Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

4 posters

Vulcan Timing Issues.

grimrecka
    grimrecka

Vulcan Timing Issues. Empty Vulcan Timing Issues.

Post  grimrecka Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:23 am

I recently got one of Servulus' 11kg Vulcan springs. I installed it yesterday and it's working perfectly when using manual fire. However things start to muck up when I use it in full auto.

For about the first 5 or so darts everything goes fine but eventually one dart will get stuck halfway between the barrel and the belt and it'll jam the whole thing up. What I have also noticed is that when it does actually fire the dart, about 1 in 2 darts exit the barrel significantly slower than normal.

Based on these two things, what I think is happening is that the plunger tube isn't making a good seal with the belt or the tube is retracting too early.

Another possibility is that the clutch in the belt gear is slipping, causing the belt to lag behind. Currently it's running on 12V from a power supply that can provide up to about 3-4 amps. I had run the Vulcan stock at 12V with the original spring and it worked fine so I doubt it's the slightly increased feed speed might be causing slippage.

So I was just wondering if anybody that's had more experience diagnosing Vulcan issues could provide some insight into what's causing this.
    Thanks
    evozn
    evozn

Vulcan Timing Issues. Empty Re: Vulcan Timing Issues.

Post  evozn Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:25 am

You have to glue the slip clutch to stop the slip.
    grimrecka
    grimrecka

Post  grimrecka Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:45 am

evozn wrote:You have to glue the slip clutch to stop the slip.

Alright, I'll give it a shot.
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:43 am

I have never had to glue anything in any of my 6 vulcans. The only ones that had problems were the series one vulcans (hopeless by design) But if your using a new type (or one bought in the last year or there about) then you shouldnt have a problem... Also dont use belts from the series one set either, they cause problems too... I need a digital camera to explain this properly, something i am yet to buy.
    |Shadow|
    |Shadow|

Post  |Shadow| Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:17 am

Servulus wrote:I have never had to glue anything in any of my 6 vulcans. The only ones that had problems were the series one vulcans (hopeless by design) But if your using a new type (or one bought in the last year or there about) then you shouldnt have a problem... Also dont use belts from the series one set either, they cause problems too... I need a digital camera to explain this properly, something i am yet to buy.

Is there any marking on the blaster to tell if it is a series one?
    Example (non Nerf related): The first XBOX you could look on the bottom of the case and the warranty label had the version number on it.
    grimrecka
    grimrecka

Post  grimrecka Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:35 am

Servulus wrote:I have never had to glue anything in any of my 6 vulcans. The only ones that had problems were the series one vulcans (hopeless by design) But if your using a new type (or one bought in the last year or there about) then you shouldnt have a problem... Also dont use belts from the series one set either, they cause problems too... I need a digital camera to explain this properly, something i am yet to buy.

Unfortunately I think it is a series one Vulcan. I bought it second hand off a mate who got it for Christmas a couple years back (before 2010). Is there any way to distinguish the different versions? I've got one of the newest belts (the ones that cover only half the dart at the front) and two older belts, which aren't the original ones that had an dud link at both ends, but are still fully covered at the front.

I didn't end up gluing the clutch as when I pulled it out it still appeared to be quite strong. Overall the it seems to be running a bit better now. I'm making sure that the lid is kept down firmly and I haven't had any more jams, but the ranges have dropped down to a consistent 8-9m when running auto when it's still doing about 15-17m manual.
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:13 am

Ok sounds like a series one, the one way to tell on the gun itself is there is a barrel extension piece that slots in to the barrel (this was done away with on the series 2 gun). The other way is the belts, the new ones come with that section cut out.

The series on and series 2 belts only work in the gun they were designed for, the spacing is ever so slightly different.
    grimrecka
    grimrecka

Post  grimrecka Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:30 am

Well I think I've found the problem. The issue seems to be the the plunger tube not getting fully pushed forward and therefore not locking in place. It only happens when its blocked from moving forward, and something is also preventing it from springing back in this state. I'm going to open it again this afternoon and see if I can give it a bit more resistance so it can get the extra 1 mm or so and get locked forward.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:34 pm