Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+4
Unknown
phuonguyen
Switchblade
littlebro05
8 posters

(Southside War) Nerf War Memorial Gardens in Mt Ommaney 23rd of April, 2011 [Saturday].

littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

(Southside War) Nerf War Memorial Gardens in Mt Ommaney 23rd of April, 2011 [Saturday]. - Page 2 Empty Re: (Southside War) Nerf War Memorial Gardens in Mt Ommaney 23rd of April, 2011 [Saturday].

Post  littlebro05 Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:04 am

Unknown wrote:Yeah, my Kmart is sold out too, thanks to me.

Yup, at the moment it is my favourite gun, although that changes regularly.

I would commission it but I don't have enough raiders to screw up...
    Actually, I really liked Phuongs method, might give it a go.

Haha, did you buy them for $12 or $16. That is the real question! I'm going to put the titan tank in mine <,<. I had a tank lying around because I was meant to integrate it on my longshot, but never got aroudn to it. The shot blast is more ergonomic than the titan to. Then going to put my shot blast in my longstrike :D.

Oh yeah, you don't actually need a raider mag well. You can also use a recon or any clip system blaster. Here's a video for reference - Clipped Barricade /w Recon magwell... Actually he might of used an AT. You get the point...

clunk07 wrote:I finished my Shotblast yesterday, and ranges are around 110 feet flat. I've used a conduit/petg breech similar to yours. There doesn't seem to be much difference in range between the 1 ft and 2 ft long barrels that I have.

It does really fish-tail the lighter blue foam darts that I have, but the heavier (2 and 3 washer) darts seem to fly fairly accurately. I'll do a proper range test later in the week after I've had a chance to make a few more heavy darts.

Yeah the shot blast is pretty ergo. Did you reposition the tank?
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

(Southside War) Nerf War Memorial Gardens in Mt Ommaney 23rd of April, 2011 [Saturday]. - Page 2 Empty Re: (Southside War) Nerf War Memorial Gardens in Mt Ommaney 23rd of April, 2011 [Saturday].

Post  phuonguyen Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:16 am

Unknown wrote:Actually, I really liked Phuongs method, might give it a go.

If you do do it my way, make sure that you make the trigger pull long enough to pull the pin all the way back.

I've made mind to limit the pin pull, so it is relatively 'safe'... kinda.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:40 am

littlebro05 wrote:
    Yeah the shot blast is pretty ergo. Did you reposition the tank?

Yeh, repositioned the tank, addes LSFG handle/trigger. Conduit and petg breech, with raider magwell. I like the feel of the blaster. Range is good, but projectile speed is a little disappointing. It would be awesome with a Titan tank. Hopefully I can get my hands on one through the WTB thread - maybe... lol

Thanks for the video link - do you think that it would be possible to use a LS buttstock clip holder on the shotblast, in the same way that PsyK/SgN did on their clip-fed barricade.

Being a horizontal mount should decrease the issues of a clip falling out. I had a bit of a look at it the other day whilst modding the SB, but took the simpler option at the time of using the Raider magwell (I was getting a little cranky by this stage, as I completed the whole mod without a dremel - and had wasted a bit of time doing a Tetra-Strike tutorial!! )
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:36 am

clunk07 wrote:Yeh, repositioned the tank, addes LSFG handle/trigger. Conduit and petg breech, with raider magwell. I like the feel of the blaster. Range is good, but projectile speed is a little disappointing. It would be awesome with a Titan tank. Hopefully I can get my hands on one through the WTB thread - maybe... lol

Thanks for the video link - do you think that it would be possible to use a LS buttstock clip holder on the shotblast, in the same way that PsyK/SgN did on their clip-fed barricade.

Being a horizontal mount should decrease the issues of a clip falling out. I had a bit of a look at it the other day whilst modding the SB, but took the simpler option at the time of using the Raider magwell (I was getting a little cranky by this stage, as I completed the whole mod without a dremel - and had wasted a bit of time doing a Tetra-Strike tutorial!! )

Yeah the range is there, but I've noticed it doesn't go through cardboard - i.e. low velocity, long range blaster. Haha the longshot but stock. You know, there's only one way to find out! I'm pretty sure it would work though. Why wouldn't it work if you know what I mean.

LOL, the dremel makes life so much easier though <,<.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:13 am

Yours just isn't '1337 enough'

But seriously, I just did some testing using hot glue streamlines, white foam and large snap cap darts. All of them penetrated with no problems, excluding the breakage of darts when they hit the bricks. Just to elaborate on that, I pumped it 11 times, shot from 30ft, and used non-weighted snap cap darts.

Now I have a theory and it is just that; a theory. So don't get too jumpy with your flames.
    My trigger pull is a little slow as there is some slack in the thread and I use a long barrel, could the delayed release of air be pushing the dart faster as it moves through the long barrel?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:31 am

It's all about how fast the air is released how far the pin would be.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:43 am

Dremel's definitely do make life easier - but I started doing the mod at 1am, and decided it would be a good idea to keep use of power-tools at a minimum (to avoid the wrath of the wife!!)
    If I can get a SB for the right price, I might try the LS Buttstock, just for reference. I could try replacing the Raider magwell on my original modded SB, but I'm not really that keen...

@ Unknown - I have a little slack in the connection between piston and trigger as well. And I also use either a 1ft or 2ft barrel, both have good range, but poor velocity. I am looking at using a small turnbuckle between the piston and trigger, to eliminate any slack/delay with piston activation, and I'll let you know the results, once I get a chance to try it out.
    Louwrens360

Post  Louwrens360 Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:29 pm

it was awsom i padded my recon plunger it didnt even crack and i put new orings in all my guns and modded my maverick

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:41 pm