My name is Alex, and I'm new onto the Nerf scene, no thanks to my half brother's Christmas Party where I got a bit carried away with his son's Vulcan... *ahem!*
Anywho! I'm 22 y/o, living in Hobart of ye olde Tasmania, and quickly building up a small arsenal, plus slowly getting into the modding scene.
I've managed to recruit about 5 of my friends into Nerfing with me - we're interested in trying to get a group together to organize some local HvZ... or any Nerf event for that matter! ... but due to being such greenhorns, we lack experience and knowledge in terms of existing Tassie Nerf groups or how Nerf games are actually setup / ruled / referee'd (Still chewing my way through some NerfWiki game style rules I found...)
[UPDATE] My Nerf arsenal consists of;
[list][*]Longshot -- My first Nerf <3 but unfortunately also the first one I tried to mod... still going strong though after a couple of hiccups. Currently in the process of aquiring aluminium replacement parts for the boltsled and the plunger system, as well as the V2 spring from BlackTactical.
- Stampede -- 2 of my mates went for Vulcan, so I wanted to be different and got a Stampede - SOOOOO glad I did; Upped the volage to 15v using 10 AA's, going to eventually replace it with around 16v LiPo.
- Titan -- Love it. Makes me want to marry it - if I wasn't already engaged to a living breathing human... *ahem!* Currently trying to make an extra interchangable barrel to take custom streamline darts, without permamently losing the ability to use the Mega Missiles.
- Hornet -- Initially thought it was broken - worked out why. Fires really well now and I think I'll leave it as stock... the AR's sound too risky to remove without busting the whole thing.
- Scout -- You can probably guess by now that I got the 3-in-1 Unity pack with Titan/Hornet. The Scout I'm really pleased with my basic mods on it and how perky it fires now - great for a ultra-small-lightweight sidearm.
- Barricade -- Yet to be modded; don't quite know what I want to do with it yet... my fiance's weapon of choice... *runs for cover*
- 2x Spectres -- So far my current favourites after I beef up my Longshot, these fellas will be next on the Modding Block! I really want to work out how to reinforce reverse plunger systems so they don't break...
- Barrel Break -- A terrific blaster to muck around with, despite the slow reloading time. Might leave this one as stock until I work out how to reinforce the reverse plunger system.
- Raider -- Honestly I like this one, but I don't plan on using it much. Using the drum on the stampede, the stock is excellent... I love the slam fire, but I don't love how it tends to chew up darts and spit them out with massive dents or holes in them... yes I know its because of not cocking it back far enough or pushing it forwards all the way during slam fire... *sigh* I might end up using this one for spare parts or keep it stock.
- Recon -- Got it because my bro got it. I'd still prefer my scout or spectres - but a nice clip-fed sidearm. Once done with Longshot, this one will come next for aluminium parts for both mine and my brothers.
- Magstrike -- If you saw the same 4-6 YouTube vids that I saw where they said the Magstrike was crap ... DON'T BELIEVE THEM! I saw one in action at the Hobart Nerf Squadron Meet (Feb 2011) and fell in love with it. Was VERY fortunate to buy it second hand off Craig *with* 3 clips! Might buy another one and try to dual wield it
- N-Force Battlemaster Mace -- Aha! Not a blaster! Infact, its a big, solid, high-grade foam/rubber smashing thing! Just what I need for close quarters >:] ... or when I run out of ammo ^_^; and yes, I prefer Maces over Swords any day. Got a Marauder for my bro and the warlock for my friend - eBay is my friend <3
- Buzzbee Tommy 20 -- Given to us by damnedfish as part of the Hobart Squadron meet. Not a bad blaster, will keep it as a spare or for a friend whenever my girlfriend isn't using it.
As far as mods go, only been able to do the nooby basic mods so far (compliments of ModWorks for their extensive how-to blog), minus spring replacement / adding... too scared of breaking them without reinforcing first... particularly my Longshot; I really want to beef it up with another spring but so many bits to reinforce / replace first =_= need to visit BlackTactical's shop and actually buy something...
Aside from Nerf, I work in a Camera Shop in the spare time I sold-my-soul to the Boss in exchange for currency with which to pay the rent and fritter away on childrens toys... *ahem* and my hobbies consist of drawing, story-writing, computer games (but of course), photography (kinda obvious considering my job, but anywho), and trying to keep whats left of my sanity :3
[UPDATE PART 2] As mentioned in the Longshot section, I'm trying to step up a notch and start replacing parts with aluminium or tougher plastic. The Longshot I want to make as "sniper rifle-like" as possible. The Spectres will be my secondaries, and the rest I'll either keep stock, mildly modded, or reinforced to last longer but not necessarily made too powerful.
So, without further a-due I shall now end this mammoth wall-of-text so that your eyes shalt not burn any longer. Until next time~
Last edited by Zandor on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:05 pm; edited 2 times in total