shotgun a shotgun (and a close quarters weapon). Does anyone have any ideas on how the AR system works in the gun though? From what Ive seen (When the barrel is left as a triple shot) its just a network of areas where the air can leak out before reaching the barrel. Any ideas on how to fix this/Cut those god damned pegs out...
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:57 am

Dude this is almost like 4 month old why didnt you just use the post questions thread?
    You could make it more powerful by putting a better spring in or adding like a longshot one.
    -Adam-
    melbourneSTORM4eva
    melbourneSTORM4eva
    Founder
    Founder

Post  melbourneSTORM4eva Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:59 am

Please don't Necro threads.
    Yes someone is doing it.
    He goes by the name of 'BritNerfMogul' on Nerf Haven, follow him up.

-MS4E

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:51 am