Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

3 posters

4 Things, Blower gun, mini air compressor, 12v battery and a backpack?

NITROMAINIAC
    NITROMAINIAC

4 Things, Blower gun, mini air compressor, 12v battery and a backpack? Empty 4 Things, Blower gun, mini air compressor, 12v battery and a backpack?

Post  NITROMAINIAC Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:02 am

Ok hey guys, so I was at work today playing with the air gun and I thought about sliding a nerf dart over the tip of the blow gun just like a condom and of course pulling the trigger? but the question remains how far will it shoot and will it be accurate etc?
    Of course if it wasn't one could easily make a pvc attactchment for the gun and make it shoot stefens but that's if it doesn't work.

However if it did work how easy would it be to attatch it to a mini compressor and battery in a backpack, anyway I was just wondering if anyone has tried this first before I dump the cash?
    sure you could still have your stampede as a primary but dayum what an awesome secondary to have if it shoots hard,and also it would be single shot of course but with cargo shorts full of nerf darts reloading times would not be long.

So yeah give us your thoughts/oppinions is this an ok idea or not?
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

4 Things, Blower gun, mini air compressor, 12v battery and a backpack? Empty Re: 4 Things, Blower gun, mini air compressor, 12v battery and a backpack?

Post  cfb_rolley Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:19 am

I once screwed around with a blowgun and a length of pipe that streamlines fit in fairly loose, and I got about 60 feet. So it's probably possible, and you could definitely build a DIY blaster using that idea but you'd probably get much more power rigging up a mini compressor to a titan and re-barreling that. That said, Titans are a lot more expensive than blowguns.
    Bacara
    Bacara

4 Things, Blower gun, mini air compressor, 12v battery and a backpack? Empty Re: 4 Things, Blower gun, mini air compressor, 12v battery and a backpack?

Post  Bacara Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:01 am

The air compressor won't have the sharp burst of air you're looking for, if you do it the way you've described, it'll go about 15ft. For the compressor idea to work, you need some kind of bladder and a resevoir tank (like that from a BBUMB, 4B, etc. SGNERF has a guide for it I think.
    Personally, I think the air compressor would be far more worthwhile in/on your magstrike to replace the pump.
    NITROMAINIAC
    NITROMAINIAC

Post  NITROMAINIAC Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:11 am

Bacara wrote:The air compressor won't have the sharp burst of air you're looking for, if you do it the way you've described, it'll go about 15ft. For the compressor idea to work, you need some kind of bladder and a resevoir tank (like that from a BBUMB, 4B, etc. SGNERF has a guide for it I think.
    Personally, I think the air compressor would be far more worthwhile in/on your magstrike to replace the pump.

Haha ok yeah sgnerf has some good stuff, your right I was actually and probably still am going to do the magstrike compressor mod but today with the air gun I just had ideas, in fact thier is a very small air compressor at supercheap auto for $20 which would be perfect for attaching it to the side of the bladder chamber thing.

Ahhh so many damn ideas and projects to make!
    Bacara
    Bacara

Post  Bacara Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:16 am

The $10 compressor from k-mart actually has a lower current draw and fills up just as fast as others in my experience. I currently use it in my compressor-magstrike with a 12volt 3800mAh battery and I can get about 70 clips sustained fire before the battery dies. I think its actually the same compressor from the mod guide.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:31 am