Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+7
Rooksy
mavshot
Photo Ninja
Luke
Unknown
JacobYeah
nerfor007
11 posters

Quad shot and Octo shot commissions

nerfor007
    nerfor007

Quad shot and Octo shot commissions Empty Quad shot and Octo shot commissions

Post  nerfor007 Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:02 am

Hi, Nerfor007 is offering everyone the choice of
    a quad shot commission.
    Mods that are done:
    improved seal (perfect)
    Re barrelling (16mm conduit)
    reinforcement of blaster (epoxy putty)
    better turret to plunger tube seal
    spring replacement
    rear loading holes
    catch reinforcement
    catch spring replacement

How much you may ask?
    Well $70 with paint job
    $60 without
    $90 for an Octo Shot(without paint)
    $100 with paint (Octo shot)
    MADE TO ORDER

[img]Quad shot and Octo shot commissions Sam_0715[/img]

[img]Quad shot and Octo shot commissions Sam_0716[/img]

[img]Quad shot and Octo shot commissions Sam_0717[/img]

[img]Quad shot and Octo shot commissions Sam_0718[/img]

Last edited by nerfor007 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:49 pm; edited 5 times in total
    JacobYeah
    JacobYeah

Quad shot and Octo shot commissions Empty Re: Quad shot and Octo shot commissions

Post  JacobYeah Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:25 am

Ranges?
    Unknown
    Unknown

Quad shot and Octo shot commissions Empty Re: Quad shot and Octo shot commissions

Post  Unknown Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:19 am

I hope you haven't glued that plunger head on. Maybe try using the proper method with washers and a screw?

Why would someone buy off you when you can't be bothered to do things properly? Not trying to be mean, just pointing out some flaws. Upload some more pictures of better quality and I'm sure you'll have more success.
    nerfor007
    nerfor007

Post  nerfor007 Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:44 am

I have ordered machine screws but they haven't come yet.
    Ranges are coming awaiting on springs too.
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:48 am

How is your commissions compared to Silent Scope's?
    nerfor007
    nerfor007

Post  nerfor007 Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:05 am

sorry I have to say no clue but mine are clean and that is what
    I thrive for.
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:34 am

Where's the Barrel Spacers? What is keeping the barrels in place?
    nerfor007
    nerfor007

Post  nerfor007 Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:22 pm

glue at the moment but I am sanding it down for painting
    Photo Ninja
    Photo Ninja

Post  Photo Ninja Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:54 pm

Yeah I would recommend putty around the turret mech area, other things such as reinforcing the pump mech is essential too.
    mavshot
    mavshot

Post  mavshot Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:56 pm

Dude this is a good idea though you have to deal with the fact that your twelve and unfortunatly you are trying to compete with people who have offered the service for longer and have more reputation after all silent scope invented what your trying to sell so I for one would prefer his product. This mean you need something new and captivating.

Sorry for such a long and sort of negitive post but unless you have something new to bring to the table you will struggle the fact is kids vs adult equals adult most of the time.

Hey why not offer octoshots nobody has done that yet.

My best wishes hope this helps.
    nerfor007
    nerfor007

Post  nerfor007 Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:02 pm

mavshot wrote:Dude this is a good idea though you have to deal with the fact that your twelve and unfortunatly you are trying to compete with people who have offered the service for longer and have more reputation after all silent scope invented what your trying to sell so I for one would prefer his product. This mean you need something new and captivating.

Sorry for such a long and sort of negitive post but unless you have something new to bring to the table you will struggle the fact is kids vs adult equals adult most of the time.

Hey why not offer octoshots nobody has done that yet.

My best wishes hope this helps.

Well I will be doing an octo shot for around $85 dollars.
    I am currently working on a new idea of mine but you
    should just wait around for that. I am very
    thankfull of your sugestion and have put it in to thought.
    Rooksy
    Rooksy

Post  Rooksy Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:08 pm

If you ended up being quite good and have good feedback when you start to make OctoShots, I would probably get one off you. But I guess we will have to wait and see wont we.

Thanks,
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:13 pm

I think what you're doing is great! I encourage this kind of work from our younger members, it makes it look like our younger members know what the shat they're doing.

Mavshot is correct, the Child Vs Adult thing will be an unfortunate view that most 'customers' will have. However, you can beat this stereotype of child creating more 'inferior products' against adults by doing the following.

You're going to need a good camera. Better quality pictures = more convincing. The key of taking photos (even with a cheap digital camera) is lighting. Lighting is key as if you say take this picture on a rainy day, the lens is unable to capture as much light and the picture will be fuzzy. Take this time to say take a picture say in white light or even sunlight (not too much though).

Secondly, you should demonstrate why your products are good. You're going to have to make a video about your blaster. Quick and short.

1. Here is my blaster
    2. Here it is shooting
    3. This is what I can do to them

Hope that helps. Keep up the good work =).
    nerfor007
    nerfor007

Post  nerfor007 Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:11 am

littlebro05 wrote:I think what you're doing is great! I encourage this kind of work from our younger members, it makes it look like our younger members know what the shat they're doing.

Mavshot is correct, the Child Vs Adult thing will be an unfortunate view that most 'customers' will have. However, you can beat this stereotype of child creating more 'inferior products' against adults by doing the following.

You're going to need a good camera. Better quality pictures = more convincing. The key of taking photos (even with a cheap digital camera) is lighting. Lighting is key as if you say take this picture on a rainy day, the lens is unable to capture as much light and the picture will be fuzzy. Take this time to say take a picture say in white light or even sunlight (not too much though).

Secondly, you should demonstrate why your products are good. You're going to have to make a video about your blaster. Quick and short.

1. Here is my blaster
    2. Here it is shooting
    3. This is what I can do to them

Hope that helps. Keep up the good work =).

Thanks for your ideas and I like to have lots of feedback to learn a bit more
    and I am making a video of it later today but it may not be good quality.
    You can't say that my blaster is rubbish because the only person who has tested it is me.
    But we will wait and see.
    nerfor007
    nerfor007

Post  nerfor007 Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:38 am

If someone can direct me I will keep this post up.
    thanks Nerfor007

Last edited by nerfor007 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:51 pm

http://www.oznerf.com/t3596-springs-13kg-and-16kg-options-longshot-triple-shot-hand-cannon = Hope that helps. PM Oxymoron as you can these springs in bulk for $26 per 5 13kg springs.

Also, just because you know that your blaster is 'good', how are we meant to know that they are good? Hence why you'll need to prove to us they shoot good. Avoid hot glue, it seems that you've just hot glued those barrels on your quadshot, those are going to break off.
    nerfor007
    nerfor007

Post  nerfor007 Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:27 am

I have epoxied super glued and then hot guled those barrels
    in.
    Thanks nerfor007
    Sheepie_125
    Sheepie_125

Post  Sheepie_125 Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:51 am

nerfor007 wrote:This topic is closing down in 2 days because I can not find a suitable spring
    for under $10. If someone can direct me I will keep this post up.
    thanks Nerfor007

Try industrial tool & seal companies in your area - i buy springs off bolts & industrial for prototypes for work at decent prices - havent bought any for my own blasters yet though....

https://www.bolt.com.au/compression-springs-steel-springs-c-378_381_382.html
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:59 am

Sheepie_125 wrote:
    nerfor007 wrote:This topic is closing down in 2 days because I can not find a suitable spring
    for under $10. If someone can direct me I will keep this post up.
    thanks Nerfor007

Try industrial tool & seal companies in your area - i buy springs off bolts & industrial for prototypes for work at decent prices - havent bought any for my own blasters yet though....

https://www.bolt.com.au/compression-springs-steel-springs-c-378_381_382.html

I have a cheap LS sized spring on special (it's a seconds/run out) at the moment, that may fit your bill...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/270871747447?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

At 1 buck each, you could get 10 in a satchel for $1.65 ea posted.

Would that help with your budding enterprise?

Another way would be to go with the standard spring combined with a standard LS spring, which is quite effective in this blaster.

If I may offer some suggestions...

Don't use that crappy hot glue at all, use super strength epoxy and let it cure for the full 3 days.

Don't listen to armchair critics who knock your efforts from behind the safety of their keyboard, if your products are good they will build their own reputation.

Make it neater. Don't post photos of things half done, just put up a well made finished product.

Good luck with your efforts.
    lech
    lech

Post  lech Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:19 am

Have you replaced the plunger tube? If not you will probably find that the bath plug is too tight and performance will suffer. YMMV of course.

Cheers,
    Lech
    nerfor007
    nerfor007

Post  nerfor007 Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:44 am

lech wrote:Have you replaced the plunger tube? If not you will probably find that the bath plug is too tight and performance will suffer. YMMV of course.

Cheers,
    Lech

The performance is fine if you use the right lube and
    enough but not too much. It will work awesome!!!
    Vid up soon 6 days going to Sydney tomorrow!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:58 pm