Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+35
AbyssHD
Nooft1187
evozn
Swatsonia
Rooksy
andtheherois
Bailey
mrgrayma
Nerf Doctor
TheBradl3s
O.W.L
ShootEmUp
liam_skywalker
phuonguyen
TheKhakinator
littlebro05
*Nerfer~Sludge*
False
bulletproofvest
radiantraidercs-35
bakabill
anarchistfromhell2000
Foam Militia
Biggles
Chaos-Blades
mattybra123
Reaper
frawft
-Aj-
chinnerz
Hamish
CobraNerf
Roger Explosion
steadyon
melbourneSTORM4eva
39 posters

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's

False
    False

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Empty Homemades

Post  False Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:21 am

Hello all, This is my homemade scope. I take no credit for this idea as all inspiration was drawn from here . anyway here it is:
    Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 00410
    Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 00510
    Sorry for that blurry picture, I had a non-blurry one but while I was uploading the picture my camera ran out of batteries .
    *Nerfer~Sludge*
    *Nerfer~Sludge*

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Empty h

Post  *Nerfer~Sludge* Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:26 am

thats a really cool scope and is it attachable on say a nite finder
    if so you could sell them and make some money
    False
    False

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Empty Homemades

Post  False Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 am

@K00perboy. Thanks and yeah it is attachable on any gun with a tac rail. But IMO there is really no need for scopes in the nerfing world as no gun would have the range that would be needed to make the scope practical. It was mainly a fun little thing to do mainly for looks.
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Empty Re: Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's

Post  littlebro05 Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:53 am

XxEliteSniperxX wrote:@K00perboy. Thanks and yeah it is attachable on any gun with a tac rail. But IMO there is really no need for scopes in the nerfing world as no gun would have the range that would be needed to make the scope practical. It was mainly a fun little thing to do mainly for looks.

Unless it's a big blast or singled gun, scopes just won't work.
    TheKhakinator
    TheKhakinator

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Empty Re: Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's

Post  TheKhakinator Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:16 am

littlebro05 wrote:
    XxEliteSniperxX wrote:@K00perboy. Thanks and yeah it is attachable on any gun with a tac rail. But IMO there is really no need for scopes in the nerfing world as no gun would have the range that would be needed to make the scope practical. It was mainly a fun little thing to do mainly for looks.

Unless it's a big blast or singled gun, scopes just won't work.
    Useful if you're playing in a big area as binoculars if the magnification is decent, if you want to see far away. For aiming purposes, i.e. as a scope, pretty useless all round. Nerf guns aren't accurate enough really to warrant it and definitely don't have the range.
    phuonguyen
    phuonguyen

Post  phuonguyen Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:18 am

No more comments without a picture in this thread please, the rest of the forum is there for a reason.
    liam_skywalker
    liam_skywalker

Post  liam_skywalker Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:32 am

1st a little back story.
    I love melee weapons alot. I'm told i was born in the wrong century.
    EDIT: a month from start to finish, but bout a day's work in total.

The morningstar!

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 10291011
    ShootEmUp
    ShootEmUp

Post  ShootEmUp Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:23 am

My bow
    Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Img_0310[i]
    chinnerz
    chinnerz

Post  chinnerz Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:09 am

ShootEmUp's post reminded me of a Nerf Bow concept i was working on a while back..

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Bowconcept.th

It will be made to fit regular Nerf Magazines. The image explains how it will work.

Expected results: ~ 80-120ft (So war legal)

Maintenance:
    Due to the sliding parts on this bow, regular cleaning and lubrication will need to be carried out.

Design notes:
    > Blow limbs are to be made from laminated Oak and Perspex to allow for stiffness and flexibility will keep adding material till i get about 20-30 pound draw weight.
    >Limbs are to be bolted to a shaped block of pine. This block is where the user will hold the bow.
    >Piston is to made from cast epoxy for a near perfect fit. O-rings may or may not be added.
    >Plunger rod is to made from 10mm Ally pipe for durability.
    >Barrel material is currently unknown, i would rally like to make it from brass if i can find the right size.

All other design elements are undecided.

I will be building in a few weeks if i can find something for the barrel.

Any Comments|ideas|suggestions|flames, just PM me.

Also to the admins of the forum, i think you should allow comments in this section so people have the opportunity to suggest changes to increase efficiency, etc, of the ideas which people come up with. But hey, its your site which gives you guys the ability to do what ever you see fit.
    O.W.L
    O.W.L

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Empty FBMFS (picture heavy)

Post  O.W.L Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:18 am

The F.B.M.F.S
    F ugly
    B laster
    M ade
    F rom
    S cratch
    Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 L1080410
    Needs 3-4 pumps
    Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 L1080411
    It has a detachable pump...
    Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 L1080412
    The pump is dual-action 8 inch sport pump from Amart All Sports in Rundle mall.
    Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 L1080413
    Attaches using the yellow attachment from the pack.
    Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 L1080414
    I covered the yellow piece in Araldite and stuck it down the cut tube connecting to the tank of a Quick Shots Super Soaker i had in my shed.
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:01 pm

Not great pics but meh, you know what it is!

Dis is mai bow! All Aussie materials, featuring a 32mm PVC Plunger Tube, AJ's 32mm Bath plug plunger-head acting a a skirt seal which is semi 'dank'
    It has been some time in the making, but its finished and it works! Although I have no idea of the ranges. Anyway, heres some pics. Its also in the middle of a paint job.

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Img2774gShow off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Img2775pzShow off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Img2776uhShow off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Img2778bShow off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Img2779y

- Brad
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:31 pm

Guess, from this blury picture, what this may beeeeeeee.

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Img2807o

and in all catchy-ness

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Img2808s

You will know when its finished.

- Brad
    Nerf Doctor
    Nerf Doctor

Post  Nerf Doctor Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:47 am

My homemade.
    Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 P3060011
    Very accurate with a 5' CPVC barrel(no kidding, hit a 2" wide flag pole from 50 feet away) and is extremely powerful. All shots were lost way past the end of my 300' tape measure.
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:48 pm

Me again. AusBow Side Plates.

These are for my new, better AusBow. They will may avalable for sale soon.

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Abow1sideShow off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Abow2side

Nice looking A instead of a +, don't ya think?

- Brad
    Roger Explosion
    Roger Explosion
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  Roger Explosion Sun May 15, 2011 11:00 am

A core for Defend the aforementioned.
    Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Imgp1701

tests show plastic tubs can't withstand.
    Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Imgp1707t

Further tests show they still can't withstand.
    Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Imgp1709m
    bulletproofvest
    bulletproofvest

Post  bulletproofvest Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:31 pm

Just an idea-
    Just have to make a catch mech an you have a good easy SNAP

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Snap_b10
    mrgrayma
    mrgrayma

Post  mrgrayma Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:03 am

I just finished this.

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 2011-07-23-57507

An all Aussie 2-11.
    TheBradl3s
    TheBradl3s

Post  TheBradl3s Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:00 pm

Been a while in the making, but here it is! The finished tornado bow. Its a +bow inside of the tornado shell!
    Even with a homeade trigger!

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Img0159uhShow off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Img0161lf

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Img0163yShow off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Img0165be

Pwn.

- Brad
    Bailey
    Bailey

Post  Bailey Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:46 am

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Img_1125
    Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Img_1126

Homemade foam rackets for use with my homemade cobra rocket launcher. Don't know how big these are to a titan rocket. Made from pool noodles. They get about 50' range flat.

PM me for a write up.
    andtheherois
    andtheherois

Post  andtheherois Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:24 am

Finished this. First documented non-louie made RevShot.
    Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 IMG_3339
    Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 IMG_3343

Handle is super comfy, but needs to be redone. can you tell the mistake I made. It's why I need the E-tape to hold it up.
    Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 IMG_3340

Brass breech baby!
    Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 IMG_3342
    Rooksy
    Rooksy

Post  Rooksy Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:19 pm

So I decided to do a Snap Carbine, I would like it if you Sent me a Pm telling me if you like it or not.

Its made out of all Aussie materials, It still needs some touch ups and is only hitting about 75' at the moment.

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Img06710

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Img06410

Thanks,
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:35 am

Supa-comfy, supa-powerful Perth Carbine. Features a 13kg SSSpring, 32mm bathplug head. 95% seal, but shoots super hard. Also dry fire proof, as the bathplug doesn't hit the 25mm to 15mm reducer, which any barrel system attaches to. Works well with RSCBs, Hoppers and speedloaders, yet to try inline clips.

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 MGalleryItem
    littlebro05
    littlebro05
    War Organiser
    War Organiser

Post  littlebro05 Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:49 am

Hey Swats. I've actually discovered that 90-95% o ring seal will give the best results. If it's 100%, you'll actually lose abit of range because the plunger isn't moving as fast because of friction.

Since the plunger is moving so fast, the small amount of air loss is MINIMAL and insignificant. Looks fully sick.
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:26 am

Yeah, the piston's movement is quite optimal at the moment, even with the extra weight from the reinforcements and bolt handle.
    evozn
    evozn

Post  evozn Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:19 pm

32mm Snap carbine. Fully operational
    32mm Snap. Requires handle
    20mm Snap carbine. Was fully operational, body started to crack and needed replacing.

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Img_0113

Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:11 pm

Finished it:

World's first documented Pump Action Snap Carbine to my knowledge.

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 MGalleryItem
    evozn
    evozn

Post  evozn Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:47 pm

[url=https://servimg.com/view/16603949/171][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f40/16/60/39/49/img_0211.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=https://servimg.com/view/16603949/172][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f40/16/60/39/49/img_0212.jpg[/img][/url]
    Nooft1187
    Nooft1187

Post  Nooft1187 Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:05 pm

evozn
    evozn

Post  evozn Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:18 pm

[img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f40/16/60/39/49/img_0313.jpg [/img]

Laser aimer prop, custom tripod, 3x 20mm UPVC 1m long legs connected into a 40x20 PVC reducer, 20mm PVC with half 20mm UPVC coupler connects into the laser aimer via 20mm UPVC. Laser aimer is made of a deploy mag well, 32mm UPVC scope and green polycarbonate.
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Thu May 17, 2012 9:35 am

Snapbow Mk5 ala L96 - now with more bolt action! K26 at near full compression, wooden furniture, anti face rape shield and bolt guide.

Not doing commissions for these soon.

AbyssHD
    AbyssHD

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Empty Comment.

Post  AbyssHD Thu May 17, 2012 10:44 am

Nice!

I like the idea of the 'Anti-Face Rape Shield.'
    It's very uhhhhhh,unique.
    i'll just use that word for it. =_=
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Thu May 17, 2012 11:11 am

Well, plunger rods that extend that far are often the cause of "face rape", so I simply removed the threat with a shield. Makes enough sense, no?
    AbyssHD
    AbyssHD

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 Empty Yeah!

Post  AbyssHD Thu May 17, 2012 11:31 am

It sure does.
    Swatsonia
    Swatsonia

Post  Swatsonia Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:10 am

Bowpup!

Also a bunch of other vids on my channel, feel free to do all that youtube stuff if you want.
    makeitgo
    makeitgo

Post  makeitgo Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:57 am

My latest home made and invention. Still some kinks to be worked out and the priming grip needs some work but it's functional.

*As of yet, still unnamed.

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 26FDD1EE-E554-4981-896F-580C9C1EC16A-1006-00000150C658A717_zps298ad42d

Bull Pup design.
    Pump action "pull" back.
    Full 7.25" draw.
    Total length; 20.5" (main body, stock, plunger tube, plunger rod and barrel.)

Primed.
    Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 57F87274-E3AE-4D90-829F-C864B5595464-1006-00000150CBFF31BE_zpsa0ab68bc

Ready to fire.
    Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 7E32853C-C246-4DB6-9F65-CC05B7397BAE-1006-00000150D01C3C38_zps366bfe1d

Size comparison;
    Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 17D4296D-3358-4D3B-963C-458D4315EE2B-1006-0000015787E1FEB4_zpsa3cc01bd

Show off Picture's only, of your Homemade Nerf guns/idea's - Page 2 A6BB64D0-5941-4677-A5F3-3578708B9287-1006-00000157804155E6_zpsb6ccf0d1

Write up coming as soon as I finsh it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 pm