Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

3 posters

Reflex sights

wallo

Reflex sights Empty Reflex sights

Post  wallo Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:16 am

I know that Hasbro have a reflex sight for about $40 or thereabouts,but it's not particularly functional from the looks of things. I have observed that military applications often utilise reflex sights these days too, particularly in Close Quarters Combat. I was thinking about trying out one of the many reflex sights you can get for about $30 or so on EBay... Not so much for accuracy with height, more so for left/right accuracy.

The beauty of a reflex sight is that you're not shining lasers on people and therefore subjecting them to the dangers associated with lasers in the eyes because a reflex sight simply uses an LED. It's basically a clear pane that has a dot in the middle of it to assist with aiming, but you don't need to look down a scope and therefore take your eyes off the outside world.

Has anyone experimented with reflex sights before? I am considering one of the EBay $30 models for a Longshot instead of the useless scope that it comes with.
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Reflex sights Empty Re: Reflex sights

Post  matt.chopper Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:24 am

It's not going to matter if you get a scope or sight.

Scopes and sights are all accurate,nerf guns aren't.

Anyway this is a great site for that sort of stuff : http://black-tactical.com/store/

Matt
    wallo

Post  wallo Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:35 am

I wasn't interested in up/down accuracy, more left/right accuracy. And by using a reflex scope, you don't have to take your eyes and sense of awareness away.

I know that they're not accurate though, don't worry about that!
    Johnnus
    Johnnus

Post  Johnnus Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:32 am

Nerf offers what they call a 'Pinpoint Sight', which is a simplified Red Dot Sight. I got mine from ebay (for ~$20 incl postage) and at certain ranges for certaing blasters, the dart hits the dot exactly. There aren't any available on Ebay atm. I'd recommend the Nerf made one over military-grade sights/scopes because it's cheaper, easier to attach, has the same aiming qualities (due to stock Nerf blasters being quite inaccurate, especially with Whistlers/Streamlines) and comes with 10 Suction darts.

I'm slightly skeptical about using military-type sights as they probably do the same thing as the sights Nerf offers. Besides, Nerf's stuff is usually cheaper anyway.
    matt.chopper
    matt.chopper

Post  matt.chopper Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:38 am

I still don't think it will help with left/right accuracy because you could just use the iron sights, the end or the tactical rail. A reflex sight is just as useless as the crummy things nerf release because nerf guns have terrible range and accuracy. Using the blaster iron sights or the end of the tactical rail would be most accurate. Or if your unimpressed, creating your own iron sight will be fairly accurate.

I think the reflex sight would look real cool nonetheless.
    Johnnus
    Johnnus

Post  Johnnus Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:37 am

You've got a good point there. For left/right accuracy, you could just use an iron sight (which is usually a tactical rail).
    Especially if you've got a Recon - having a sight on the slide makes life trying to cock it fast more of a hell than it is already (cocking it fast often results in jams).

I still think you should use Nerf sights with unpainted Nerf blasters - the colours just fit better (unless you paint the military sights).
    wallo

Post  wallo Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:22 am

Yeah, I guess a black military sight would look a little odd on a stock standard unpainted blaster.

I wouldn't bother with it on a Recon because of the very reason you have stated; it gets in the way when reloading. This is for a Longshot. The silly sight that comes with the Recon is a nuisance as it is.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:40 am