Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

4 posters

Question on where to buy the brass required for brass breech for Longshot on the Gold Coast.

rjbprime
    rjbprime

Question on where to buy the brass required for brass breech for Longshot on the Gold Coast. Empty Question on where to buy the brass required for brass breech for Longshot on the Gold Coast.

Post  rjbprime Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:14 am

Hi all,

Just trying to source the required brass tubing for the Longshot brass breech on the Gold Coast. My Google-fu is turning up stores that have it, but not all components.
    I would like to buy all pieces from the one business, at the same time. I have even ring up a local plumbing supplies business, and they said they will get back to me tomorrow. I have found a hobby business in Helensvale that has a couple of pieces, not all though.

Is there a store near Oxenford that stocks it? I don't want to pay shipping, and don't want to travel too far north (I don't have a car, and the public transit is dodgy), so an business in the Oxenford area would be ideal.

Can someone please help?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Question on where to buy the brass required for brass breech for Longshot on the Gold Coast. Empty Re: Question on where to buy the brass required for brass breech for Longshot on the Gold Coast.

Post  clunk07 Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:36 am

Yeh, have fun with that. Most hobby stores only stock a few of the sizes required. I normally have to source mine online from up to 3 different stores.

I seriously doubt you'll have much luck with a plumbing store, as they predominantly use copper rather than brass - common misconception. And, the brass required (K&S brand) is a hobby supplier.

Good Luck.

Cheers,
    rjbprime
    rjbprime

Question on where to buy the brass required for brass breech for Longshot on the Gold Coast. Empty Re: Question on where to buy the brass required for brass breech for Longshot on the Gold Coast.

Post  rjbprime Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:18 pm

Is there something I can substitute for brass? As I really don't like the shipping costs. The local stores have bits and pieces, no-one has a full set of K&S brand brass tubing, and the pieces that they do have range from $7.99 to $12.99 a piece.

Call me a cheap bastard, but being on a pension precludes many monetary things.
    lech
    lech

Post  lech Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:41 pm

There are alternative breeches including ones that utilize aluminium or conduit, however there aren't really comprehensive instructions and results have been mixed at best. Brass is the tried and true standard for the Longshot.

Recently a member here (hideNseek) was selling complete breech kits for about $30, as others have done in the past. You could try PMing him.
    Eclipse
    Eclipse

Post  Eclipse Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:12 pm

Matt Moo Lee on the Sydney Nerf Wars Facebook page is making a batch at the moment. You should have a shot at contacting him, you'll have to pay shipping, but.
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:22 pm

rjbprime wrote:Is there something I can substitute for brass? As I really don't like the shipping costs. The local stores have bits and pieces, no-one has a full set of K&S brand brass tubing, and the pieces that they do have range from $7.99 to $12.99 a piece.

Call me a cheap bastard, but being on a pension precludes many monetary things.

Brass is probably your best option, seriously. Even if it means waiting for a while to save up a bit of extra coin. Expect to pay somewhere around $40 for a pre-made brass breech, including postage.

Cheers,
    rjbprime
    rjbprime

Post  rjbprime Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:40 pm

I've been reading up about CPVC breeches. Is it possible to substitute an Australian material for it? Something I can get from local suppliers? I'd prefer brass, but getting all of it at the same time looks to be troublesome. I just checked ebay, and its almost $24 dollars for 3 feet of one size, and half of that is shipping.

I would like to still fire unmodded streamlines, so its still compatible with the group I Nerf with. Is this possible?
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:48 pm

You could try this, but it's an advanced mod, and you might not have all the required tooling.

http://www.oznerf.com/t2771-longshot-b-reach-rev3-write-up-picture-heavy

Cheers,

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:23 am