Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+19
Bommah
mister_elliott
frostythesnowman
rbimdxe
xxOPTIC_HAZARDxx
False
Unknown
inf0rm3r
Dietzie
NothingOrNerf
Sheepie_125
revo
Rob-Dawg
SuctionCup
Exodus
SnowDragon
TryHardGamer47
night stalker
littlebro05
23 posters

(CENTRAL BRISBANE QUEENSLAND) Kelvin Grove, McCaskie Park, Speed Foam Warfare, 22nd of January, 2012 - (SUNDAY)

littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

(CENTRAL BRISBANE QUEENSLAND) Kelvin Grove, McCaskie Park, Speed Foam Warfare, 22nd of January, 2012 - (SUNDAY) - Page 2 Empty Re: (CENTRAL BRISBANE QUEENSLAND) Kelvin Grove, McCaskie Park, Speed Foam Warfare, 22nd of January, 2012 - (SUNDAY)

Post  littlebro05 Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:55 am

It's actually no layers of cardboard with a heavy tip. OR more than 1 layers with a stinger tip (since we'll be using stingers due to the dart supply I may need). Air guns are banned as well. I've listed what's banned on the first post anyway.
    revo
    revo

(CENTRAL BRISBANE QUEENSLAND) Kelvin Grove, McCaskie Park, Speed Foam Warfare, 22nd of January, 2012 - (SUNDAY) - Page 2 Empty Re: (CENTRAL BRISBANE QUEENSLAND) Kelvin Grove, McCaskie Park, Speed Foam Warfare, 22nd of January, 2012 - (SUNDAY)

Post  revo Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:26 am

kk, hopefully my ls is ok, ill bring my hamp to show of lol, we wont get kids takin guns like last time i went lol
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:40 am

The Piece Maker may have to be tested to the day. The only NERF box I have has a NIB LS in it and I want it to stay NIB lol. Gives me a chance to prove it works even if I can't use it.
    revo
    revo

Post  revo Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:22 am

if anyone reads this, anyone have a barrel break they wana sell cheep? thanks
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:32 pm

Hmm. I wouldn't bring that HAMP as that I think is technically illegal. Feel free to bring it, just be wary of what may happen.

@Dietzie. Any cardboard will do, how far does it shoot flat though?
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:39 pm

120feet/36 meters at last test
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Lol. If it passes the regulation test (which it should if it's only getting 36metres). If someone complains about it hurting too much you're going to have to put it away. At the moment, it seems good to go.
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:42 pm

Thats fair enough. I'll be bringing a couple of my primarys just to be sure
    revo
    revo

Post  revo Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:24 am

why are they illegal? its got an orange tip lol

+ you want me to bring any cover or something like that?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:37 am

Haha it's not that. It's classified as a homemade air gun since it uses 'compressed' air to fire a projectile. Which means you can put spuds in it and shoot it. I know Nerf Blasters does it as well, but we've even banned +bows because they are illegal. It's very much in the grey area, but I don't want to take that risk. It's abit hard to explain. I'm sure someone else on these forums can explain lol.

If you can bring cover that would help alot. Thanks dude. =)
    revo
    revo

Post  revo Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:20 am

ok, thats all good, so i cant bring my spud gun i mean modified Nerf spud gun tho lol, yer benefits of working at a hardware store lol, ill see whats at home, what were you after I've got a lot of diff things lol
    False
    False

Post  False Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:23 am

If you case a homemade in a Nerf shell, I think it's still allowed though.
    revo
    revo

Post  revo Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:44 am

ok ill put it in a case lol
    xxOPTIC_HAZARDxx
    xxOPTIC_HAZARDxx

Post  xxOPTIC_HAZARDxx Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:42 pm

I'll be there and ill be bringing two mates
    also littlebro05 do you think you could help me out with a stampede problem ?
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:51 pm

xxOPTIC_HAZARDxx wrote:I'll be there and ill be bringing two mates
    also littlebro05 do you think you could help me out with a stampede problem ?

I might be able to help with the stampede problem, although from the looks of it, I may not have time to examine it until after the war or during lunch time. Could you please update your location and age on your profile please. It's part of forum rules. Thanks =).
    rbimdxe
    rbimdxe

Post  rbimdxe Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:28 am

revo wrote:why are they illegal? its got an orange tip lol

+ you want me to bring any cover or something like that?

littlebro05 wrote:Haha it's not that. It's classified as a homemade air gun since it uses 'compressed' air to fire a projectile. Which means you can put spuds in it and shoot it. I know Nerf Blasters does it as well, but we've even banned +bows because they are illegal. It's very much in the grey area, but I don't want to take that risk. It's abit hard to explain. I'm sure someone else on these forums can explain lol.

If you can bring cover that would help alot. Thanks dude. =)

revo wrote:ok, thats all good, so i cant bring my spud gun i mean modified Nerf spud gun tho lol, yer benefits of working at a hardware store lol, ill see whats at home, what were you after I've got a lot of diff things lol

If it is capable of firing a projectile that can cause bodily injury or death, it is a weapon. If you load a projectile (such as a spud) via the muzzle it is muzzle loading firearm. All muzzle loading firearms (yes, compressed air action spud guns included) are classed as Category B firearms and require a Longarms Firearms licence to possess.

Obviously there can be exceptions in regards to this, such as the $2 'pump' spud guns you see at, well, $2 stores.

Further to this, whilst Nerf guns can fire a projectile, in OEM form they can only really cause a minor sting and without modification, would need some sort of satanic intervention to cause death - blindness? Maybe. Death? Highly unlikely.

It is also intended for *children* aged 6 and up, and due to the 'safe' nature it is quite obviously a toy, where obvious toy guns are exempt from any legislation regarding the Weapons Act 1990, Amendment 1996 & Category Regulations 1997 - until they are used in an offense whereby they will be classified as a weapon and subject to any corresponding legislation.

Disclaimer: Obviously not legal advice, consult your own lawyer/solicitor if you find yourself on the wrong side of the Weapons acts, etc etc etc.
    revo
    revo

Post  revo Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:48 am

it cant fire a dart 2 cm, i built it wrong, and anyways Nerf is funner
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:03 am

Haha that just means half the blasters we use in our more 'stronger wars' are technically illegal <,<.
    SuctionCup
    SuctionCup

Post  SuctionCup Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:16 am

Air blasters banned? C'mon! I specially singled my BBUMB for this ;(
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:18 am

SuctionCup wrote:Air blasters banned? C'mon! I specially singled my BBUMB for this ;(

Lol, well you know last KG war air blasters were banned as well.
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:12 am

Ok I have a plus one confermed and 3 spare seats. I am happy to pick up any 16yo+ members (I don't deal with kids I don't know) that need a lift that are in a close to direct line from Maryborough to KG
    night stalker
    night stalker

Post  night stalker Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:46 pm

SuctionCup wrote:Air blasters banned? C'mon! I specially singled my BBUMB for this ;(
    Lol i wish that i can bring my RSCBED BBUMB well i guess we just need to wait, if only the war loacation changed..........
    NothingOrNerf

(CENTRAL BRISBANE QUEENSLAND) Kelvin Grove, McCaskie Park, Speed Foam Warfare, 22nd of January, 2012 - (SUNDAY) - Page 2 Empty SO COMING

Post  NothingOrNerf Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:21 am

Yo, coming to this war and bringing a friend.

Me, 12yrs bringing modded longshot (ARR, Spring Replacement, LSFG integration 80ft)
    modded recon (Orange mod works (stage 2) 80ft spring replacement

Friend (Kamran) : modded longhot (ARR, Spring replacement 80ft)
    modded recon (ARR (for some reason it goes 70ft)

yeah can't wait bruzzies
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:32 am

So my car caught fire.

Since I live in redcliffe, this means no nerf war for me.

Was really looking forward to this as well.
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Post  frostythesnowman Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:15 pm

SnowDragon wrote:So my car caught fire.

Since I live in redcliffe, this means no nerf war for me.

Was really looking forward to this as well.

lulwut? its too bad im not out redcliff way.
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:32 pm

About Hamp.

Bows are legal. Compound bows are legal. Crossbows are Illegal. The difference is the trigger. In the same vein, the xploderz blasters would've been banned in AU, because they're basically paintball guns begging to have children load them with marbles, EXCEPT they don't have triggers so for some reason that's ok. There's even those super-splat plunger+barrel and nothing else toys, they shoot paintballs on basically the same principal as a HAMP. Load a ball, hold the pump handle in one hand and the barrel in the other, have a epileptic session and splat!

So yeah. I think HAMPs would be legally ok. It'd look weird but i think it'd be ok.

Btw I'll be there +1 and 1/2. BBLS, Serv spring and SLA stampy, STOCK ALPHA TROOPER FFEEEAARRRRR and maybe a mav so i don't have to mavsturbate during the pistol games. Also how would folk feel about me bringing nametags and a marker? "You there with the raider" doesn't really add up to effective team communication.
    Unknown
    Unknown

Post  Unknown Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:36 pm

mister_elliott wrote:

Bows are legal. Compound bows are legal. Crossbows are Illegal.

Government Logic : P

I should be there. Hopefully.
    mister_elliott
    mister_elliott

Post  mister_elliott Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:47 pm

I'LL CREY IF U DONT COME!!!
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:16 pm

Well I got the secondary prize. It will be an overhauled rip-off stormfire pistol. c836 Spring, Double O-Ring seal and shoots about 80-90ft. Great for someone who can't be bothered to modify their blasters.
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:48 pm

@ Snow. Need a lift? I'm coming in from the north and reddy isn't too far out the way
    SnowDragon
    SnowDragon

Post  SnowDragon Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:17 am

That'd be great! I'll PM.
    revo
    revo

Post  revo Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:54 am

sound like its gonna be a good war, im excited
    SuctionCup
    SuctionCup

Post  SuctionCup Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:24 am

Sorry, me and a few others cannot come. Day before we start highschool LOL. Hope you have another one real soon.
    Bommah
    Bommah

Post  Bommah Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:56 am

Aw man! This sounds awesome but I'm way too far to get there. ( by a couple of states )
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:24 am

@ SnowDragon. PM replied. Look for the white 1990 subaru wagon.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:50 am