Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+13
revo
lefty
heist
oxymoron
Kaos88
SnowDragon
inf0rm3r
Kalvis
killerbunny
littlebro05
phuonguyen
Switchblade
MrOthy
17 posters

Indoor week night war 5th Jan Update 2

Poll

Do you think a week night indoor war in Brisbane would interest you?

[ 23 ]
    Indoor week night war  5th Jan Update 2 - Page 3 Bar_left85%Indoor week night war  5th Jan Update 2 - Page 3 Bar_right [85%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Indoor week night war  5th Jan Update 2 - Page 3 Bar_left15%Indoor week night war  5th Jan Update 2 - Page 3 Bar_right [15%] 

Total Votes: 27
    revo
    revo

Indoor week night war  5th Jan Update 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Indoor week night war 5th Jan Update 2

Post  revo Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:27 pm

It was an awsome night, thanks to all that helped run it.
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Indoor week night war  5th Jan Update 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Indoor week night war 5th Jan Update 2

Post  Switchblade Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:54 pm

Who is the guy that I was talking to that works at the hobbyshop?
    Kaos88
    Kaos88

Post  Kaos88 Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:02 pm

Switchblade wrote:Who is the guy that I was talking to that works at the hobbyshop?
    Look up
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:06 pm

Kaos88 wrote:
    Switchblade wrote:Who is the guy that I was talking to that works at the hobbyshop?
    Look up
    Revo is the hobbyshop guy?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:10 pm

Just some feedback based on the experience...

Positives:

5 Vs 5 worked extremely well since we had referees (i.e. the players waiting their turns) in all directions to help enforce the game.

Great place to play, the fields were set up very nicely.

Pizzas organisation was great.

Negatives:

The rules really need to be enforced as people come along in waves. Once everybody looks like they have arrived. You need to do a very quick short sweet debrief.

There were a great amount of cheaters, however I'll take the benefit of the doubt and say that the rules weren't explained properly to the crowd of people. Most people were just there to shoot off some nerf guns.

For that small area... 15v15 isnt' such a great idea since it becomes too hard to enforce and what not.

The referees really NEED to get out of the field and get on top of the balcony. Since they had microphones, they could of just say 'guy in this shirt... you're out'. I shot one of the referees because I assumed he was playing... Due to the fact that he was standing behind a war with his head out. They should really make themselves noticable, like wearing fluro jackets or something

We need players to be very honest. I shot a great amount of people and they would not take the hit. Fortunately, it got better as the night went on.

1000-1500 darts between 40 or so guests isn't such a great plan either. 500 of those were 13mm FBR, and they don't work to well.

Sorry there are a lot of negatives, but think of it as a learning experience to make the wars better on the future.
    Kaos88
    Kaos88

Post  Kaos88 Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:11 pm

Switchblade wrote:
    Kaos88 wrote:
    Look up
    Revo is the hobbyshop guy?
    Yea man
    He works for RBH ( Runaway bay hobbies)
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:10 pm

littlebro05 wrote:Just some feedback based on the experience...

Positives:

5 Vs 5 worked extremely well since we had referees (i.e. the players waiting their turns) in all directions to help enforce the game.

Great place to play, the fields were set up very nicely.

Pizzas organisation was great.

Negatives:

The rules really need to be enforced as people come along in waves. Once everybody looks like they have arrived. You need to do a very quick short sweet debrief.

There were a great amount of cheaters, however I'll take the benefit of the doubt and say that the rules weren't explained properly to the crowd of people. Most people were just there to shoot off some nerf guns.

For that small area... 15v15 isnt' such a great idea since it becomes too hard to enforce and what not.

The referees really NEED to get out of the field and get on top of the balcony. Since they had microphones, they could of just say 'guy in this shirt... you're out'. I shot one of the referees because I assumed he was playing... Due to the fact that he was standing behind a war with his head out. They should really make themselves noticable, like wearing fluro jackets or something

We need players to be very honest. I shot a great amount of people and they would not take the hit. Fortunately, it got better as the night went on.

1000-1500 darts between 40 or so guests isn't such a great plan either. 500 of those were 13mm FBR, and they don't work to well.

Sorry there are a lot of negatives, but think of it as a learning experience to make the wars better on the future.
    There was also a bit of stealing going on. My NF went missing for like half an hour, only to find that some dude had'just found it on the ground and started using it so what if I didn't see it and claim it? Would he just walk out with a free 90ft NF?
    I'm also missing a right hand fingerless glove, that probably not stolen just missing, but I'm also missing two of my 18 clips and I'm pretty sure that that's not just a case of 'gone missing'.

It was a good war at the end, after the 'tron' dudes and all them left. Also, dont bring hard swords to a nerf war, they hurt like shit and you guys were swinging really hard, we ise the crappy pirate ones and you cant feel a thing if your hit from one of them.

Also, i think you should bring in a surrender or barrel tap rule. Because I was only using my NF wich is, let's face it, fricken strong, and i caught this guy reloading and gave him a chance to surrender but he became a douche and said na man so i was forced to shoot him point black with my NF. I wouldnt like that happen to me so I don't think that should be like that.

Also a few times there, a mav shot missed me by like a meter from point black and the guy would yell out a hit in me, i would melee him with my SOFT sword, so he would shove me to try and 'go' me. This happened a couple of times and it's not fun to play like that. I know SnowDragon almost rage quit after like 1 game because no one on the other team was taking a hit.

I think thats about all the bad things out of the way so here were the good things:
    Galipoly was fricken awesome!! The last game was good because the flag wouldn't reset everyttime the carrier died, that was a bit bs, also it was too tight and too high, i was swinging of it and it wasnt comming down. But still super fun. Cs gametype was alright, the house was too cramped and you couldnt get out of the door really :/

But 'twas fun none-the-less.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:16 pm

Yeah it was very unregulated. Those melee weapons should definitely be banned. This was much too much of a clusterf--k if you asked me. I caught some dude using a wooden sword. C'mon... that's not even funny anymore.
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:26 pm

littlebro05 wrote:Yeah it was very unregulated. Those melee weapons should definitely be banned. This was much too much of a clusterf--k if you asked me. I caught some dude using a wooden sword. C'mon... that's not even funny anymore.
    Yeah I saw that dude with the bokken, their used for martial arts training, who in their right mind would bring that? Seriously.
    There was also kids complaining about thanh, me and co. Not 'taking the hit' when they were the biggest offenders. I saw Thanh shoot a guy 5 times with a furyfire and the guy just acted asthough he wasnt hit, even though half the spectators were calling him for it. This wasn't a 1 time thing either.
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:27 pm

Sounds like a real clusterf*ck

Once you get over 20 people it becomes chaos, maybe you need more refs or something?
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:30 pm

Joey wrote:Sounds like a real clusterf*ck

Once you get over 20 people it becomes chaos, maybe you need more refs or something?
    Nope, just less douchebags and more of the people we normally war with, you know, the people who play fair?
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:14 pm

The war we ran outdoors at Kelvin grove hit 40 people and we ran that smooth, but that was with whistles and a tonne of effort!

I think it was inexperience in the most part, but there were quiet a number of people at the start not taking hits and blatantly ignoring hits.

As the night went on and come down to about 20 the games flowed much better and refereed much better.

Overall I was happy, minus the little pieces of rage at individuals.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:23 pm

This war only turned into a war after the **REDACTED**wits left. That is to say maybe 2 hours of the entire night were actually a war and actually fun. Had this been an oznerf event, most of those players would have been banned from another war in an instant for the shit that they pulled. Also, who the effing hell brought that WOODEN sword and started using it? Why was that not shoved up his ass when he even suggested it?

And that wasn't inexpierence. That was them being blatant dickheads and the 'refs' helping them do it. Why was eye protection not worn? And then after players ignored eye protection, did they have a little bitch session about getting nailed in the eye? Those church goers were actually trying to start <Censored> fights when shot at. Will I be attending again?

You bet your ass I won't. And everyone here should do the same.

Unless, MrOrthy, you can fix your goddamned playerbase.
    jacko1120
    jacko1120

Post  jacko1120 Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:00 am

After hearing all of this im rather glad i didn't attend, i seem to have a shorter rage span than most and most defiantly would have lost it. Kelvin war we had over 30 maybe even 40 and there was only 1 player that had a problem. It sounds like it wasn't a ref or rule problem at all.

Wooden sword.......LOL.
    revo
    revo

Post  revo Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:31 am

Not to be rude or affensive to people when I say the Trons did get a bit annoying after a while, Eye protection should be a must, if some one isnt wering them and gets hit, its not the shooters fault its just a saftey precaution, it was a great avent, hopefully there will be another one soon.
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:37 am

I had a lot of fun. 5 on 5 teams was probably the best I think.

I didn't have any trouble with people saying they weren't hit so that was good.

The tron guys were a little nuts lol

Oh and I've finally unpacked my car and it looks like I've got an extra 18 dart clip somehow - between my mate and I we have 12 so we didn't notice the extra 1. I'll PM the guy who was missing a couple and send it over.

Last edited by oxymoron on Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:28 am

Yeah I agree with oxymoron for 5v5. This is because we could use the guys who were standing on the sidelines to help referee.

Yeah. The tron guys were the worse at cheating. They hit too hard (full swings) with solid rubber swords. Heist got one copped to the face and it almost became purple. That should NOT be on. If it were at our war, we would of instantaneously send them home. Obviously, the safety of others were NOT considered.

That's the other thing. There was this guy wearing this korn shirt. He was pretty much picking whatever Nerf gun and using it. He obviously had no respect for people's property.

Yeah, eye protection was a BIG issue. I remember, I pointed at one kid and ask... aren't you wearing any eye protection. He's like 'meh'. Ironically, half an hour later he gets shot in the eye and walks out crying. He should be glad he didn't lose it!

I think for your indoor wars you should do ALOT of 5v5 games such as TDM, CTF, one flag CTF. It worked best out of the whole night. Galipoli was pretty cool, but perhaps you can host a 'trial'.

oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:05 am

^ don't even get me started on the Korn guy. He was lucky I didn't beat him 'round the head on more than one occasion.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:23 am

Hey oxymoron. Did I bump into you on the night? I don't think I did. I was the asian guy who mega raged at the tron kids because they were cheating WAY too much that I had to point it out.
    Reconzor
    Reconzor

Post  Reconzor Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:37 am

Wow, I thought that war would be awesome.I imagine it would have been if it were trusted players only. >.> I hope after the cheaters or who ever left you guys had a much better time.
    Who are these "tron guys"
    Were they wearing tron suits or something?

Did you guys end up with the smoke machine?
    Did you take any pics?

Reconzor
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:51 am

Yeah I had one of my best guns (NF) taken by aaguy who 'found it'... Leave the <Censored> guns alone if their not yours, I saw heaps of guns lying around, but I didn't go around grabing and using them.

I also had 3 seperate people try to start a fight with me, I could have taked any of them with ease but still. 1 was from we shooting a guy point blank with my NF because there was no barrel taps, wich discourages rushing, which is bullshit because as anyone who wars with me will tell you, i got my NF and sword, shoot my 3 nf shots, then rush spawn with my sword, thats how i play. Ok, so yeah likee i said, i use a sword, but it broke so i didn't have any melee weapons.

And 1 kid had aa mav, i rushed him, he missed me because he was dry, buut he still calleed out the hitt on me, I called bullshit because it was BS, so he raged and shoved me, not very hard but hard enough. I don't know his name but he was wearing a blue shirt with like ski goggles, he had a red furyfirre with the ammo holders, he'll confirm that i was pushed on that occasion.
    Kaos88
    Kaos88

Post  Kaos88 Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:53 am

The Korn guy asked if I had any non-stock weapons... I just said "No sorry only my main gun isn't stock"

Also guys I am missing 2x6 dart clips. Well technically 3 clips as I lost one at the Mt Ommany War.

They have my name all over them "Kai" in permanent marker. If any one has picked them up, it would be great if you could send them back my way.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:47 pm

For your information his name is Alex and he always comes to our wars! How could you not remember such a man like him! His name is heist on the forums. He was our victim to the smacking in the face with the airzone sword.
    MrOthy
    MrOthy

Post  MrOthy Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:58 pm

Hi gentlemen, thank you for all your input, I do apologise if you did not have a enjoyable time. Just a few thoughts.

First:

SnowDragon wrote: Those church goers were actually [b]trying to start <Censored> fights when shot at.

This war was not promoted at the church, the only promotion for this event was through this forum and a Facebook event page created a week before the event. Out of the people who played there were only a handful, maybe 5 or 6, that were from the church. At this event, the players who were not Oz Nerf were friends of frends from Facebook!

Second:

I will continue this type of event in the future. There will be some modding of delivery of the war, to help educate and limit the the teething problems of this war. As forum members in Brisbane, open events like this are good, but only if the members of the forum go in with the right mind set. Wars like this are a great opportunity to promote Nerf wars, modding, and the Brisbane Nerf community. It is a opportunity for some of the vocal members to show off their mods and passion to the next generation of Nerfer. As a passionate Nerfer, I put this event on to help promote the idea and the Brisbane Nerf community. My events are not designed solely for the passionate nerfer but also to inspire the novice Nerfers as they play alongside you gentlemen.

Three:

Overall, I think there were some great positives. We attended a Nerf War in a large air-conditioned building at night in the middle of the week (making the war accessible to most). There was a lot of smoke, and a pretty awesome map. There was minimal cost - $1-$2 donation for darts. For those who wanted it, we went and got pizza so you did not have to leave the venue for dinner. We sold cans of drink for $1. We got to play some new game types - Gallipoli, 5v5 and bomb scenario. So I'd like to thank the guys who have given positive feedback, and also constructive criticism, which will help me make future wars more successful and enjoyable.

Four:

Over the last 3 days I spent 25 hours setting up, hosting and packing down for this event. I played one game type at the end of the war, and even then I was only shooting rockets from my Titan.

Stats:
    People - between 30 and 40 (I was not expecting this many)
    Length - first arrivals were at 4:20pm, and I was the last to leave at around 12:20am.

Thank you to all who attended, I do hope you come to the next one.
    revo
    revo

Post  revo Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:59 pm

hopefully there is one soon lol
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:10 pm

Next time you should get us organisers to help you out. We need to actually once everyone is warmed up at the start of the game. GO THROUGH THE MOST BASIC RULES. Get everyone together standing infront of the stage and you will have a piece of paper telling the most basic rules of games.

1. If you're hit by a dart. You are out. Go to the respawn point if any. (most people just said, meh and just stayed in). I'm assuming they probably thought it was a just a shoot fest with no objective, but just to shoot each other.
    2. If you're called on a hit and you didn't FEEL it. Take the hit and just walk off the field. (Tron guys were the mega rage. I would of instabanned them). It's not like we need EVERYONE in this hobby. We just need sensible people... and they weren't one of them.
    3. Don't be a doodle noggin'.

Simple. I don't think there was a time throughout the day when you told me you got them all together. You said you kind of just stopped because they came in waves. BAD IDEA.

If you said that to say a paintball game. Accidents WILL happen if you decide to skip on the rules of the game. I might be taking this seriously, but we are concerned for the safety of others and how this hobby will end up turning out. We don't want a mindless bunch of kids because believe it or not, these rules are just common sense, unfortunately common sense is dead these days.
    revo
    revo

Post  revo Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:14 pm

It was my first war but I got the rules cemented the first I got told of them.
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:36 pm

littlebro05 wrote:Hey oxymoron. Did I bump into you on the night? I don't think I did. I was the asian guy who mega raged at the tron kids because they were cheating WAY too much that I had to point it out.

Yeah, briefly I think, I was one of the guys with a stampede at the top of the stairs in the Gallipoli games. I was asking you what spring setup you had in your stampede.

MrOrthy - thanks heaps for all the hard work you put in to organising the night, looking forward to the next one for sure.
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

Post  phuonguyen Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:54 pm

Nah, that was me.

I reckon if we had a slightly bigger field of play, we could have done 5v5v5 and the winning team get one revive per win.

It was absolutely sucky cause I got hit after 2 rounds and had to sit out for the next 3 rounds.
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:33 am

MrOthy wrote:Useless words.

You forgot some:

Six: Remind those 'players' that ONLY WHAT THEY BROUGHT WAS THEIR'S TO USE. Seriously. I sure as shit doubt they would fork out 50+ bucks for the stuff they broke if they broke it while 'borrowing' it.

Seven: Eye protection mandatory. You should know better.

And exactly what Littebro said.

EDIT: And just because they weren't 'church goers' all of a sudden means they get a free ticket to ignore the rules? Because that's what you're saying.

DOUBLE EDIT: While I'm still on topic of what should have been done, I again address the issue of that retard with the wooden sword and those two with the hardcore foam swords. Why were they allowed in play? One word: SAFETY Did this not occur to you, Othy, at ANY TIME, that allowing those was a BAD IDEA?!
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:45 am

As an owner and user of a harder rubber knife anyone with a sword that isn't a 'pirate foam' one should SLICE ONLY. Its not for hitting and certainly not for stabbing.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:52 am

Or use at least their wrist movement only when slicing.
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

Post  Switchblade Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:11 am

Joey wrote:As an owner and user of a harder rubber knife anyone with a sword that isn't a 'pirate foam' one should SLICE ONLY. Its not for hitting and certainly not for stabbing.
    I've been killed by your sword, well it's more of a dagger, before and I don't mind you using it because your a mature adult that know what he's doing. 16yo kids with wooden and hard foam/plastic swords/frisbeess wailingg on kids like it's fricken world war 3 isnt good.
    lefty
    lefty

Post  lefty Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:51 pm

MrOthy
    Thanks for your hard work and effort. It was the first Nerf event we have attended and it certainly left us hungry for more.
    We will definitely attend the next one
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:50 pm

lefty wrote:MrOthy
    Thanks for your hard work and effort. It was the first Nerf event we have attended and it certainly left us hungry for more.
    We will definitely attend the next one

Did I happen to bump into you at the Nerf War too. I was the asian in the coyote brown utility belt. I had dual toned furyfires. I also raged at those tron kids if you didnt' see me go off my head.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:58 pm