Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+9
kingkottah
Pois0n
KingCam
CobraNerf
GreenCore
cmd
-Aj-
littlebro05
nerffirefight24
13 posters

Nerf Recon CS-6 to Nerf M4 CARBINE.

nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Nerf Recon CS-6 to Nerf M4 CARBINE. Empty Nerf Recon CS-6 to Nerf M4 CARBINE.

Post  nerffirefight24 Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:28 am

I have just started my new project wich is making a Nerf Recon CS-6 look like an M4 CARBINE and I've been playing with ideas in my head and have been looking at other peoples ideas.
    So far I've taken the barrel out of the LSFG and put it into my recon barrel but it doesnt seem long enough for me so im going to work on that this afternoon, also I am getting a raider today and im going to use the raider stock.
    For accecories I am going to be putting a lazer pointer on it and a flash light, I am thinking about making the handle thing either out of a few layers on mdf or some sort of metal.
    If you have any ideas for me please post a reply to this.

Adam.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Nerf Recon CS-6 to Nerf M4 CARBINE. Empty Re: Nerf Recon CS-6 to Nerf M4 CARBINE.

Post  littlebro05 Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:32 am

You're definitely wanting to put a Super Clip or Raider Drum Mag as you stated before that you're getting...

Also if you're using the Raider Stock here's an interesting mod you might be wanting to see... it's to support the back of the plunger and make the recon stronger at the same time! Just do it when you remove the AR.

Remember! If you're going to use this in a nerf war... keep the trigger, barrel extension and Magazine Orange! Just so it still looks like nerf, but still look awesome too.
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Nerf Recon CS-6 to Nerf M4 CARBINE. Empty Re: Nerf Recon CS-6 to Nerf M4 CARBINE.

Post  nerffirefight24 Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:36 am

Yeah im definatately going to take out all the internals and keep all the orang parts orange and the funny thing about that mod is I was already going to do that but i didn't know if it would work.
    Oh and I have started on the super clip but they are harder than I thought. Nerf Recon CS-6 to Nerf M4 CARBINE. Icon_eek
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:52 am

Umm well, if it isn't too late, you know how Super clips are rare!...

Instead of using to magazines, you should actually just extend the clip using MDF and making your own spring for it because you know how clips are kind of rare and expensive? You should of done that instead... If it's already too late, then bugger...

Just so if you have 3 standard clips, you can make 3 super clips with the extension... where as if you didn't do that you would only get 1 super clip and 1 odd standard clip if you know what that means..

Yeah the mod should definitely work because just think of it this way... how is the maverick plunger work? the spring doesn't slide over the reverse plunger, the spring is BEHIND the plunger...

That way you should able to get double power in your gun :)...

I found this guy who's done his recon to shoot 120ft on ebay... although I don't know what he did with the internals You'll have to check him out on ebay... i think he goes by the name of "Nerfnerdsdaniels" or something similar.
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:02 am

Thanks mate for all your help, I hope you can help me out along the journey Nerf Recon CS-6 to Nerf M4 CARBINE. Icon_biggrin we are like frodo and sam of nerf lol.
    Anyway I have already cut the clips but dont worry i have another 4 to use in wars, The hard thngs about the clips are getting the spring to coopporate and getting it to run smoothly.
    And that mod seems extremely practicool lol and i hope i get some good ranges from it.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:11 am

Haha look for at least 15metres flat and like 25metres angled... Well we can hope... I guess if the raider and deploy and longstrike uses the similar plunger, we could probably do the same mod in every gun to make life easier. I was actually planning when I get my second recon to just make a homemade Direct Plunger because it seem pretty easy to pull off...

Might I add you could probably use the straw mod (similar to the maverick one) in most reverse plunger guns... but instead of using hot glue just e-tape it to the max and make it fit snugly in the gun...

I think basically we want to wring out every dead space we can but at the same time have enough room for the air to travel towards the dart..
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:15 am

I dont want to sound like a noob or anything but whats the straw mod??
    And by the way this mite make people think im even more of a noob but im painting it black and dry brush silver to give it that beaten up look.
    The reason behind me painting it black is that I want it to look as real as possible and then have the orange parts because i think the black dry brush silver would make the orange really stick out.
    Oh and I AM NOT PAINTING IT BLACK BECAUSE IM A NOOB AND THINK BLACK GUNS ARE AWESOME.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:20 am

Instead of using to magazines, you should actually just extend the clip using MDF and making your own spring for it because you know how clips are kind of rare and expensive? You should of done that instead... If it's already too late, then bugger...

Do you have any idea how hard "making your own spring" is? have you tried to make the kind of layered torsion spring used in clips? Insanely hard. Many have tried.

Yeah the mod should definitely work because just think of it this way... how is the maverick plunger work? the spring doesn't slide over the reverse plunger, the spring is BEHIND the plunger...

That way you should able to get double power in your gun Smile...

I found this guy who's done his recon to shoot 120ft on ebay... although I don't know what he did with the internals Sad You'll have to check him out on ebay... i think he goes by the name of "Nerfnerdsdaniels" or something similar.

Simply adding spring in the raider stock DOES NOT reinforce the back of the plunger tube. It puts more stress on it. Epoxy on a metal washer, or PVC /Polycarb piece to act as a spring rest as well as to reinforce and MAKE SURE you pad the plunger internally.

Also adding a maverick spring does not double the power; it gives it a little bit, but nowhere near double. That youtube mod you've posted twice now is pretty half assed, create a real power stock for good ranges.

Also those ebay ranges are bullshit. Simple. They are angled.

Just by optimizing seal and airflow I have my recon hitting 55 flat. with no powerstock. I'm making a beast one.

I was actually planning when I get my second recon to just make a homemade Direct Plunger because it seem pretty easy to pull off...

Already working on it. not as easy as you'd think In concept sure, but in practice.. takes work.. a few have already tried and failed.. so far split has succeeded, that's all. I'm well on my way as I've overcome 2 of the most pressing issues... but fine tuneing takes time. also have some 1" PETG coming from the states to replace my current plunger tube.

Might I add you could probably use the straw mod (similar to the maverick one) in most reverse plunger guns... but instead of using hot glue just e-tape it to the max and make it fit snugly in the gun...

Do NOT do this. Flow > Pressure with this volume of air and dart travel. Been discussed many times. Like here

Also, I too am doing the 'M4' thing. BUT WHAT? you say.. AJ hates black guns.... simple.. it's a commission and I thought its about time someone did the recon M4 thing justice rather than just painting it black. it looks baller atm....

I've used ALU for the barrel.. too bad it reduces ranges by 10-15 feet... but oh well.. I have a solution to that its just.... not ready for the world yet lol needs perfecting.

Aj
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:30 am

Ok AJ you definately know what your talking about seeing as you like are awesome with modding and stuff.
    Do you think you could post pictures of your M4 commission and tell me how much people payed for it.
    I hope mine works out well and actually has alright ranges.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:02 am

Rightoooo AJ...

Anyway I guess that's some good information to put on hand... yes theory / concept are always easy... putting it into practice isn't...

I'm pretty sure with the spring behind the plunger with metal washer and epoxy putty should help it from popping it backwards... I would assume anyway but you seem to know everything so I'll go with your idea... I'm just assuming that there will be something more to support the back of the plunger so it doesn't pop off from the back. (i.e. the 2nd spring)

Doesn't hurt to experiment though...

Btw you reckon you can show me where that 'male plunger' Split is... I've been trying to find and it failing

Edit: By the way, dude I didn't meant literally double the power... you get the idea... you don't have to be OCD about it lol. No Offense intended.

Edit2: Also I didn't say to USE a maverick spring, I'm just saying the plunger piston setup you put the spring behind it that way you get more power... You can use any spring that will fit the back of the plunger.

Anyway I'm just sayin' not trying to start anything.

Edit3: By the way do you think the straw mod actually works in the maverick,? because if it doesn't work in the recon does it mean it will work on the recon?

Last edited by littlebro05 on Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:16 am; edited 3 times in total
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:05 am

Please dont start a whole diferant subject in the M4 RECON topic.
    Any way back on topic AJ are you using a raider stock on your M4 or are you getting a toy one or something?
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:45 am

'scuse the lack of formatting I'm on my iPhone.

I have a raider stock currently.. But I'm not really happy with it so I'll fabricate my own I think, to get the correct look and the power stock functionality I'm looking for.

Splits longstrike is just a picture towards the end of the mod pics thread on nh, there is no topic about it or writeup yet.

The straw mod works on the mav, but the mav is a massively different system, because the flow is inhibited by the transfer to the turret the increased pressure is an improvement however in the recon a direct airflow (ar completely bored out) will achieve the highest combination of both flow and pressure. Look at getting a airtight seal around the plunger o ring this will make a considerable difference. I hope this is on topic enough as it IS about modding a recon..

On the subject of the raider stock + spring thing, the mav is the largest that fits in the stock without modification, any others do not compress enough for it to catch

and the the problem with the plunger head is caused by the plunger tube 'bursting out' of the top of the inverted plunger- simple back pressure will not cause any less stress to the plastic, any spring you can fit in a stock raider stock will not apply pressure on the back of the plunger head after about 1/2 way through the plunger cycling, it will be loose from this point on. Finally it increases the foward momentum of the plunger making it more likely to break without reinforcement.

Peace

Aj
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:57 am

Hey AJ im not really a learning by reading person and all the mods your talking about sound really good but i cant really comprehend them...do you think you make a write up for the mods you are doing to the recon?

Thanks.Adam.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:14 am

Sure when I'm done I'll probably write a detailed thread about it, giving a general idea, but for things like this I wont post a complete writeup.

It's not that I want to be elitist, but a 100% step by step guide kinda takes away and of the skill in the mod, and if I'm making something awesome and unique I would only want it being replicated by people with the necessary skills to figure it out,. I feel that more advanced mods such as angel breeches and internals abrications are kind of a "right of passage" of modders, and are a good way of judging someones skill. Also they do require a significant amount of tools - Scroll saw, bandsaw, drill press etc

Aj
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:17 am

Yeah i have a massive selection of tools and a good variation of skill to.
    By the way you should put some videos of this on your youtube page because i think the rest of the nerfing world will love your stuff.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:25 am

Yeah it's something I want to do, however it's just a time thing at the moment. I'm in my final year of my 1st degree at uni, but I'm hoping to upload some more stuff in the holidays as it seems there is a lot of interest, the channel has had over 98 thousand views, which kind of blew me away a little!

Anyways good luck with the recon - I might post some in progress pictures to give you an idea of the progression.

Aj
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:04 am

Thanks a ton man i hope you do well in uni and have a good holidays.
    Anyway this morning well i was going through some old stuff i came across a red dot site from a teliscope,
    It got me thinking......the M4 has lots of acccesories like differant types of sites but those things are expensive so would anybody know how to make realistic and/or working accesories i could put on my M4 recon.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:24 am

Oznerf member 'Philmydang" did an M4 recon and he scored cheap lasers etc from his local asian market, as they're imports from china. If you have a local 'chinatown' district try there maybe?

All of the ones on ebay etc are for airsoft, and whilst not as expensive as pro-optics they can add up quickly, especially considering they're not THAT useful on a nerf gun.

Reflex sights (the open kind) with red dots are probably to most useful.. anything with magnification is kinda unnecessary

Aj
    cmd
    cmd

Post  cmd Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:29 am

You can pickup laser pointers from Jaycar. Apparantly if the cops catch you with one you need a decent reason. I got basically interrogated before they'd sell me one. For our younger members it might be best to get your parent to get one for you or try online.

Wouldn't recommend them for an outdoor war.

Sorry if I've deviated a bit.
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:33 pm

Hey guys thanks for all this help and support.
    I'm trying to get the same look as Philmydangs recon M4 and i justed picked up a raider and I'm using the stock to it so i will try make a vid of my progress and hopefully that will be up soon.
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:17 pm

Next step into it.
    I just took all of it apart and spray painted it flat black.....DAMN IT M STUFFED UP!!
    I forgot to sand it down to it mite be shiny and it mite be harder to move around.
    I kept the main safety things orange and did almost everything black.
    Tomorrow morning I am going to give it another light coat of black then dry brush it with some silver. I think in the afternoon i might go to the discount shops in Croydon and buy some cool gadgets for the gun. Tomorrow hopefully i will have a video up with what i have done so far.
    GreenCore
    GreenCore

Post  GreenCore Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:07 am

1. don't paint it black
    2. Why does everyone make Recaons look like M4 carbines.

Correction: Why does everyone try to make Recons look like M4 carbines.
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:12 am

Hey i know how everyone feels about painting guns black but if you read what i have said you will know the reason I'm painting it black.
    And I really wanted to make atleast one nerf gun look like a real gun and i went for the recon M4.
    Adam.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:13 am

Hey Adam, You know what you should do with you're Recon... You know how an M4 has like a muzzle that is slightly bigger than the barrel... you should make an interchangeable Flash Hider... one Black, one Orange.

Just an idea for you anyway.
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:39 am

That sounds cool i will see what i can do.
    So far its looking pretty boss.
    I've got this gadget that is a lazer, led light and ultra violet all in one on the side.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:59 am

OH! I have one of those too! I got it from Vietnam the laser pointer is pretty tank... if you need cheap batteries go to "Dollars & Sense" And you can get like 10 button cell batteries for $3... Bargain to me! It's like a key ring right?

Umm what else could you do... are you planning to paint it all black? I think if you want an M4 replica... You should do one of these ones...

PVC Pipe over the front bit of the recon then you know what I mean to make it more 'round' on the front grip.
    CobraNerf
    CobraNerf

Post  CobraNerf Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:02 pm

are you planning to sell it?
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:33 pm

Yer it is like a keyring its awesome.
    Well I'm basically done I'm just making some more accessories for it.
    I did paint it black and if people offer me a good amount of money for it i will probably sell it and make another one for myself again lol.
    So its looking really sweet right now i think I'm gonna put some photos up but i really want to wait till i have a good camera with me so the quality is not shit cos all i have right now is my web cam.
    This is a crappy video so stay tuned for the better one soon
    KingCam
    KingCam

Post  KingCam Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:40 pm

hey that relly good man kep up the good work
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:44 pm

Thanks man i will.
    I still haven't perfected it but i think I'm heading in the right direction.
    You guys have been really supportive on this one i thought i would of gotten at least more than one person being a dick and trying to crush my spirit.
    Anyway thanks guys and stay tuned.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:10 pm

Hey dude great progress so far! Nice on keeping your parts orange :)...

BTW I reckon the super clip or drum mag will definitely give you a great touch to your M4 look-a-like... Remember about the flash hider! hahaha.

And yeah I got the EXACT Laser pointer you have, where did you get yours from? I got mine from Vietnam for about 2 bucks... mines blue and red colour though.
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:09 pm

Yeah I am trying to get a bit of orange plastic I can put on the end.
    I got mine from a $2 shop in Croydon.
    I am still working on the super clip and once I've finished that i reckon it will look awesome but does anybody have any other ideas i could make it look like an M4?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:15 am

Well that's all I can think of you're recon looks pretty M4 man...

The only thing I can think of you doing is changing the front grip... or more like modifying... you know how M4 front grips are round and have those rectangular shape that interval along the grip... maybe you should do something like that...

and when you make your super clip maybe add a little 'curve' to the magazine (don't make the super clip curve kkeep it it straight), but like add maybe a bit of cardboard (or material of preference) over it, you know what I mean right? that curving of the magazine... and make the patterns of the magazine too.
    nerffirefight24
    nerffirefight24

Post  nerffirefight24 Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:36 am

Yeah i know what you mean with the clip and all but I'm kinda trying to stay away from cardboard and stuff.
    Right now i just finished spray painting a flip out bi-pod i made from the flip up site.
    After Ive made the handle that sometimes goes on the front barrel from another flip up site and finish the super clip i will have a full in depth video about the gun.

Adam.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:39 am

You mean the vertical front grip?

Nah don't use cardboard use like mdf or something I was just giving you an example.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:14 pm