Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+21
LegionOfShadows
natious
JacobYeah
ucwepn
joshredder
Johnson Arms
Calico
Swatsonia
Akimbo Assassin
Sadavi5
dandaldaks
spectre
clunk07
False
LostBoy
oznerfnerd
Arkham
Nooft1187
cfb_rolley
boosted6
GirlyGamer
25 posters

GirlyGamer / Nerfenstein cosmetic blaster mods

GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

GirlyGamer / Nerfenstein cosmetic blaster mods Empty GirlyGamer / Nerfenstein cosmetic blaster mods

Post  GirlyGamer Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:42 am

I have become so discombobulated by what thread to post my blaster images in I've decided to make a thread of my own I can post cosmetic blaster mods to, that don't all have to be Nerf. I would assume given these are modifications regardless of them being cosmetic that they do indeed belong in the Modificatons section, so here we go.

The latest mods I've undertaken were on the Lanard Shell Shock, an awesome Nerf like pistol that isn't a complete dog to sand. I went with a gaming theme for both, one being a shout out to one of my favorite "Halo" characters (Kat B-320) and one being a shout out to one of my all time favorite video games "Mass Effect".

GirlyGamer / Nerfenstein cosmetic blaster mods Lanard-x6-mass-effect-halo-blaster-pistol-mod
    boosted6
    boosted6

GirlyGamer / Nerfenstein cosmetic blaster mods Empty Re: GirlyGamer / Nerfenstein cosmetic blaster mods

Post  boosted6 Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:47 pm

Beautiful work. :))
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

GirlyGamer / Nerfenstein cosmetic blaster mods Empty Re: GirlyGamer / Nerfenstein cosmetic blaster mods

Post  cfb_rolley Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:08 pm

nice! I'll keep an eye on this thread!
    Nooft1187
    Nooft1187

Post  Nooft1187 Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:43 am

Love your work. I got a hold of one of these recently and went for an unreal tournament enforcer.
    GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:52 am

Thanks guys!

@Nooft - LOVE that idea. I was actually looking to do a post apocalyptic style with the worn yellow and black warning tape, which is pretty similar. Oh and lovin your avatar... Shiny.
    Arkham
    Arkham

Post  Arkham Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:24 am

Top work again...I really dont see why you have startred doing commisions yet.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:29 am

This is just fantastic work!

You would be the only Aussie I've seen that's put in detail comparable (or even better than) the yanks.

Being in the Goldie, you should drop in to some of the movie studios and offer your services to the props department.

But...what the hell is "discombobulated"?!
    LostBoy
    LostBoy

Post  LostBoy Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:09 am

Arkham wrote:Top work again...I really dont see why you have startred doing commisions yet.

I agree. I was wondering why she ahsnt started commisions.
    False
    False

Post  False Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:47 am

oznerfnerd wrote:
    But...what the hell is "discombobulated"?!

Confused, haha.

I really like your work, GirlyGamer, I want to do a Halo themed blaster now, haha!
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:26 am

Joker wrote:
    Arkham wrote:Top work again...I really dont see why you have startred doing commisions yet.

I agree. I was wondering why she ahsnt started commisions.

Probably because it takes some of the fun out of modding - trust me... haha

Deadline's, deadbeat's who won't pay, prick's who either cancel commission's or never reply to emails again...

It's not all sunshine and lollipop's...

Anyway, back OT - Really nice work mate, and a fellow Qlder as well!! Have been following your work on FB and your blog.

Cheers,
    spectre
    spectre

Post  spectre Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:01 pm

Nooft1187 wrote:Love your work. I got a hold of one of these recently and went for an unreal tournament enforcer.

Yeah these themed pieces make the shell shock a desirable weapon regardless of the out-of-the-box performance, nice work GG!
    GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:02 am

Can I just say how lovely I think you guys all are. Given the 'male domain' of Nerfing I've not had any problems at all thus far (unlike my other love of video gaming where - in forums - happening to be female generally turns nasty - "get back in the kitchen" and FAR less polite sexism being howled at you down the Xbox headset sucks the fun out of it lol).

As for commissions .. Clunk kind of covered it for me, I think it might take the fun out of it. I just finished one for someone as a favor to a friend and on working out the amount of hours that went in, I was paid $5 an hour... better nabbing a part-timer in McDonalds lol. I think the mods I do are for display, as was the case here (to sit on his games shelf), I think most people want them for wars.

I might do some collectible pieces though, when I have perfected things a bit more and got some better tools Would want them to be as good as they could be before charging people. I've been asked to do a few non Nerf display props for an upcoming event, so we'll see what happens!

Thanks for the support!
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:10 am

Damn GG, i cant believe you have people saying that over xbox live.

I've actually noticed the girls who play in my games are given a lot of respect, and are always revived, etc. Damn i'd run from one end of the map to the other to revive you, etc.

Anyway, i'm a Gears Of War fan, would love to throw you my blaster for a makeover, Gnasher shotgun style, etc. And i'd pay you more than $5 an hour thats for sure.

Anyway, sending you a PM with my xbox gamertag. Lets jump in!.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:17 am

haha GG - I'm lucky to crack the $4/hr mark for my commission's. It really is a labour of love.

Apparently they're opening up a McDonald's here in town soon, so maybe I'll get an application in!!

Cheers,
    dandaldaks
    dandaldaks

Post  dandaldaks Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:25 am

That is F**king AMAZING I want one lol.
    Btw, I hate Kat she always drived me off Cliffs
    GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:14 pm

@Boosted
    I accepted a few friend requests on XBL this weekend, I assume one of them may have been you lol.

@Clunk
    Haha yeah it is a labor of love. I've been asked to do a few as one off collectibles, so that dramatically boosts the price. We'll see how that goes.

@dandaldaks
    Aww really? Well I still like her, she kicked ass and was a huge leap from the lame Dare of ODST.

Here's my latest Nerf mod, the flipped Nite Finder. I went with a Fringe division theme. I rewired it and mounted the red dot on the rail (still half trigger pull activated). A lot of remodeling to get the overall shape I wanted, I started with a VP70z in mind, ended up going more Sig P232. I did a couple of other mods this week, all of them (including this) using left over bits from the Battlestar Galactica pistols I'd done awhile back...

GirlyGamer / Nerfenstein cosmetic blaster mods Fringe-division-nerf-nite-finder-gun-mod-red-dot

More at my blog (non-Nerf Cthulhu and Cyberpunk mods) for those who can be bothered.
    spectre
    spectre

Post  spectre Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:52 pm

GirlyGamer wrote:I did a couple of other mods this week, all of them (including this) using left over bits from the Battlestar Galactica pistols I'd done awhile back...

Gotta' love that positive environmentally friendly aspect!

Nice work GG!

GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:57 pm

hehe thanks Spectre,

my aim of the week was to recycle off-cuts. Managed to get 3 guns out of it
    Pretty happy with the results, this nite finder and two fully weighted revolvers (a Cthulhu themed one and a sort of cyber punk plasma pistol with glowing green 'power source').

GirlyGamer / Nerfenstein cosmetic blaster mods Nerf-mod-recycling-blaster-pistols
    Sadavi5
    Sadavi5

Post  Sadavi5 Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:47 pm

Love all of the new pistols. What are you using for bases on those? They look more replica than dart blaster.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:45 am

Nice work on the pistols GG. Yeah i sent you an FR on XBL. I actually joined your campaign game, but you were in PAUSE, so i knew you were busy.

Anyway next time i see you on i'll join you.
    GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:59 am

Hi Sadavi,

The revolvers are just toy revolvers. I don't just to Nerf mods, I just tend to only post the Nerf / Dart blaster ones here because it's a Nerf forum

@Boosted6 - Sounds good, I'm trying to play through the whole Gears 3 campaign alone first, so if I don't respond, it's nothing personal, I'm not playing it with anyone else either lol.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:04 am

Yeah i always play Campaign solo first.
    But i want to do the Campaign on Insane, will be wicked. I'm heading overseas soon, so when i get back i'll send you an invite!
    GirlyGamer / Nerfenstein cosmetic blaster mods 27651480142697363125884

GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:52 pm

Hi guys, just a quick update, working on my latest Nerf mod. This is a WIP picture, there's no detailing done yet. This is my version of one of the pistols from TV show Terra Nova. It's common knowledge they've used Nerf as the basis for many of their weapons.

I'll be doing a full write up detailing how to do this for anyone who wants to give it a try. You'll need a Nerf Nightfinder, Nerf Tactical Red Dot scope and scraps lol..

GirlyGamer / Nerfenstein cosmetic blaster mods Terra-nova-nerf-nite-finder-pistol-prop
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:18 pm

Damn girl..turn it up! Thats really nice for a WIP, damn.

Cant wait to see the finished product... :))
    GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:48 am

Thanks Boosted, that comment made me lol.

Here's the finished Terra Nova gun...
    Full tutorial at my blog also.

GirlyGamer / Nerfenstein cosmetic blaster mods Nerf-terra-nova-pistol-tutorial-finished-angles

GirlyGamer / Nerfenstein cosmetic blaster mods Nerf-terra-nova-pistol-tutorial-finished

It's also weighted for meaty reasons. Wouldn't go waving it around outside.
    Akimbo Assassin
    Akimbo Assassin

Post  Akimbo Assassin Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:59 am

Girl, that is simply superb job there.
    Wondering where you get the extra case covering from to fit the stock NF, but I'm sure you will tell us later anyway.
    You girl is kicking all of us guys' arses here. Not that there is anything wrong with that, as I always think females are usually more crafty.
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:08 am

That "shell" is the yellow cover of the recon's red dot/torch attachment, if I'm not mistaken.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:26 am

Hehe, your very welcome.

Really nice, well freaking excellent actually. You should work for TriForce.

Well done GG. :))
    Nooft1187
    Nooft1187

Post  Nooft1187 Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:11 am

just a pic of my U.T. Enforcer
    GirlyGamer / Nerfenstein cosmetic blaster mods 2011-113
    Calico
    Calico

Post  Calico Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:17 am

Hey gg, question.
    Do you sell the guns you make? Sorry if ive missed a post saying you do put you make alot of guns for someone that doesn't so them for films. I wouldn't mind trying to sell some of my creations either.
    spectre
    spectre

Post  spectre Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:59 am

Akimbo Assassin wrote:I always think females are usually more crafty.

You mean creative right? either way hats off to your Terra Nova hand gun GG... oh & thanks for reminding me I missed the last episode!
    GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:47 am

Hi guys!

I thanks for the responses re the Terra Nova mod.
    @ Akimbo - Crafty eh lol
    @Swatsonia - Correct re the shroud part being the red dot... I covered that on my blog (which according to Google is fine thank FRAK!! Let's see how long before they balls it up again shall we lol).
    @Boosted - Thanks matey! Not sure I'm anywhere near that level, but appreciate the sentiment xxx
    @Nooft - Great job! I love that yellow and black bit. I went looking for the reflective tape in that pattern.. to no avail as yet. Oh and on a side note I love your avatar.. Shiny.
    @Calico - I've sold one to a friend. I'm working on it, though they're more for display than wars and I think most Nerfer's want to use them in wars.
    @Spectre - Thanks mate ... I think I am a few episodes behind now also. Too many good new / returning shows on in the US atm!
    LostBoy
    LostBoy

Post  LostBoy Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:51 am

The Terra Nova mod, it all looks easy! Read your instructions tten times.

I am trying this mod, but I have only cut down the NF, cause im being lazy.

PS: I posted a picture on your facebook page, about the shell. Im not quite sure if I have done it right.
    Johnson Arms
    Johnson Arms

Post  Johnson Arms Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:56 am

Really love all the guns as you well know That Terra Nova gun just looks fantastic
    GirlyGamer
    GirlyGamer

Post  GirlyGamer Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:07 am

@Joker Hi matey, I did reply to your post on my facebook page. Great job!! Hope my tutorial was of help to you.

@Brian .. you know you telling me a mod is good is like Meryl Streep telling you you can act LOL #JustSayin

Right time for a little update. I am hoping Google have sorted out my blog issues now since I spent a full day changing my entire site and clearing the server of anything they had listed!! Hopefully these images will show and there wont be any 'malware' warnings.. which for the record was never anything nasty anyway.

Stargate Atlantis Lanard mod:

GirlyGamer / Nerfenstein cosmetic blaster mods Stargate-atlantis-nerf-blaster-mod-stargate-portal

GirlyGamer / Nerfenstein cosmetic blaster mods Stargate-atlantis-nerf-blaster-mod-stargate-portal-2

As you can no doubt see the barrel is sealed with a Stargate portal, so this no longer fires. This is a display piece, so no big deal. The portal was a nightmare to get right, it's made from a pale blue resin stopper - just mixed some blue ink with clear resin in a lid a smidge smaller than the diameter of the barrel exit. This was to block the bright blue LED mounted inside from flooding the ripple effect piece with light. The ripple effect took multiple atempts with resin, but in the end went with magic water from citadel, waited for it to almost cure and lifted it with a coffee stirrer... ripples!

The LED can be turned on and off as needed.

The Zarraffanator - Retro blaster Lanard Rotator X-8
    Just a silly mod I made because my local coffee store (where I almost live lol) gave me their spent gas canisters to use in my mods.

GirlyGamer / Nerfenstein cosmetic blaster mods Zarraffanator-retro-blaster-pistol-mod-01

Next up a basic Lanard paint mod with a Cyberdyne theme:
    Self explanatory.

GirlyGamer / Nerfenstein cosmetic blaster mods Cyberdyne-systems-blaster-pistol-guass-mod-nerf-01

GirlyGamer / Nerfenstein cosmetic blaster mods Cyberdyne-systems-blaster-pistol-guass-mod-nerf-02

This weekend I finished my Mass Effect Nerf Vortex Praxis.
    Again, self explanatory. To anyone wanting to cosmetically mod a Praxis.. I wish you joy with the sanding, which I found to be a complete 'bleep'.

GirlyGamer / Nerfenstein cosmetic blaster mods Mass-effect-nerf-m8a-assault-rifle-praxis-main-left

GirlyGamer / Nerfenstein cosmetic blaster mods Mass-effect-nerf-m8a-assault-rifle-praxis-main-right

Added cycling color LED's to an ammo / magazine.. looks cool. Here is a low light picture to show it. As always more pics and info at my blog and facebook page.

GirlyGamer / Nerfenstein cosmetic blaster mods Mass-effect-nerf-m8a-assault-rifle-praxis-ammo-dark

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:00 am