Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+21
ChrisPChips
GLMC
stoph
-mirsho
evozn
TylerMaxwell
NORTHENGHOST
sadnezz
Sicnut
pleagh
Zandor
KingCam
JayDesu
WH1PLA5H
DEATHGUYJ
Dietzie
littlebro05
Echoes
taerkitty
cfb_rolley
inf0rm3r
25 posters

The Future of BlueFoam/Glofoam & Everything else I supply

inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

The Future of BlueFoam/Glofoam & Everything else I supply Empty The Future of BlueFoam/Glofoam & Everything else I supply

Post  inf0rm3r Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:32 am

Guys, I have made a few changes in relation to how I will be developing future products. I have decided to no longer fork out of my own pocket to develop anything further, I will now be using kick start projects for anything else I continue to create. For those of you who don't know what kick start is it's basically an online funding platform for creative works. It's been very successful with thousands of products on the shelves today and books, music and videos etc. Basically how it works is if you want to see a product created you pitch in an amount and the developer of the product has brackets set for amounts you pledge. In these brackets you will receive the product or something in return. Basically how I will be doing this is for example. Donate $55 and receive 80M of foam. This is not the exact price but an example. I will make up packages and pricing for different amounts ie 50M for $80 the more you buy the cheaper it gets etc sort of system. Alongside this I will be setting up a small donation site which people can donate funds to without a return to help me along.

I have created this thread as an interest thread to gather interest into who would input money for something in return.

I do not plan to stock any foams or tips outside of these projects very soon as the commitment is to large and the profit miniscule in comparison to what my time is worth. I've already invested over 20,000 of my own personal cash into these projects and sometimes I'm lucky to cover it. Sad yes, but I don't think within this community people are doing enough, sure there are plenty of people doing heaps, but to expand nerfing further I'm going to need more financial support. I've got hundreds of ideas in the pipeline but unless a lot of people input financially they will never see the light of day.

Below are the first two products to kick off on kick start shortly.

Velocity Aero Foam (Blue Foam V2)

Velocity Aero foam formerly known as Blue foam this product will be similar but with some minor improvements. 10% density Increase, Less tolerance/variance in diameter remaining within 12.6-12.9MM. AVAILABLE IN ROD OR TUBE! ROD is only available in 0.5M lengths. Tube is only available in Pre-cut 6.4CM lengths as normal.

Minimum Funding Amount Before Project Commences
    $5,500

If you donate the following you receive the following:
    $5-$30 - A mention in the Credits as well as custom rank of your choosing on the upcoming VelocityTag Website
    $56 - 80M Foam
    $137 - 250M Foam
    $250 - 500M Foam
    $450 - 1000M Foam
    $800 - 2000M Foam

Velocity GloFoam

$5,500

$5-$30 - A mention in the Credits as well as custom rank of your choosing on the upcoming VelocityTag Website
    $56 - 80M Foam
    $137 - 250M Foam
    $250 - 500M Foam
    $450 - 1000M Foam
    $800 - 2000M Foam

Velocity Agility Tips

Previously known as Ltie Tips Generation (3). This is the final step in the creation of a perfect performing dart type. This is the absolute peak of performance in darts you cannot achieve any better. This is proven from all the copy designs re-produced in a number of countries. The primary differences will be Softer materials, no pain on impact, trenches on stub to increase glue strength, further optimized head shape. If you liked Lite Tips Gen1/2 you will love these.

$3,000

$45 - Receive 500 Agility Tips (0.09EA)
    $90 - Receive 1000 Agility Tips (0.09EA)
    $170 - Receive 2000 Agility Tips (0.85EA)
    $400 - Receive 5000 Agility Tips IN A COLOUR OF YOUR CHOICE (Inclusive of shipping to your door)

Only serious interest. If there is lack of support be prepared to lose these products forever and pay premium price for others developing them. I have been honest and provided a cheap product for over 2 years to the community worldwide. If you have a problem with the price purchase items from others who charge more than 50% extra for less of a product.

The Kickstart projects will commence if I feel there is enough interest to continue.

cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

The Future of BlueFoam/Glofoam & Everything else I supply Empty Re: The Future of BlueFoam/Glofoam & Everything else I supply

Post  cfb_rolley Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:56 am

I'm interested. I'll do a post or perhaps a few on my blog linking to the kickstarter project if it goes ahead to gather a bit more backing. I haven't tried your products yet but judging by the massive amounts of positive feedback I've seen about your gear I'm happy to get behind it. how long are you planning to run the kickstarter for?
    taerkitty
    taerkitty

The Future of BlueFoam/Glofoam & Everything else I supply Empty Re: The Future of BlueFoam/Glofoam & Everything else I supply

Post  taerkitty Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:58 am

I'm overseas, and I'm interested. However, the catch will be shipping to The States.

@cfb_rolley - inf0rm3r is a very good seller. I've no reservations recommending him, and I hope shipping is not so great as to prohibit me from joining in on this.
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:02 am

I've ordered hundreds of metres of foam, and thousands of sili tips from Informer. All fantastic stuff, and it's all been a big part in building up Sydney's warring community to what it is today.

I'll pledge $200 (perhaps more, depending on how things go) to get this project going.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:39 am

Clem0x and myself will be ordering 5000 Lite V3 Silicone Tips and 5000 Foam Blanks (they better be about streamline diametre as well by the way :P) mid year so I'm definitely in.

I believe inf0rm3r's work has helped build the Australian community as a whole. Mainly QLD, SA, NSW, VIC and WA (through what I've seen announced over publicly) and communities behind the scenes as I know inf0rm3r has sold a ridiculous amount over Ebay. Consistently being sold as well and increasing. I've been on trips with him to the post office, and the local post office is forced to work hard because of the amount of orders that are thrown in.

And for the Canberra Nerf Group who seem adament (beside our local mad dude, Jeo) to forever use stock darts, these are NOT stefans. Stefans have hot glue domes with a metal weight. Slugs have a metal washer with foam pad. Get your terms right! =).

These darts are 100% soft silicone and are SAFE. These things actually shoot straighter and further out of the Rayven (since it seems like a growing trend in the community in general) unlike those streamlines which spray and pray everywhere.

Please help support the velocitytag company (run by inf0rm3r), this will surely revolutionise the foam slinging in the future nationally and internationally as well.
    Dietzie
    Dietzie

Post  Dietzie Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:59 am

I'll help as I can. Can't put in a great deal though due to being a full time single parent.
    Every little bit helps hey?
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

Post  cfb_rolley Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:06 am

well that settles it, any support you need from my blog (as small time as it may be..), you've got it. in the mean time, are gen 2 foams and lite tips still available?
    DEATHGUYJ
    DEATHGUYJ

Post  DEATHGUYJ Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:27 am

im very interested ill be putting some funds into this when it commences
    WH1PLA5H
    WH1PLA5H

Post  WH1PLA5H Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:51 am

I would be interested in the "$137 - 250M Foam" (or more for sure) for the Rod product, presuming that it would be suited to a modded stampede type setup? What bullet length would be recommended for that also? And also with a heavy and hardish tip also? Thanks.
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:00 pm

Agility or the current gen2 lites will suite that setup nicely. For all clip blasters it's recommended to use 6.4cm streamline length, this length is optimal for the tips. At the moment the tips are compatible out of the box with tube, but if you cut the stub off they'll work on rod of course.
    JayDesu
    JayDesu

Post  JayDesu Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:04 pm

I'm willing to contribute to the VA Tips.
    KingCam
    KingCam

Post  KingCam Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:11 pm

That a sham I what hopping in for green and purple foam, never mind

I will be happy to donate towards Blue Foam V2 and Lite Tips Generation 3, but not the GloFoam as I think it will be any good for Nerf war in parks as you will have a hard time trying to find your darts if they are made from GloFoam.

From Cameron.

Last edited by KingCam on Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zandor
    Zandor

Post  Zandor Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:41 pm

Although here in Tasmania we don't have such large groups as on the mainland, but I can definitely vouch for (at least) my group that we all practically use your blue foam darts where able, and by far the best you can get, period.

I'll definitely be pledging a 'within-budget-reason' amount to the cause of both the new foam and the tips

To be honest I've been holding off getting more of the regular Heavy Sili darts & Stinger darts in anticipation for the new generation (for both me and my brother). But with this news I think I'll have to buy some Gen 1 stuff (if it's still available :P) while I wait for the new ones
    pleagh
    pleagh

Post  pleagh Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:22 am

Happy to support (with $ of course) the development of these awesome products. And looking forward to see what you come up with next.

Sicnut
    Sicnut

Post  Sicnut Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Yeah I'll donate for the caps and the blue foam. How though?
    sadnezz
    sadnezz

Post  sadnezz Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:38 pm

Quick question. Is my pre-order as in this system or not? If yes then I maybe will increase my order to help you out.
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:35 am

Alex yes, it's keyed in but not finalized so you can change to whatever you need
    sadnezz
    sadnezz

Post  sadnezz Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:14 am

inf0m3r, emailed you already on the update.
    NORTHENGHOST
    NORTHENGHOST

Post  NORTHENGHOST Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:39 am

How long do we have to donate?

Everyone should pitch in to help such a good cause. Every little bit counts.

Please don't let some thing as amazing as blue foam just disappear.
    WH1PLA5H
    WH1PLA5H

Post  WH1PLA5H Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:23 am

any chance of a reply to my email champ about current stock and an order... please
    TylerMaxwell
    TylerMaxwell

Post  TylerMaxwell Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:27 am

The faster you start that KickStarter the easier getting pledges will be.
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:56 pm

WH1PLA5H wrote:any chance of a reply to my email champ about current stock and an order... please

Which is your email? I've replied to a couple in relation to available stock hopefully it was you.

WH1PLA5H
    WH1PLA5H

Post  WH1PLA5H Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:14 pm

Yea mate, you got me in the replies. I sent another back for you
    evozn
    evozn

Post  evozn Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:27 pm

I have sent an email about the new tips but never got a reply, are gen 2 lites in yet?
    sadnezz
    sadnezz

Post  sadnezz Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Inf0rm3r is quite busy actually. Sometimes will take a week or two for his reply. Patience is the keyword
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:55 pm

evozn wrote:I have sent an email about the new tips but never got a reply, are gen 2 lites in yet?

Yes

Can you re-send.
    Echoes
    Echoes

Post  Echoes Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:22 pm

Any word on the kickstart thingies for your products yet, informer?
    -mirsho
    -mirsho

Post  -mirsho Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:25 pm

I'll put some dough down for the VA tips.
    stoph
    stoph

Post  stoph Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:30 am

I'd be down for the minimum tips and foam ($45 and $56 respectively).
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Wed May 09, 2012 11:43 am

Funding Campaign is up for GloFoam and AeroFoam Blue! Please Pledge, you'll get the foam at the best pre-order price available

Spread the word! Without this funding this product will cease to exist!

http://www.indiegogo.com/aerofoam?a=600371
    We are using indiegogo, it's the same as kickstarter but it accepts paypal as well as credit cards.
    GLMC
    GLMC

Post  GLMC Wed May 09, 2012 12:31 pm

hey informer how much for one of those AT2Ks shipped to 2785 NSW?

GLMC
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Wed May 09, 2012 12:32 pm

$60.00
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

Post  cfb_rolley Fri May 11, 2012 4:19 pm

Posted on my blog about it, hopefully that'll rally a bit more support for you. I'll make a pledge next week some time. do you still have tips in stock to go with the foam?
    inf0rm3r
    inf0rm3r
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  inf0rm3r Sat May 12, 2012 3:45 am

Yeah, if all the money is raised successfully and in excess. I'm hoping to add the HVZ Soft tips to order with the foam. There are basically Lite Tips but 6 x softer.

The Normal lite tips and heavy tips are usually always available
    cfb_rolley
    cfb_rolley

Post  cfb_rolley Sat May 12, 2012 3:48 am

Ahh sweet. Man I hope it takes off!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:09 pm