Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+2
flyjammer
Biggles
6 posters

Maverick turret alignment problem

Biggles
    Biggles

Maverick turret alignment problem Empty Maverick turret alignment problem

Post  Biggles Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:56 am

Hi guys,

This is going to sound really nooby but my maverick does not align the turret propely. The turret is always slightly out of sinc with the plunger. If you know what to do please help.

Thanks in advance.

Biggles
    flyjammer
    flyjammer

Maverick turret alignment problem Empty Re: Maverick turret alignment problem

Post  flyjammer Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:47 am

I have the exact same problem, couldn't fix it either,
    But I think taking it apart and tweaking the rotayion rachet might do it, but be warned, I tried but it took me AGES to put the turning system back together.
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:20 am

I'm also trying to fix this.. but it's tricky.

in the meantime... when you load your maverick and are about to fire it for the 1st of the 6 shots, use your hand and gently rotate it as far as it will go clockwise (if you're 'behind' the gun, counterclockwise if you're looking down the business end), when you feel it coming into contact with the rotation mech stop, you dont want to puch past this. so the dart about to be fired gets rotated towards the plunger outlet... this will align it perfectly for the 1st shot and most of the time the stock rotation mech will keep it aligned for the next 4-5

Aj
    Biggles
    Biggles

Post  Biggles Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:27 am

@AJ: I have just tryed this. Sadly this method of operation gave no improvement,

Biggles
    Biggles
    Biggles

Post  Biggles Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:42 am

Sorry for the double post.

On cloder inspection it appears that it sometimes aligns but every time I pull the trigger it just a makes a dry-fiery noise and prjects nothing nut air.

Biggles
    Hamish
    Hamish

Post  Hamish Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:52 am

Ok I just got back from K-mart with a Maverick.

I think your problem might be that your turret is to loose, You can check this by pulling your turret back towards you then keep pressing the trigger.

If this is the case you will need to use one of the AR springs. You insert that at the front of the turret underneath the grey part.

Thanks,

Hamish
    -Aj-
    -Aj-

Post  -Aj- Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:18 am

Actually that's not the problem, I've already done that to all my mavs. The problem is with the rotation mech and the lever that pulls them. The nib on the lever is too small, but making it bigger changes the ammount the turret rotates ...

Aj
    kickmiass

Post  kickmiass Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:33 pm

-Aj- wrote:Actually that's not the problem, I've already done that to all my mavs. The problem is with the rotation mech and the lever that pulls them. The nib on the lever is too small, but making it bigger changes the ammount the turret rotates ...

Aj

Does anyone have a good image of the cross section of the gun? a working one that is.. maybe i can work out why its out of alignment because its really strange how people mod it and it does this alignment crap..
    jakster
    jakster

Post  jakster Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:33 pm

Well i do sometimes have a similar problem with my Mavs. Its usually because i just pull the trigger all the way down straight out, however when i pull the trigger to the point where its just about the fire the turret kinda aligns with the plunger a bit better so the dart fires every time when i pull it all the way (if that makes sense >.>). Not sure if this will help at all or if its just useless info but give it a shot if you havent already.
    kickmiass

Post  kickmiass Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:35 pm

jakster wrote:Well i do sometimes have a similar problem with my Mavs. Its usually because i just pull the trigger all the way down straight out, however when i pull the trigger to the point where its just about the fire the turret kinda aligns with the plunger a bit better so the dart fires every time when i pull it all the way (if that makes sense >.>). Not sure if this will help at all or if its just useless info but give it a shot if you havent already.

nah its out of whack.. even normally shooting its out of alignment.. however if i line it up perfectly it does shoots really well.
    jakster
    jakster

Post  jakster Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:42 pm

Well i just shot myself in the eye while trying to look down the barrel...

My Mav is lining up fine BEFORE i pull the trigger down all the way, so i dunno. I must of done something by accident while modding it...

Im out of ideas haha.
    kickmiass

Post  kickmiass Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:50 pm

jakster wrote:Well i just shot myself in the eye while trying to look down the barrel...

My Mav is lining up fine BEFORE i pull the trigger down all the way, so i dunno. I must of done something by accident while modding it...

Im out of ideas haha.

well thats just freaking dumb....
    everytime you pull the trigger its like.. a few mm off so only like 1/2 the piston goes through the barrel

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:53 pm