Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+2
littlebro05
RL
6 posters

Cheap as Alpha Trooper powerstock

RL
    RL

Cheap as Alpha Trooper powerstock Empty Cheap as Alpha Trooper powerstock

Post  RL Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:55 pm

Disclaimer: there are better powerstock ideas going around, it's just this is noob-proof and very inexpensive and time saving.

It's not too complicated, I would believe just by looking at this photo you would know what I've done. Basically it's two rubber bands taped together over the hole of where the plunger comes out.
    Cheap as Alpha Trooper powerstock Powers10

Normally there'd be some kind of cover here, but it's gone.
    These are the tools you need. Yellow e-tape isn't as sticky (being from the reject shop) but they are more aesthetically pleasing than grey.
    Cheap as Alpha Trooper powerstock Powers11
    So I put the two rubber bands at an intersection so that it makes an x right about at the middle of the hole. To make sure that they didn't slip out when the plunger was primed, I put more e-tape and linked both rubber bands together. And that sort of explains why there was a broken band in the pic. You could recycle them for this mod. I tried three sets of rubber bands but I found it a bit too hard to prime. I'd imagine it would make it better though, if you can pull it off.

EDIT - 23/03/11, one of the bolt screws snapped off, but I don't think it's too big of a deal, but I needed to open it up to remove the loose bit shaking inside all the time, so I decided to readjust and range test this idea of mine

FROM A BELOW POST: An update - I changed the layout of the taping slightly, and added a third rubber band. If you're not going for the looks this could be you. I goes about 3-5 feet further and the velocity of the bullet (I tried blue foam stefans) is also improved.

Cheap as Alpha Trooper powerstock 19032010

Cheap as Alpha Trooper powerstock 19032011

Combined with all my other mods (AR removed, e-tape spring spacer, second o-ring, lubricant), my Alpha Trooper does about 15m flat.

Last edited by 2120 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Cheap as Alpha Trooper powerstock Empty Re: Cheap as Alpha Trooper powerstock

Post  littlebro05 Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:09 pm

I actually like your idea! The only problem is you can't put a stock on... Although that leaves ideas. Such as doing the same thing but with the rubber band behind the stock of a Recon!!!
    killerbunny
    killerbunny

Post  killerbunny Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:59 am

What's the range increase?
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:45 am

I think I'd miss the stock with all that extra force required to pull the pulnger back.
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:02 am

You may be able to cut the black part down and screw it on. It'll take some effort but I think it's possible. That will allow you to add the stock back on.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:22 am

@killerbunny, by itself, I don't know. I'm not too keen on removing all the other mods I did just to see the range increase. But the impact of the plunger tube does seem to be a bit loud. But with all my mods (see first post) stock streamlines are going 50 feet.

@littlebro, I think I can sorta visualize what you were trying to say. I hate Recon stocks, but I have one spare so I suppose I can try it out.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:54 am

2120 wrote:
    @littlebro, I think I can sorta visualize what you were trying to say. I hate Recon stocks, but I have one spare so I suppose I can try it out.

Like what echoes said. Cut that black bit down until it's flush with the back bit of the blaster. Then put the recon stock over the stock attachment bit. Then wrap e-tape aroudn the rubber bands on the recon. It's possible with the recon because the stock still shows the R-Plunger when primed.
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:01 am

Upon further inspection, the screw ports are covered by the elastic bands. In my head, you'll really need to work on the black part so that it allows the bands to stick out freely. Possible but very tricky. If you try it OP or lilbro, I'd like to see what happens.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:15 am

Echoes wrote:Upon further inspection, the screw ports are covered by the elastic bands. In my head, you'll really need to work on the black part so that it allows the bands to stick out freely. Possible but very tricky. If you try it OP or lilbro, I'd like to see what happens.

You'd need to destroy a spare plunger cover though, and then I didn't want to do that.
    Johnnus
    Johnnus

Post  Johnnus Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:20 am

couldn't you just make the e-tape as thick as the black cover so it would hold stocks properly?
    Or do I have the wrong idea?
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:13 am

Johnnus wrote:couldn't you just make the e-tape as thick as the black cover so it would hold stocks properly?
    Or do I have the wrong idea?

I would have to put a lot less e-tape, and with it being of the dodgy quality, it might not hold down the rubber bands sufficiently.

I'm actually gonna get up off in front of my computer right now, go to my room and sort this stock thing asap.

EDIT: just noticed if that rubber bands are placed further away from where the plunger is when uncocked then it'll be less stretched when primed meaning there won't be as much power
    Johnnus
    Johnnus

Post  Johnnus Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:29 am

Would the stock help hold down the rubber bands though?
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:24 am

Perhaps, have a go yourself if you want. I have a dislike of the Recon stock though so it's more of a bane than a boon having that thing
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:09 pm

An update - I changed the layout of the taping slightly, and added a third rubber band. If you're not going for the looks this could be you. I goes about 3-5 feet further and the velocity of the bullet (I tried blue foam stefans) is also improved.

Anyway I was thinking where this could be better without sacrificing looks too much. Try it on the Reflex, since has protruding plunger tubes.

Cheap as Alpha Trooper powerstock 19032010

Cheap as Alpha Trooper powerstock 19032011

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:21 am