Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

Nerfing down under!. Oz Nerf - Australian Nerf Community

If you're new to the forums please do the following.
1. Read the Forum Rules before posting!
2. Update your location, age and avatar TRUTHFULLY
3. Introduce yourself in the Welcome to Oznerf forum section =)

Navigation

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 52416 messages in 3425 subjects

We have 1922 registered users

The newest registered user is seabulb

Latest topics

» gold coast nerf war?
by ShaGGz LMS Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

» nerf clearout
by Runeblade Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:03 am

» How to replace the Longshot trigger plate?
by neon64bit Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:42 am

» Mid North Coast/Hunter War Organisation
by Vampros Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:18 pm

» WTB felt for slugs
by Richo123 Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:21 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

+20
Mozart
ElementGuy
RL
boosted6
clunk07
KingCam
matt.chopper
-Aj-
psyk
phuonguyen
littlebro05
Psykka
thestick
gooni
Bacara
kingkottah
TheBradl3s
Dietzie
Darth Lai
Silent Scope
24 posters

Lanard Shot Gun/Airzone Triple Shot Overhaul

psyk
    psyk

Lanard Shot Gun/Airzone Triple Shot Overhaul - Page 2 Empty Re: Lanard Shot Gun/Airzone Triple Shot Overhaul

Post  psyk Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:53 pm

clunk07 wrote:I think KC is trying to say that NH has been hacked (as most of us are aware), and the site is still down.

They do have a low-fi version, which you can access for their modifications etc. Unfortunately, there's no search function...

Here's the link:

http://btrettel.nerfers.com/nharchive/

I can help you guys with that.

First, here's Zorn's mod on the lo-fi site:
    http://btrettel.nerfers.com/nharchive/t18544.html

Now, about the search function on NH not functioning...
    Basically, I don't have an NH account either (technically I do, but it's not yet verified for over 3-4 months... that's as good as not having an account)

so what you need is just afew different tabs in your browser and the use of Google, your best friend.

First, here's the link again, to Zorn's Quadshot Overhaul:

Keep that address in your address bar.
    Now on a new tab, go to Google, and search for something you're looking for, but using some "smart" keywords. In this example I'm going to type it like this:
    "nerfhaven.com Swarmfire AR Removal"

and I will get a hit (most probably, if not, keep searching and switching keywords) which links me to a thread on the Nerfhaven page.
    However, clicking on the link (for those without accounts - and almost anyone now becuase they're still not up yet) will take you to a "board message" saying "You do not have permission to view this topic."

Take a look at the address bar of that page. Mine reads:
    http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20948&pid=296312&mode=threaded&show=&st=&

All you want to care about is the set of numbers in-between "showtopic=" and "&pid".
    In this case, it's 20948.

So head back to the tab with the lo-fi page open.
    The address bar should be reading:

All you do is just change the numbers (numbers ONLY) at the end of the address.
    So, in order to view the Swarmfire AR Removal thread, replace the "18544" with "20948" to get
    http://btrettel.nerfers.com/nharchive/t20948.html

Hope this helps everybody, and that points to the cached version of the Swarmfire AR Removal thread for all to see, registered or not.
    Bacara
    Bacara

Lanard Shot Gun/Airzone Triple Shot Overhaul - Page 2 Empty Re: Lanard Shot Gun/Airzone Triple Shot Overhaul

Post  Bacara Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:59 pm

Thanks for that psyk, now time to get a tripleshot to do this mod (finally!). One more thing, SS, is your 16mm UPVC a tight fit for the blue foam?
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:24 pm

Nah, it's a perfect dart/barrel fit at an ID of around 12.9mm or so. KingCam or gooni may be able to help you.

Also, this picture may help regarding the torsion spring re-orientation:

Lanard Shot Gun/Airzone Triple Shot Overhaul - Page 2 Blaste12
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:52 am

I saw in a pic you dremeled out the end notch on the plunger rod, how much does it help?
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:25 am

You need to dremel out those notches to allow the plunger rod to travel further. It interferes with the catch if you don't.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:43 pm

Ok i will try it thanks mate.

Yeah i noticed the plunger falls way short of opening.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:05 pm

It'll contribute to better airflow I suppose

But do I need to combine that with cutting out of a longer cocking handle 'track'?
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:42 pm

Yes you do. While it may be a couple of millimetres at the front, you will need to cut back around 6-8mm to achieve that nice and long displacement.

You should hear eight or so clicks on the catch if you do it right.
    ElementGuy
    ElementGuy

Post  ElementGuy Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:23 am

Would petg be a good choice for blue foam as a barrel material?
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:12 am

Hey Silent, i did the re-orientation for the torsion spring, and ever since i changed that, it no longer catches, so it doesnt work anymore. I spent around 3-4 hours trying to fix it yesterday, and nothing. I glued the catch in the down position, i tried just about everything and no luck.

Any ideas?
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:12 am

ElementGuy wrote:Would petg be a good choice for blue foam as a barrel material?
    Maybe, why don't you go and try it out and tell us how you go?

My carbon fibre barreled model, which has the same fit as 9/16" brass, was hitting 100' flat with a "Chad" spring. There were 17/32" brass inserts at the rear of each barrel, though...

boosted6 wrote:Hey Silent, i did the re-orientation for the torsion spring, and ever since i changed that, it no longer catches, so it doesnt work anymore. I spent around 3-4 hours trying to fix it yesterday, and nothing. I glued the catch in the down position, i tried just about everything and no luck.

Any ideas?
    Did you cut a notch in your catch as as provision for the torsion spring to sit on?

I also recommend for everyone to test-prime the blaster without its spring to ensure that the blaster primes properly. If you still get stuck, send me some pics by PM.
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:19 am

No i didnt cut a notch in the catch...havent seen that mentioned anywhere....ok i will see, but i'm about to give up today on it, has been hours and its just not working anymore.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:32 pm

Nice write up, man! Clean and clear, good stuff. I just ordered a Hand Cannon, so I'll be coming back to this.
    Silent Scope
    Silent Scope

Post  Silent Scope Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:20 pm

A Hand Cannon, huh? Just bear in mind that you will need to source a rotational bar and turret if you wish to do the whole quad/octo-spec Shot Guns.

Though, it's still possible to have a decent primary with its "singled" provisions. Simply follow the guide regarding the plunger tube fabrication process, then epoxy a 16mm UPVC reducer with a 20mm UPVC coupler nested over it to give it that modular aspect accepting all 16mm UPVC and 20mm UPVC setups.
    Mozart
    Mozart

Post  Mozart Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:17 am

I was just saying, nice write up. I don't care about having more than one shot, it's not for a primary. It was a compliment.
    Bacara
    Bacara

Post  Bacara Tue May 31, 2011 2:07 pm

Ok, just did this mod on the weekend, after 3 weeks of procrastination lol, and I found that I now have zero catch problems and 30m or so of range with just a longshot and stock spring! This mod definitely works, if it can be done properly
    @SS, why did you tap the hole in the rod? I just drilled a pilot hole and used a self tapping screw; it works great!
    clunk07
    clunk07
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post  clunk07 Tue May 31, 2011 2:21 pm

My TS arrived today - this may be on the cards in a couple of months. Thanks for the write-up SS.

Cheers,
    boosted6
    boosted6

Post  boosted6 Tue May 31, 2011 2:46 pm

Yeah if you do it well it gives amazing results.
    148ft from mine is the best so far with the stock spring and a LS spring.
    Luke
    Luke

Post  Luke Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:06 pm

Thanks for the writeup Silent Scope, it made me want a Triple Shot.
    Darth Lai
    Darth Lai

Post  Darth Lai Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:26 pm

Aj made the singled TS video private...

It was funny as though ahhaa..
    nerfor007
    nerfor007

Post  nerfor007 Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:40 am

where did you get that gun in vic i thought air zone was only in america.
    RL
    RL

Post  RL Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:25 am

Nope. It's everywhere. I've bought about three, all from Toys R Us.
    nerfor007
    nerfor007

Post  nerfor007 Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:36 am

Thanks, do not really look in there.
    ZeusPwns
    ZeusPwns

Post  ZeusPwns Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:52 pm

Hey Silent Scope,

Where did you purchase your "Chad" Spring from?
    TooBz
    TooBz

Post  TooBz Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:56 pm

ZeusPwns wrote:Hey Silent Scope,

Where did you purchase your "Chad" Spring from?
    Silent Scope doesn't use Chad springs anymore, he has his own supplier that makes stronger springs than a Chad spring, only a little. Now we have discovered that there is a website that sells the exact same springs...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:37 pm