Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

4 posters

Mod plans for when I get the longshot

MoTHic
    MoTHic

Mod plans for when I get the longshot Empty Mod plans for when I get the longshot

Post  MoTHic Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:34 am

Hi all im new here but have a decent know how of nerf guns...

I'm going to buy a nerf Longshot and the front gun was bugging me with its uselessness. I have an idea for a few front gun mods, mainly to the ammunition it shoots rather than the gun itself. My idea is turning the front gun into a sort of grenade launcher with various attachments.

The first idea I came up with for these attachments came from the game (yes I know comparing real life to video games bugs me to) BBC2. An attachment for the grenade launcher was a shotgun attachment. Basically turning the grenade launcher into something that shoots shotgun shells. Im thinking of doing this by getting some sort of casing that will fit in the front gun's barrel (pvc for example) and have that seal to the end of the front gun barrel via o-ring. This pipe would be wide enough for streamlines to fit in, and so I would get a streamline dart, fill the hole in it with hot glue, and then cut the streamline up into small pieces, (5 or 6). Then when you shoot the front gun the pieces of streamlines would go out in a spread, acting as a shotgun (hopefully). The tube in the barrel will be able to be removed and replace, thereby giving multiple shots before running out of shotgun shells, instead of having it as a last stand type thing then, the shotgun attachment could be used to clear rooms and such. As I do not own a longshot front gun though, I'm unsure about if this would work, so any feedback would be appreciated.

The second attachment for the front gun will essentially be a smoke grenade launcher, ether being able to shoot smoke grenades or stink bombs. It will do this basically the same as the shotgun attachment, but instead it will involve some sort of tube with ether a the smoke grenade mixture ready to be activated or a stinkbonb inside. This tube will be stuck in the front gun barrel and simply launched the same as a dart would be. Again any feedback on this idea is welcome.

Then the scope on the longshot annoyed me, so I will fix this by basically making the scope pivotable to compensate for the elevation it has over the barrel, and the scope will have something showing the range markers for the angle the scope is positioned, this will allow the scope to successfully be able to be used at any range with accuracy.

Finally the longshot itself will have better springs, better stock so it can be collapsed manually but does not collapse when not wanted, without the hassle of collapsing mid war, brass breach, brass barrel, REMOVABLE shotgun fore-grip, so I can use the longshot as a sniper with bi-pod, or as assault rifle without the bi-pod and the pin. And the front gun will be able to be used as a barrel extension (with brass inside) or the inner brass can be removed or I can just use the grenade launcher attachment.

Hopefully I'll post pictures when its finished (if I ever get a longshot 'sigh', and if anyones interested)
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Mod plans for when I get the longshot Empty Re: Mod plans for when I get the longshot

Post  -Aj- Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:45 am

The front gun barely outputs enough air to move one dart. People have made shotgun attachments for longshots but generally high volume airtanks like titan tanks are the only things with enough volume to move that many projectiles well. your sliced streamlines will have no weight and will be completely un-aerodynamic, no matter how much power you have behind them they will never go more than 5-10 feet.

If you use stink or smoke bombs at an Adelaide war you'd be banned, think about it dude.. like really?

Also, no scope will ever work with nerf - to zero a scope your projectile would have fly straight 1st... after you experience a few actual wars you'll see the concept is laughable. iron or ladder sights are the only useful ones for nerf and even then cant be trusted. A red dot could be used but again cant be trusted...

this is nerf, not COD/BCC2

We already have room clearers - they are called RF20's

Aj
    Winterstrike

Mod plans for when I get the longshot Empty Re: Mod plans for when I get the longshot

Post  Winterstrike Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:56 am

I'll say the same to you as I tell all the new people. Come to a war first, play a few rounds and your mindset will change straight away. We have so many couch warriors here in SA, please don't be another one. There's an upcoming nerf war in Glenunga, come check it out.
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:18 pm

Nathan, how about we give the front gun to our siblings and just have the barrel sticking out of the gun. I don't know what I'll do with the scope. I think it will be a good idea too keep the whole front barrel off as well. It would look good with a long brass barrel sticking out as well.
    MoTHic
    MoTHic

Post  MoTHic Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:34 pm

Yea we could...

But these mod ideas I wasn't just thinking for all out nerf wars, the smoke and stink launcher would be 4 private wars, and the shotgun attachment could be used 4 indoor wars, the shotgun attachment.

bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:39 pm

Yeah, true. Lets have this conversation on facebook so we dont annoy people.
    Winterstrike

Post  Winterstrike Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:43 pm

I'd be ok with smoke bombs, but a stink bomb will involve all of us wrestling you to the ground and sitting on your face and giving you our own version of a stink bomb.
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:38 pm

haha. Mothic and i are doing the exact same mods.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:51 pm