Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+2
frostythesnowman
skyros
6 posters

Dismantling Nerf Vulcan Slip Clutch

skyros
    skyros

Dismantling Nerf Vulcan Slip Clutch Empty Dismantling Nerf Vulcan Slip Clutch

Post  skyros Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:13 am

Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to best dismantle the Vulcan slip clutch.

The mod I'm performing is a loop of 3x 25dart belts. Unfortunately, the weight of all these belts causes the slip clutch to well, slip, so I need to glue it. I tried prying it apart, but it appears either glued or stuck on there very tightly, and I'm afraid of breaking it.

Searching online revealed a lot of Maverick clutches but no Vulcans.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Dismantling Nerf Vulcan Slip Clutch Slipcl10
    frostythesnowman
    frostythesnowman

Dismantling Nerf Vulcan Slip Clutch Empty Re: Dismantling Nerf Vulcan Slip Clutch

Post  frostythesnowman Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:51 am

oznerfnerd would be you best bet for this one.

maybe you could just drill a small hole into the side and pump the hot glue/prefered substance through the hole. thats probably what i would do.
    skyros
    skyros

Dismantling Nerf Vulcan Slip Clutch Empty Re: Dismantling Nerf Vulcan Slip Clutch

Post  skyros Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:39 pm

Perhaps I will PM him and see if he has any suggestions. Thanks!
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:38 am

I have pulled one of these apart before, but i dont remember how i got it apart or if i ever put it back together again. But i have definitely disassembled one of these before.
    skyros
    skyros

Post  skyros Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:00 am

mmm... well if you do remember or have any suggestions please let me know. I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out how to get this apart. I'm thinking maybe goo gone might loosen the glue.
    oznerfnerd
    oznerfnerd
    Trade Merchant
    Trade Merchant

Post  oznerfnerd Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:50 am

Servulus wrote:I have pulled one of these apart before, but i dont remember how i got it apart or if i ever put it back together again. But i have definitely disassembled one of these before.

Yep, that's where I'm at.

I've done it, but I can't remember.

It's either got a screw down the middle that you remove (that might be the Maverick though), or I just sprayed it out with contact cleaner then dripped super strength araldite into the gaps between the moving parts and sat it out to dry.

I'm almost sure that's how I did it.
    skyros
    skyros

Post  skyros Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:23 pm

*EDIT* - Posted final picture

Well after several failed attempts I went with frosty's suggestion of drilling a hole then pouring in Gorilla Glue. So far it seems to be working really well.

Dismantling Nerf Vulcan Slip Clutch Done10

Thank you very much for your help everyone, I really appreciate it!

Next step, motors!!

Im considering buying a few cheap hobby motors online and have narrowed it down to these 3 (I cant post the links yet):
    Type 3 DC Robot Motor
    18V 10400 RPM DC Motor
    Jameco 24v 22600rpm DC Motor
    Molon CMO-1237 (used by other vulcan mods)

Once they arrive, Ill let you know which one seems to work best. My money is on the Jameco motor. I should be able to crank the voltage on it without any problems.

Cheers!
    skyros
    skyros

Post  skyros Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:30 am

Soooo.. after letting the glue dry I realized that I had glued the entire slip clutch together, when I had only intended the front part. This has essentially made my gun useless.
    Does anyone have a spare clutch lying around they no longer need? PM me a price (I also posted in the WTB section)
    Thanks
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:35 am

It is possibly going to be cheaper for you to buy a new vulcan there in the US than to send one of these over from Australia to you. Postage will cost you around AU$11.50 + part, means taking apart a vulcan to get it out I dont have any lying about the house, have plenty of dead vulcans though. I personally would advise you to buy more then one extra vulcan for parts.
    skyros
    skyros

Post  skyros Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Yea, I've been posting around local forums too. So far no luck. I suppose I could grab a vulcan off ebay, but shipping will still be expensive.
    Thanks for the heads up on the shipping costs!
    Servulus
    Servulus
    Donator
    Donator

Post  Servulus Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:24 am

skyros wrote:Yea, I've been posting around local forums too. So far no luck. I suppose I could grab a vulcan off ebay, but shipping will still be expensive.
    Thanks for the heads up on the shipping costs!

Couldnt you go to a store in US and buy one off the shelf?
    Nemesis
    Nemesis

Post  Nemesis Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:03 pm

In future I wont be pulling them apart I will just glue around the outside edge on the side where the orange belt feed fits.
    I have pulled mine apart and are having problems fitting it back together.
    It uses press on orange rings which bite into a pressing on the shalf.
    Mine has now broken the rings and doesn't wont to line up properly an jams the belt feed.
    Looks like I will have to try again on one of my other Vulcan.
    skyros
    skyros

Post  skyros Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:11 am

Just another quick update. I did manage to procure another clutch so I'm back in action. I also found an easy way to disassemble the clutch. Soak it in boiling water for about 5 min. The orange retainer comes right off.

After gluing the proper parts and reassembling, my Vulcan is working great.

Next step, motors and batteries. I've ordered a few different motors from online hobby shops which should be here soon. Ill post an update when they come in!
    Brotown
    Brotown

Post  Brotown Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:23 am

Servulus wrote:It is possibly going to be cheaper for you to buy a new vulcan there in the US than to send one of these over from Australia to you. Postage will cost you around AU$11.50 + part, means taking apart a vulcan to get it out I dont have any lying about the house, have plenty of dead vulcans though. I personally would advise you to buy more then one extra vulcan for parts.
    Hey Servulus, out of those dead Vulcans you have, would you happen to have the whole Air restrictor bit that i could buy off you?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:50 pm