Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+13
RL
bulletproofvest
False
clunk07
dandaldaks
shadownerfer
mister_elliott
melbnerf619
Silent Scope
mavrick man
littlebro05
TooBz
chiiia
17 posters

How do I get my parents to buy me Nerf guns?

chiiia
    chiiia

How do I get my parents to buy me Nerf guns? Empty How do I get my parents to buy me Nerf guns?

Post  chiiia Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:14 am

Hey guys, I love nerf, but my parents (well mainly my mum) think that I have too many... (and I have a Stampede, Longshot, NF and a broken reflex. I now want an AT, and my mum won't let me even though I would pay for it. So if you guys have any ideas that I could try, could you help me out please (request from a very desperate person who likes to buy anything that is said good or looks cool)
    TooBz
    TooBz

How do I get my parents to buy me Nerf guns? Empty Re: How do I get my parents to buy me Nerf guns?

Post  TooBz Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:16 am

First of all, why ask us?
    To answer your question, I have a lot of experience with this Do something for your parents that they will really appreciate. That will think that you deserve a reward.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

How do I get my parents to buy me Nerf guns? Empty Re: How do I get my parents to buy me Nerf guns?

Post  littlebro05 Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:18 am

Exactly what Toobz says. Well yeah, I would understand why parents think that you have too many blasters.
    TooBz
    TooBz

Post  TooBz Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:19 am

littlebro05 wrote:Exactly what Toobz says. Well yeah, I would understand why parents think that you have too many blasters.
    Did you mean the first part?
    mavrick man
    mavrick man

Post  mavrick man Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:21 am

Get your parents involved then they see how fun it is if not then yeah go to step B...
    chiiia
    chiiia

Post  chiiia Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:24 am

ok thanks TooBz, I'll try that first , and I'm only posting here because I'm not good with ideas. I'll just write my Nerf life story here for anyone if it helps :). SOOOOOOO in November 2010, Target was having a sale for Stampedes. This was the only Nerf gun I REALLY REALLY wanted. Before this, I asked my friends if they could try get me one for my birthday, but unfortunately Stampedes were really rare here. So then, taking our annual (I think) trip back to Singapore every 3 years, I finally got my Stampede. I loved it, then in about April or something, we (my dad and I) went to Kmart and found a clearance Longshot for 22 bucks. We only got that cause I was acting like a little boy (which I'm trying to learn from and I successfully conquered that today when askign my parents for an AT). So we got that. Then, like 2 weeks ago, I got a NF on the conditions of all the basics that a parent wants a child to do. Now, I want an AT, and that's why I'm asking.

ahah Mavrickman, thats the point. They're not really that interested in Nerf and just want to do things to make me happy. I'm asian and they don't act like typical Chinese parents. If I had to say, they act like white parents.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:27 am

Yeah. Get your father involved in 'modding'. We have alot of fathers in Brisbane (Mavrick Man's Dad, David&Sam etc etc), you'll soon find that the father will become addicted.
    TooBz
    TooBz

Post  TooBz Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:28 am

chiiia wrote:ahah Mavrickman, thats the point. They're not really that interested in Nerf and just want to do things to make me happy. I'm asian and they don't act like typical Chinese parents. If I had to say, they act like white parents.
    I'm asian too... Infact my mum wants me to buy a gun and somehow make money out of it.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:29 am

P.S. Try not to double post.

Anyway, if they act like 'caucasian' parents (less racist term) your dad should be interested too.
    chiiia
    chiiia

Post  chiiia Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:29 am

Alright Lilbro, I'll see what I can do my oldest brother once said and my dad agreed that modding helps me later on and I want to be an architect so thats alright

EDIT: So I don't double post (thanks lilbro) I should've said caucasion sorry idk why but I'm so used to it.
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:39 am

You'd think that somebody with both a Stampede and a Longshot is equipped enough to handle most wars when modded properly. Perhaps a "proper" springer pistol is really all that's left to feel content enough as it is while keeping to your parents' wishes.

littlebro05 wrote:Yeah. Get your father involved in 'modding'. We have alot of fathers in Brisbane (Mavrick Man's Dad, David&Sam etc etc), you'll soon find that the father will become addicted.
    Tried that; it only made things worse. Of course, my situation seems to be a one-off...

TooBz wrote:I'm asian too... Infact my mum wants me to buy a gun and somehow make money out of it.
    I call stereotypes (wow, two in the one day of visiting here).
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:28 am

Haha. I guess everybody is different. There quite a few dads in Brisbane who participate in Nerf with their sons. Which build rivalry against each other "I can make the better blaster". That's for sure.
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:45 am

Well my dad is an engineer and i'm always telling him how everything works together in the gun and how the gun is made better by modding it and it gets him really interested. But my mum on the other hand only cares about how much mess i make in the house and since i dont have a garage, IT'S A LOT!
    -James
    chiiia
    chiiia

Post  chiiia Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:46 am

yeh James I'm about the same as you, my dad doesn't mind it but my mum is a totally different case and said if she found any darts in the house she would throw them away
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:15 am

chiiia wrote:yeh James I'm about the same as you, my dad doesn't mind it but my mum is a totally different case and said if she found any darts in the house she would throw them away

You've just gotta real careful about packing up. I more or less live at my girlfriend's house (with her parents) so i have to tread super light when I'm in the garage. So i only work when everyone else is out and have everything stowed under the bed as soon as i can.
    shadownerfer
    shadownerfer

Post  shadownerfer Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:48 pm

Dude asian parents is one thing black parents ar another. they are telling me a reacon for 20 dollers on sale is expensive...

-Hussein
    dandaldaks
    dandaldaks

Post  dandaldaks Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:58 pm

How about this.
    All of my 35-40 blasters are bought by me with my OWN moneyz
    The only item my mother has ever bought was a 16 pack of suction cups.

Please stop sponging off your parents and work for them.
    By the way I only got into Nerf a year ago and haven't bought anything for 6 months.
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:11 pm

dandaldaks wrote:How about this.
    All of my 35-40 blasters are bought by me with my OWN moneyz
    The only item my mother has ever bought was a 16 pack of suction cups.

Please stop sponging off your parents and work for them.
    By the way I only got into Nerf a year ago and haven't bought anything for 6 months.

I was waiting for someone to say that. I make money from an early job and I get the occasional $5 from my parents and then pay them back. NERF IS KILLING MY FUTURE!!

-James
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:28 pm

Yeh, get out there and mow some lawns kids!!

Honestly though, there's nothing quite as rewarding as buying stuff with money you've earnt, when you're a teenager/young adult. The benefits are endless: budgeting skills, responsibility - heaps of real-life skills!!

And don't say there's no work available - just get out there and have a go!!

Cheers,
    False
    False

Post  False Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:34 pm

I also buy all my Nerf guns.

Although not from work. I get my money from my birthdays, when I get good grades and occasionally a lone from my brothers. Although one time I won $1000 inchecks at this shopping centre so in that lucky instance, my arsenal grew quite substantially.

So yeah I just try to make my money last. Plus, everything seems (even if it's actually crap in reality) better when you save up/ work for it.
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:37 pm

Ask them if it can be part of your birthday present, or christmas, works every time
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:41 pm

bulletproofvest wrote:Ask them if it can be part of your birthday present, or christmas, works every time

Unless they say "what do you want as a gift?... except Nerf". True story.
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:09 am

Thats what they always say to me! I still have 30 nerf guns though
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:30 am

You could always tell them how skillful and benificial it is. It's basically engineering.
    Arkham
    Arkham

Post  Arkham Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:31 am

Hide the ones you have and say you only got 1 lol.
    Or earn pocket money.
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:33 am

Arkham wrote:Hide the ones you have and say you only got 1 lol.
    Or earn pocket money.

That's just low. Why would you lie to your parents and i'm pretty sure they would know if they've bought you 1 or 10.
    Arkham
    Arkham

Post  Arkham Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:37 am

Cause as a teen your expected to lie.

Last edited by Arkham on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:43 am

Arkham wrote:Cause as a tenn your expected to lie.

I'm a trouble maker in school but I still know when and who to show respect to. It's actually pretty sad mate. I'm sure Clunk agrees being a father?

Arkham
    Arkham

Post  Arkham Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:49 am

Well I was having a bit of fun hence the lol.
    If your folks are dumb enough to believe that there are bigger issues than how many blasters you own.

Ill leave it at that as its getting off topic.
    whichgrep

Post  whichgrep Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:52 pm

TooBz wrote: my mum wants me to buy a gun and somehow make money out of it.

I think that's called "armed robbery", and it's probably not what your mum wants you to do ...
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:19 pm

whichgrep wrote:
    TooBz wrote: my mum wants me to buy a gun and somehow make money out of it.

I think that's called "armed robbery", and it's probably not what your mum wants you to do ...
    Bahahaha no shit hahahahha
    redcricket077
    redcricket077

Post  redcricket077 Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:01 am

I'm also one of those people who make their own moneyz

The topic made me laugh though...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:31 am