Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+3
abowden
Switchblade
clunk07
7 posters

CWC - Nerf DT Quick16 modification

clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

CWC - Nerf DT Quick16 modification Empty CWC - Nerf DT Quick16 modification

Post  clunk07 Sun May 08, 2011 11:02 am

Hi guys,

Decided to take the plunge and modify my new Q16. I'd like to point out, this blaster is an absolute b$#^h to open and close, so attempt this at your own peril...

CWC - Nerf DT Quick16 modification Q_1611

First off, open the blaster - easier said than done. There's three layer's to the blaster, with screws hidden in all sorts of places. First, remove the yellow flashing. Then remove the pump handle. After that, remove one half of the internal magazine. There's 3 screws underneath this. Remove them, and the rest of the screws.

There's an orange piece that joins on to one part of the magazine feeder, which has a little black collared screw. Remove this screw, and set aside. Next, you'll notice an orange triple notched flat piece of plastic, that is the other half of the dart feeder. It has to be jimmied up with a flat screwdriver, while you pull the main blue shell half apart.

Here's a look at the internals:

CWC - Nerf DT Quick16 modification Dscn0915

It's a fairly simple reverse-plunger system, so mod's are limited.

• Drill out the AR in the barrel.

• Add some plumber's tape underneath the o-ring and your preferred lubricant.

• Glue up the 2 air release holes in the barrel.

• I also added half a width of e-tape to the plunger tube, to add a little more spring compression.

• Reinforce the rear of the plunger tube with washer and epoxy etc.

That's really about it. Obviously, a spring change is possible, but I didn't have any springs remotely close. The plunger tube is slightly larger than that of the Recon, AT etc

I know it's not an in-depth tutorial, but the blaster isn't really worth modding IMHO. It's a fairly simple process regardless, and most people should be able to get it sorted fairly easily.

With the above mods, I managed to pick up around 10 feet extra range from stock.

Parallel: 44 feet
    Angled: 56 feet

Nothing exciting really, but it is a nice-feeling blaster. Closing it up is an issue, but Psyk has a video tutorial on how to do that, so I'll leave it with him.

The only other thing worth mentioning, is the improved handle connector over the Raider/AT:

CWC - Nerf DT Quick16 modification Dscn0916

Last edited by clunk07 on Sun May 29, 2011 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Switchblade
    Switchblade

CWC - Nerf DT Quick16 modification Empty Re: CWC - Nerf DT Quick16 modification

Post  Switchblade Sun May 08, 2011 11:57 am

Hey mate, I'm not sure if the gun is still n, or if can be F'd opening the gun again, apparentyl the LS spring sits in there perfectly. It isn't a great improvement, but better than nothing, you could even try a v2! (you know, because your a tank and all )

*Info gathered from coop772 vid*
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Sun May 08, 2011 12:40 pm

perfect for hvz, adequate power, use any dart, and reload on the fly.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun May 08, 2011 12:47 pm

Switchblade wrote:Hey mate, I'm not sure if the gun is still n, or if can be F'd opening the gun again, apparentyl the LS spring sits in there perfectly. It isn't a great improvement, but better than nothing, you could even try a v2! (you know, because your a tank and all )

*Info gathered from coop772 vid*

Very interesting, I'll have to look up the vid. I tried a stock LS spring, and a BT V2, and neither would fit. Maybe I could open it up again, I'm fairly well practiced at it after today's efforts!!

@abowden - Yeh, I gave it a pretty decent report in my review. Just not worth the hassle of modding - very handy for indoor wars etc as stock though.
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Sun May 08, 2011 2:10 pm

I tried a stock LS spring in one of my SL 6's. It fits over the tube nicely but it binds when it compresses as the dia. Increases. Was a bit of a bummer. You can do an internal power stock very easily though which is cool.
    Could you do that in the Q16?
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Sun May 08, 2011 2:47 pm

abowden wrote:perfect for hvz, adequate power, use any dart, and reload on the fly.

Errr, no. I read it can't fire streamline darts properly.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Sun May 08, 2011 2:48 pm

I love my Quick 16, it's a lot of fun to use.

Personally I'm keeping mine stock, they work fine with snap caps and sili tips so I'm happy.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun May 08, 2011 10:15 pm

Akimbo Assassin wrote:
    abowden wrote:perfect for hvz, adequate power, use any dart, and reload on the fly.

Errr, no. I read it can't fire streamline darts properly.

It shoots streamlines fine, well, mine does anyway. Tagger's, whistler's, micro's, streamline's, blue foam stinger's, blue foam sili's....

@Oxy - power-stock is possible, would be a bit of work, but nothing major. Finding spring would be interesting though. haha
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Mon May 09, 2011 1:09 am

And finding a stock to suit the beast!
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon May 09, 2011 1:57 pm

Mozart wrote:And finding a stock to suit the beast!

That's easy fixed. Attach some PVC, and use aluminium angle or similar for the end piece. You're only limited by imagination!!
    oxymoron
    oxymoron

Post  oxymoron Wed May 11, 2011 6:56 am

Turns out I'm an idiot and the stock LS spring does fit and that the internal power stock thing I was trying was stopping the gun catching. Der.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Wed May 11, 2011 9:37 am

oxymoron wrote:Turns out I'm an idiot and the stock LS spring does fit and that the internal power stock thing I was trying was stopping the gun catching. Der.

LOL.

I've given up playing with it. More hassle than it's worth!! Still, looks good on the wall. Coat of paint, and off to ebay it will go!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:26 am