Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+6
redcricket077
TheBradl3s
RL
Unknown
ElementGuy
bakabill
10 posters

Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly

bakabill
    bakabill

Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly Empty Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly

Post  bakabill Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:20 pm

EDIT:: See bottom of post for SNAP plunger assembly pics - sorry no exact part numbers.

This afternoon I decided to make a hopper for my most recent SNAP. It took me about 2hours to complete

Due to recent interest from my pictures posted a while ago in the homemades section, I've decided to do a quick and lazy write up on how I make my hopper and dart door

It's very easy and with the pics below and a little fiddling around I'm sure you can replicate it.

Materials:
    Stanley knife, hobby cutters
    Rubber washer
    Bike Inner Tube or other random thin/soft rubber for the flap
    20mm -> 15mm PVC reducer
    20mm PVC pipe
    15mm PVC pipe (*this is because I use a 15mm coupler on my blasters - if you use conduit then replace this with whatever fits in your couplers)
    Any tube with a very loose fit on streamlines (*this will be the hopper clip - clear tube would be best obviously)

OK let's start with the hopper:

Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly 110

20 degrees - this angle ensures streamlines will fit through the elbow.
    Cut the hopper clip and the 15mm PVC in a way that you can glue them together at a 20degree angle.
    Start by making the hole small and work your way up from there making small adjustments.
    This is what I ended up with.. don't worry if there are gaps - they can be filled with hotglue later.
    Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly 310

That's it... hotglue the 2 together and you have your streamline firing "wye"

It will look something like this (I've yet to glue it):
    Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly Wye10

Now for the Dart Door:

Cut the 15mm coupler section off of the reducer
    Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly 210

Cut rubber washer to be the same outer diameter as the 20mm pvc pipe
    Cut a hole in the middle with the diameter of a streamline so you can load through it - look closely, my hole is offset from centre to leave room to attach the flap. This is important!!
    The black flap is cut from- some bike inner tubing
    *this flap should not be too big, it has to be able to flap around within the 20mm pipe, but the bigger the better in terms of creating a seal - so use your judgement*
    Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly 512
    Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly 414

Staple them together...
    Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly 711
    Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly 611

Now we put that assembly on top of the 20mm pipe and slide that into the reducer we cut earlier:
    Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly 810
    Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly 910

DONE!

Wrap the hopper "clip" with etape until it has a very snug fit into the 20mm pipe on the dart door.
    twist and jam that clip into the 20mm pipe...
    Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly 1010

Insert your desired barrel into the 15mm pvc "wye" ... use etape to increase thickness if necessary...

Here is the final result on my SNAP
    Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly 1110
    Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly 2010

If I didn't describe anything in enough detail, feel free to ask.

Enjoy !

--- MY SNAP PLUNGER ---

Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly A110

Materials:
    • Random washers
      hex bolt
      2 nuts
      20 to 15mm PVC reducer
      15mm PVC endcap
      32mm bath plug

First get your reducer and go to the washer section of bunnings and find a washer which fits inside the 15mm end but will not go through to the 20mm side.
    Cut down the 20mm side of the reducer as shown and fit the hex bolt through this washer like so (ignore the green tape it's not necessary):

Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly A210

Next place a bigger washer over the 20mm coupler end, the washer should be approx same diameter of the coupler - this is our metal catch face, it will not wear out compared to a pvc catch face.

Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly A310

Grab that PVC endcap and drill a hole in it so you can thread your bolt through it - keep the bolt centered as best you can:

Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly A410

Secure the endcap down with a nut..

Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly A610

Put your bath plug over the nut:

Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly A710

Secure the plug with a washer and nut:

Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly A810

Done!

Last edited by bakabill on Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
    ElementGuy
    ElementGuy

Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly Empty Re: Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly

Post  ElementGuy Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:25 pm

Wow... Thats a lot clearer than the other hopper clip guides that i've seen on here! (sorry Brad and other dude)
    Kudoes to you bro, this is great
    Unknown
    Unknown

Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly Empty Re: Guide: Make a hopper+dart door (streamline compatible) + SNAP Plunger Assembly

Post  Unknown Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:26 pm

That's very good work!

I love the look of that snap, have you got a write up for it?!

I think I'll start making my own, what was that clear pipe you used?
    bakabill
    bakabill

Post  bakabill Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:28 pm

Clear pipe is some random acrylic tube I bought from plastix.com.au
    Dimensions are: 19mm OD and 16mm ID
    bakabill
    bakabill

Post  bakabill Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:33 pm

I do not have a writeup of my SNAP sorry.

When I make stuff I tend to just grab what I have around me and make it. Do not think to take photo's and stuff cos' my hands are usually extremely dirty and covered with pvc particles.

I can take some photo's of the internals next time I open it to relube if anyone's interested and you can figure it out yourself. There's so many SNAP guides online and it's really not hard to adapt it to aussie materials.

The only reason I did a guide for the hopper and dart door is cos' I've not yet seen people use streamlines in a hopper and my dart door is so easy to make I thought it would be good to share.

edit: sorry for double post.

Last edited by bakabill on Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Cool, a hopper that can fit streamline length darts?

I'm wondering whether informer's PETG can work as the clear tube, seeing as streamlines a bit of a loose fit. I'm leaning towards "nay" at the moment. But I like the idea of using clear material, as it's obviously lighter than using PVC piping
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:09 pm

bakabill wrote:
    edit: sorry for double post.

Don't say sorry, don't do it. Edit your posts, especially since this was only a few minutes difference.

Warning 1.

Anyway, good job with this, its an easier method of making the dart door with a hopper that many people will recreate.

- Brad
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:18 am

Very nice, I like the simple dart door a lot as well. Will try this out myself.
    LittleTwigs
    LittleTwigs

Post  LittleTwigs Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:22 pm

That is actually really cool. I dislike using streamlines mainly because they fish tail like crazy, but I don't see a problem with stefans feeding into this. That dart door is amazing too. Every little thing counts!
    jg9020
    jg9020

Post  jg9020 Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:32 pm

hey im just wondering what size pvc did you use for the plunger tube and what size rubber washer did you use for the plunger head on your Snapobow
    bakabill
    bakabill

Post  bakabill Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:03 pm

Updated the post to show plunger assy.

I used 38mm "DWV PVCU" pipe as my plunger tube... I think, I just took the bath plug and started sliding it inside the pvc pipes - you should do the same.

Last edited by bakabill on Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:08 pm

That looks pretty sweet.
    NachoTaco
    NachoTaco

Post  NachoTaco Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:23 pm

What are those 3 springs? c836?
    bakabill
    bakabill

Post  bakabill Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:29 pm

They're C830's - quite hard to compress, not the best option imo but it's all I could find easily at my local bunnings.
    NachoTaco
    NachoTaco

Post  NachoTaco Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:43 am

Yeah I'm making a snap at the moment originally designed for a k-26 and can't seem to find an Aussie equivalent. Gotta keep searching!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:44 am