Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+14
mister_elliott
clunk07
abowden
LostBoy
Sir_Spacemonkey
Ungmon
RL
melbnerf619
Jeo
GirlyGamer
Joey
Unknown
littlebro05
night stalker
18 posters

Accidents with moding nerf guns XD

night stalker
    night stalker

Accidents with moding nerf guns XD Empty Accidents with moding nerf guns XD

Post  night stalker Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:59 pm

I was cutting a piece out of my nite finder then i cut myself , it hurt and it was a big cut. I will never trust myself ever again (until now )

Last edited by night stalker on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Accidents with moding nerf guns XD Empty Re: Accidents with moding nerf guns XD

Post  littlebro05 Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:04 pm

Could you at least check your spelling before you make a topic please... If you don't fix it up within the next day and I see it unfixed. I will be locking this thread.
    night stalker
    night stalker

Post  night stalker Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:08 pm

night stalker wrote: I was cutting a piece out of my nite finder then i cut myself , it hurt and it was a big cut. I will never trust myself ever again (until now )

Soz my spelling is bad as some times .
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:12 pm

I'm talking about your topic title. Your actual first post was fine. Limit the use of emoticons please, not many people find that appealing on these forums.
    night stalker
    night stalker

Post  night stalker Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:15 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhhh ok i did not see that.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:21 pm

Just adding to what Littlebro05 said,

Emoticons are fine. When used properly they help define what the user is intending but when they are over used can become quite irritating, especially the large animated ones.

(Eg. A smiley shows that the user does not intend to come across as grumpy)
    Joey
    Joey

Post  Joey Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:36 pm

Maybe we should remove the large animated ones, they kind of suck anyways.
    GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:52 pm

I got my first Nerf modding injury last week.. a blood-blister on my finger when it got caught in the wire cutters (not the cutting part, lower down)... it made my eyes water I can tell you that lol.
    Jeo
    Jeo

Post  Jeo Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:04 am

I'm all for spelling and grammar but surely we don't need mods having a discussion on what is acceptable and what isn't in an otherwise legitimate thread? 9 posts thus far and 2 of them on topic...

Anyway, never done anything decent, but regular little cuts. Unfortunately it's always the little ones that seem to end up right around the nail that always hurt way more than their size would indicate. After playing with blasters on Sunday I still have 3 small cuts on my hands today.
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:00 am

With the simplest of mods, i end up cutting my self and burning myself repeatatively. i've got 3 scars and 50 or so cuts in my modding days :).

-James
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:37 am

Do you mean like accident to self? Because I've made plenty of accidents during modding, but the recipient often has been the blaster

When I used this cheap 2 part epoxy I was essentially gassing myself due to the fumes it was emitting. Horrible stuff.
    melbnerf619
    melbnerf619

Post  melbnerf619 Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:40 am

2120 wrote:Do you mean like accident to self? Because I've made plenty of accidents during modding, but the recipient often has been the blaster

When I used this cheap 2 part epoxy I was essentially gassing myself due to the fumes it was emitting. Horrible stuff.

Nah my blasters are all treated like kings. I take all the damage.

-James
    night stalker
    night stalker

Post  night stalker Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:50 am

Everyone thinks that i'm a wimp because my cut it tiny, but every time i hit it on some thing just a small bit it starts bleeding like hell, and plus it is deep but not to deep to get stiches. 8(
    Ungmon

Accidents with moding nerf guns XD Empty Mine

Post  Ungmon Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:27 am

First modding injury occured when I purchased a new hot glue gun, it was a large one so I wasnt so used to the heat so when I applied it to he gun I used my finger to smoothen it out I burned myself, hurt like crazy

Another scenario when I pwned myself was when I put a C836 spring in my LS, I then got the plunger rod assemply and pushed the little black piece down to see just how powerfull the spring was, when I finished I released the black piece then a little bit of the skin on my left hand got caught in between the black piece and the plunger rod.
    Eventually I had to pull my hand out which ripped my skin and caused my hand to bleed, it's still healing.
    Sir_Spacemonkey
    Sir_Spacemonkey

Post  Sir_Spacemonkey Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Just a few days ago I decided that I did a crap job of an AR removal on my nitefinder, and wanted the hole to be bigger. So I undid everything and got it all ready but didn't have a charged drill. So I thought I'd just use my dremel, what a smart idea.
    I put on the sanding stone (Pointed at the top and thicker at the bottom) and I thought it would be perfect. So i shoved the dremel down the barrel using an extension, did this a couple of times. The accident happened when i pushed the dremel in too far and the sanding stone gripped on the barrel so the barrel started spinning in my hand at high speeds. I freaked out and threw the thing. Ended up with a nasty gash on the side of my finger from the plastic nubs.
    night stalker
    night stalker

Post  night stalker Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:25 am

man that will hurt 80

Last edited by night stalker on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    LostBoy
    LostBoy

Post  LostBoy Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:40 am

Accidently touching the drill bit while it was spinning..
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:09 am

I have had plenty of 'spin' injuries, where your out drilling something and it spins and cuts your hand, when I was cutting the shell of my nite-mav with lino cutter, my hand kept slipping, by the end of it it looked like I thought it might have been a good idea to stick my hand in a blender.
    LostBoy
    LostBoy

Post  LostBoy Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:11 am

Yeah, my fingers were bleeding. Now i have sort-of deep cuts on my fingers..
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:31 am

Hahaha - sounds like some good life skills/lesson's have been learnt.

The best advice I can give is get a small hobby vice/vice-grip plier's. Really makes drilling things much easier and safer.

Also, try and always use a sharp knife. Sounds stupid, but it's always a blunt knife that cuts the worst!!

Personally, having my finger jammed in a brass breech with a heavy spring load has to take the cake. Along with numerous burns from hot glue guns and soldering iron's, but that's pretty much par for the course being a boily.

Cheers,
    Ungmon

Accidents with moding nerf guns XD Empty Worse

Post  Ungmon Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:39 am

I just had the worst accident EVER. I was making myself a SNAP and since this project was taking so long the hot glue gun had been left on the entire time from start.Then when I was hot gluing on the handle the glue was so hot that it dripped down onto my hand (thumb).

I instantly dropped the SNAP and shaked my hand like crazy (normal human reaction to intense pain) the hot glue was in fact so hot that it melted a small portion of my thumb and severely burned the rest of it.

I was originally going to post pictures but after the pictures were taken I decided they were too gruesome so show to the public so they will remain private.

Not that theres any competition going on nor am I proud at all of the incident but I think mine is the most painful posted so far on this thread.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:04 pm

Not exactly modding related...

Last night I was prepping a blaster for paint, and the wife asked me to start the bbq.

Cranked it on, and before I could do anything, the regulator failed, bulk gas came out of the burner's, and instant ball of flame... haha.

On a serious note, half my eyebrows, eye-lashes and body hair from the waist up is now gone (should've been wearing a shirt) - and I probably won't be needing a hair-cut for a while.

If there was a competition, I think this would be a contender.... hahaha

Cheers,
    Ungmon

Post  Ungmon Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:08 pm

clunk07 wrote:
    If there was a competition, I think this would be a contender

Mine too especially for someone my age..
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:30 pm

Copped a noticable electrical burn the other day messing about with my stampede.
    mavshot
    mavshot

Post  mavshot Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:55 pm

Ungmon I did the same thing yesterday with my hot glue gun when I was modding my bbumb.
    It hurts like hell when I move it.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:44 am

I've had a horrific hot glue burn too. Back in the day when I use to make stingers I would hold the cap and fill it in because I didn't have a decent work bench. So when I was holding it and placing hot glue in it. The cap flipped on to my thumb blistering my finger. Doesnt' soudn as bad as yours but it stung for days.
    Ungmon

Accidents with moding nerf guns XD Empty Yea

Post  Ungmon Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:43 am

Yea I just popped the bubbpe that formed, hurt... anyway I have to put this special cream on my thumb to stop it getting infected. I might go back to good old mini hot glue gun.
    abowden
    abowden

Post  abowden Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 am

ALWAYS use a low temp glue gun, they are cheap, and will never burn you to badly.
    LostBoy
    LostBoy

Post  LostBoy Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:15 am

I was using plires, or something like them. To cut something off my recon light, and abit came up, and scratched my head..

Last edited by Joker on Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
    night stalker
    night stalker

Post  night stalker Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:42 pm

I just niped my skin just then when i was puting my NF back together.
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

Post  cfb_rolley Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:51 pm

abowden wrote:ALWAYS use a low temp glue gun, they are cheap, and will never burn you to badly.

I used to work at a place where higher temp glue guns were used and pretty much at least once a week you'd end up getting hot glue on your thumb or finger. our "solution" was if hot glue landed on you, wipe it off VERY quickly, as in as soon as it's touched skin you'd have an instant reaction to wipe it off on your apron in one swipe. of course it's not the best solution but nothing will stop the burn quicker than removing the burning substance before it melts your skin.
    False
    False

Post  False Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:19 pm

When hot glue lands on my finger, I quickly rub my finger with the glue on it against another finger really quickly, it seems to reduce the heat by a lot, for me anyway.
    mavshot
    mavshot

Post  mavshot Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:41 pm

I rub my fingers together when I spill hot glue but my accident happened when the metal bit melted through a piece of skin on my thumb.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:00 am

I gave myself a wicked cut with a knife when i made an octo-shot for a friend. Was weird how i did it to, was the clumsiest thing i'd ever done.

Someone noticed the bandage on my finger when i attended my first war and asked me about it, when i explained how i did it, i was looked at like i was an idiot.

Not that i let things like that bother me, just saying is all...
    night stalker
    night stalker

Post  night stalker Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:09 pm

mavshot wrote:I rub my fingers together when I spill hot glue but my accident happened when the metal bit melted through a piece of skin on my thumb.

When I get some hot glue on me I just stay stil to fell the pain, it does not fell hot much anyway.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:29 am