Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

3 posters

Which is better? Overhauled AT3K or Doomsayer

Nyancatpro
    Nyancatpro

Which is better? Overhauled AT3K or Doomsayer Empty Which is better? Overhauled AT3K or Doomsayer

Post  Nyancatpro Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:19 am

As the title suggests I was wondering what was better. The spring powered Doomsayer or the air powered Air Tech 3000 overhauled. What I want the blasters to be judged on is reliability (likelihood of jamming, how many shots you can put through it etc), range and how fun it is to use.
    I just want a personal opinion so don't criticise others' opinions
    Plz comment,
    NyanCatPro "Nyan Nyan!" :3
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Which is better? Overhauled AT3K or Doomsayer Empty Re: Which is better? Overhauled AT3K or Doomsayer

Post  littlebro05 Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:45 am

What's better? Going out and buying both of them. I will say it now and I'll say it again for the future to come. It is UP TO YOUR play style. No one will no know what's better because it's their personal preference.

Please refrain from making these questions, it's pointless and the answers can be found within your own opinion.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Which is better? Overhauled AT3K or Doomsayer Empty Re: Which is better? Overhauled AT3K or Doomsayer

Post  clunk07 Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:32 pm

Yeh, I still think this is a valid question. Maybe not worthy of it's own thread, so maybe you should try re-posting it in the question's thread.

As opposed to the generic - should I buy an AT or a Recon, this is actually asking about modded blaster's. The rarity of both unit's makes it difficult to go out and buy each to decide for yourself.

The biggest problem, is comparing an air blaster to a springer.

It's rather difficult to make the AT3K be rear-loading, and still auto-rotate. I'm unsure of AT3K ranges, as I sold mine before attempting any mod's.

The doomsayer also has issues with the mech rotation, but it is fixable. Range is quite good, mine hits around the 100ft on average, but I wasn't going for massive range. I think other guys have hit the 120ft mark, or better.

Price-wise, the AT3K is the best option. Also, from what I've read, it's probably a little bit simpler to mod/less time consuming than a Doomsayer.

Cheers,

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:52 pm